British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
beesbarmyarmy

Wild Cards For 09

So who would we give the wild cards for 09 to then? These are who I think they will be given to:

1 - Scott Nicholls - He's the number 1 brit, therefore will probably get one. If he'd ride all year with the same grit as tonight he'd be in the top 8.

2 - Freddie Lindgren - He'll be the only swede as Andreas Jonsson has turned Polish.

3 - Emil Sajfutdinov - World U21 champion for the second year running.

4 - Chris Holder - He's made a huge impact on the Elite League this season.

5 - ?????

Being patriotic and a Coventry fan I'd give the last one to Chris Harris.

So who would we give the wild cards for 09 to then? These are who I think they will be given to:

1 - Scott Nicholls - He's the number 1 brit, therefore will probably get one. If he'd ride all year with the same grit as tonight he'd be in the top 8.

2 - Freddie Lindgren - He'll be the only swede as Andreas Jonsson has turned Polish.

5 - ?????

1) Probably

2) Probably

3) I think I'm right in saying that if he's in th GP that would mean if he chose to ride in Britain he'd come in on an 8, which would probably put paid to him coming over, for a while at least. He could quite possibly achieve an 8 point average, but he certainly wouldn't be as good value as he would be on 4 or 5

4) From a selfish point of view I seriously hope not.

5) I would imagine they wan t2 brits so it will probably go to Harris or Richardson, although they might Ed Kennett a try.

1) Probably

2) Probably

3) I think I'm right in saying that if he's in th GP that would mean if he chose to ride in Britain he'd come in on an 8, which would probably put paid to him coming over, for a while at least. He could quite possibly achieve an 8 point average, but he certainly wouldn't be as good value as he would be on 4 or 5

4) From a selfish point of view I seriously hope not.

5) I would imagine they wan t2 brits so it will probably go to Harris or Richardson, although they might Ed Kennett a try.

Kennett in the GPs? Are you serious. Jagus or Hampel would be a better bet or Niels.

although they might Ed Kennett a try.

I was reading this as a serious post, but when I saw this I knew it was a wind up. :lol::lol::lol:

Kennett in the GPs? Are you serious. Jagus or Hampel would be a better bet or Niels.

I agree completely, infact you could probably make a list of 10 riders you'd put in the GP ahead of Kennett, but if they insist on 2 Brits they make take the view that Harris and Richardson have had a go already and look for someone who hasn't.

5 - ?????

Think you will find there are only 4 picks. I would agree with the 4 you have chosen.

I was reading this as a serious post, but when I saw this I knew it was a wind up. :lol::lol::lol:

Ok clever clogs, I never said that was what I would choose :rolleyes:

Nicholls, Lindgren, Holder and Sajfutdinov will be in as the four nominated riders

1. Nicki Pedersen

2. Jason Crump

3. Tomasz Gollob

4. Greg Hancock

5. Hans Andersen

6. Leigh Adams

7. Andreas Jonsson

8. Rune Holta

9. Kenneth Bjerre

10. Sebastian Ulamek

11. Greg Walasek

12. Scott Nicholls

13. Fredrik Lindgren

14. Chris Holder

15. Emil Sajfutdinov

I agree completely, infact you could probably make a list of 10 riders you'd put in the GP ahead of Kennett, but if they insist on 2 Brits they make take the view that Harris and Richardson have had a go already and look for someone who hasn't.

D. King is performing pretty well at Eskilstuna worth a try before Kennett. :rolleyes:

D. King is performing pretty well at Eskilstuna worth a try before Kennett. :rolleyes:

Can you not read or something? Where did I say that I personally would choose Kennett? I was merely suggesting who they might choose if they were going for a second Brit. :rolleyes:

First of arent there only 4 gps:

Freddie and Scott should be pretty certain for one wc each but for the the other two WC's i dont know.

I wouldnt be surprised if Harris got one simply because he is a brit and that the BSI would want more then 1 brit in the GPs

along with all the 4 polish riders Gollob?, Walasek, Ulamek and Holta and three danes Nicki, Hans and Bjerre.

This should mean that no Polish or Danish rider gets a WC. Possible other candidates are Jonas D but he

haven't really shown any Gp qualities this season in his league racing but a good performance in the SWC so he might get one anyway.

I think it also depends on whether Gollob, Adams and Greg are riding in the GPs next season.

Holder, Emil, Pavlic, Tai are really great talents but imo they're a bit too young especially the three latter.

Riding in the GPs is very demanding, team wise, money wise and mentally and do these talents got what it takes?

my selection/prediction:

1. Freddie

2. Nicholls

3. Harris

4. Jonas D

Can you not read or something? Where did I say that I personally would choose Kennett? I was merely suggesting who they might choose if they were going for a second Brit. :rolleyes:

Daniel King is a BRIT. :approve:

it would have to be nicholls lindgren iversen and holder plus the top 8 and then the 3 from zielona gora

Wouldn't consider Harris in a onth of Sundays. Completely out of his depth and sorry to see. that Cardiff win was clearly a fluke.

I would go with one Brit in Nicholls. There isn't anyone else who can fill the second spot at the moment. Give it a coule of years and we might have but not for 2009.

Give the extra place to a foriegner who can at least challege for some points.