British Speedway Forum

Or even "the top four riders allowed to compete in the Grand Closed Shop"...!!!! :neutral:

Change the record - Yawn, Yawn!

Hancock was dischuffed because he knew giving Gollob yet another ‘home’ GP meant his chances of keeping third had been severely dented and of course that’s exactly how it panned out.

And before the usual suspects start bleating about there not being a ‘home’ advantage explain how Harris can only score double figures in 3 GP and 2 of those were at Cardiff.

Slight difference between Harris and Gollob in terms of home advantage. One was riding on a track that he knows like the back of his hand having been riding it for years. The other was riding on a one-off surface for the first time - albeit in front of a "home" crowd.

Did we really expect anything different? They seem to think if they forget it, then so will everyone else. Wrong.

Memories of Bill Shakespeare are aroused, Bunny.

Could this, perhaps, be a modern application of the evil a man does living on after him and the good being interred with his bones?

Ron. :wink:

Slight difference between Harris and Gollob in terms of home advantage. One was riding on a track that he knows like the back of his hand having been riding it for years. The other was riding on a one-off surface for the first time - albeit in front of a "home" crowd.

Not to mention having in "front" of him, someone seemingly unwilling to do what would normally be the case to stop an opponent past.... :shock:

Maybe, THAT was evidence that Mr. Hancock has given up any ambition actually of winning the World Championships - though I do take the point that, remarkably, he remains firmly a top 4 or 5 rider in this so-called championship series... :neutral:

BTW, I don't really get this general argument... NO-ONE has lost out more due to the GP system than Gollob. :cry: He'd have been World Champion, what, at least twice, surely, if the old indiv. World Final still existed and had gone on a four year cycle to Poland... So the 'home advantage' argument against him seems a tad ironic!! :rolleyes:

Ironic? No, it just shows what a joke the World Finals when one of the biggest supporters of the World final admits a rider would have won a World Final due to home track advantage, that cannot be the case in the GP series. Thank God.

Not to mention having in "front" of him, someone seemingly unwilling to do what would normally be the case to stop an opponent past.... :shock:

Maybe, THAT was evidence that Mr. Hancock has given up any ambition actually of winning the World Championships - though I do take the point that, remarkably, he remains firmly a top 4 or 5 rider in this so-called championship series... :neutral:

BTW, I don't really get this general argument... NO-ONE has lost out more due to the GP system than Gollob. :cry: He'd have been World Champion, what, at least twice, surely, if the old indiv. World Final still existed and had gone on a four year cycle to Poland... So the 'home advantage' argument against him seems a tad ironic!! :rolleyes:

What are you on about! My comment about Gollob's home advantage was in reply to Drop a Cog's comments about Harris getting home advantage at Cardiff. As in - Gollob's advantage for that one GP is massive and can't really be compared to Harris's.

Of course Gollob gets home advantage at Bygdozcz and of course it is only one GP (except this season). Nobody would argue with you that under the old system the likelihood is Gollob would have had at least one Championship under his belt.

Why is it remarkable that Hancock remains in the top 5? Personally I can't see him getting the top spot again, but he clearly is in the top echelon of modern day riders on merit.

As for your first point - again, what or who - are you on about?

Edited by salty

Hancock was dischuffed because he knew giving Gollob yet another ‘home’ GP meant his chances of keeping third had been severely dented and of course that’s exactly how it panned out.

Dischuffed. I like it. :D

Hopefully retiring from promoting that damn drink of his, which I wouldn't even try on principle now :rolleyes:

Yes getting very tedious :angry:

Memories of Bill Shakespeare are aroused, Bunny.

Could this, perhaps, be a modern application of the evil a man does living on after him and the good being interred with his bones?

Ron. :wink:

BSI/IMG in connection with Billy S, that's a first I think Ron. ;)

Dont forget that Hans had as much as Greg riding on the final GP and they were just 2 riders who were not happy at the switch.

Fair play to Tomasz in taking full advantage of the situation but I cant help feel that most of the speedway world was cheated out of a fair outcome to the series and the super prix.

Fair play to Tomasz in taking full advantage of the situation but I cant help feel that most of the speedway world was cheated out of a fair outcome to the series and the super prix.

:approve::approve::approve:

I hope Greg's comments on Saturday night were just frustration at missing out on 3rd place to Gollob. I had to laugh at his cheeky comment about the roof being open :D

He's still a very good rider despite his age. It must be all that monster drink he drinks ;)

Greg was having a constant dig at last weeks debacle too, & rightly so.

QUOTE (Rob B @ Oct 19 2008, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That was funny the way he kept slipping it in.

I thought Greg was on great form. He was clearly unhappy about the whole situation as the switch probably cost him another medal to add to the collection, but he was taking real delight in getting a few digs in.

And, did anyone notice how he faked trying to hide the drink when picking his gate position? :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think he'll keep going as long as he can make money out of the GPs. Clearly that is still the case at the moment so why would he stop?!