British Speedway Forum

£16 ! and a yo ho ho and i thought they were not letting ronnie biggs out at christmas :rolleyes:

No real surprise to be honest - I'm sure NYC at Newport was £15 last time I went (although I do suffer from brainfade these days ;)) so I'd say this was comparable.

And when you consider Poole had to pay to run it, makes it a fairly good deal.

And when you consider Poole had to pay to run it, makes it a fairly good deal.

Steve

You keep making this point that Poole had to pay for the meeting but as I have said a couple of times - that is not unusual, its an out of season meting and whether it be Poole, Newport, Telford or Brighton - they must be paid for.

Have I missed something - are you trying to make another point???

And for what its worth the prices are about as expected.

Steve

You keep making this point that Poole had to pay for the meeting but as I have said a couple of times - that is not unusual, its an out of season meting and whether it be Poole, Newport, Telford or Brighton - they must be paid for.

Have I missed something - are you trying to make another point???

And for what its worth the prices are about as expected.

It was sealed bids. So if Poole wanted it and had to bat the opposition, then they had to put in a good bid. It is irrelevant that Poole were the only ones to bid. they could have got it for 50p but may have bid thousands. I have no idea. but newport had a free reign before so their bid would have been minimal.

The money I save on paying the toll will more than cover the extra pound.

Good point well made, Matt. It's £5.30 at the moment and will no doubt go up again on January 1st. :rolleyes:

I've always wondered why you have to pay to get into Wales anyway. I'd gladly pay twice as much to get back out again. :D

The line up doesn't look too bad at this stage. I could well be tempted if Pints or Points is shipping the beers in. :unsure:

Edited by Seb the Snail

Good point well made, Matt. It's £5.30 at the moment and will no doubt go up again on January 1st. :rolleyes:

I've always wondered why you have to pay to get into Wales anyway. I'd gladly pay twice as much to get back out again. :D

The line up doesn't look too bad at this stage. I could well be tempted if Pints or Points is shipping the beers in. :unsure:

And from a Welsh perspective Seb,I would gladly pay double to get out of England and get back into God`s country :approve:

£16 for that.....Matty Ford the modern day Dick Turpin.....least Turpin had the good grace to wear a mask !! :lol:

And from a Welsh perspective Seb,I would gladly pay double to get out of England and get back into God`s country :approve:

Swim across matey , ya need the exercise. :lol::wink:

Admission prices.

£16, £13 OAPs and £4 for kids. Family ticket at £36.

Do you know the price of the programme ??

Have they started queing yet :lol:

I here Steve has set up a look out post on top of Barclay's. :P:D

I here Steve has set up a look out post on top of Barclay's. :P:D

and by all "accounts" the look out will be looking out for more than one worthy cause :wink:

Edit: that is more than just the interest of Poole :lol:

Edited by newportspeedwayhh

Can annyone please tell me what the date is of this meeting and the start time as i,m thinking of going down the night before for a night in poole with the handbrake ????