British Speedway Forum
asturmer

Shawn Moran, Down And Out In Beverley Hills?

It is heartbreaking, but keeps happening to sportsmen of all sports, I think that it must be something to do with the buzz of the sport that they do, and when that has gone they going looking for something else to give them that buzz. I don't think that we can fully understand it unless you have been in the same situation.

SPIN KING CAN YOU JUST REFRESH MY MEMORY ON THE SJOSTEN TRADGEDY ALSO I JUST READ IN THE TOMMY JANSSON BOOK ABOUT THE DEATH OF KRISTIAN PRAESTBRO WHICH IM EMBARRESSED TO ADMIT TO I CARNT REMEMBER.GETTING OLD YOU KNOW.ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED

SPIN KING CAN YOU JUST REFRESH MY MEMORY ON THE SJOSTEN TRADGEDY ALSO I JUST READ IN THE TOMMY JANSSON BOOK ABOUT THE DEATH OF KRISTIAN PRAESTBRO WHICH IM EMBARRESSED TO ADMIT TO I CARNT REMEMBER.GETTING OLD YOU KNOW.ANY INFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED

I am surprised to learn of the passing of kristian praestbro, i cannot recall this being recordrd in the speedway press.

I knew Kristian very well as we used to rendevous on the A604 near Earls Colne in Essex for the interchange of spares. as he travelled to and from the port of harwich. His Mercedes would be loaded with all the speedway goodies from Starline, GTS etc. I used to source spares from the south of England for him.

It was, and probaly still is, part of speedway culture for riders to act as couriers for urgently needed spares, Kristian was a reall gentleman, always well presented, reliable and a credit to speedway. I am saddened by this news

Tony

Echo the comments re Shawn Moran, who I remember particularly as one of the best at the art of team-riding, particularly when he had a spell as quite a regular guest for Coventry Bees