British Speedway Forum
asturmer

Shawn Moran, Down And Out In Beverley Hills?

Rumour has been circulating sometime over here in the West that Shawn Moran has met with very hard times over in Southern California. Does any one know if its true ?

Say it ain't so-though I wouldn't be surprised-what does anyone know of this

I believe that both the Moran brothers have fallen on hard times, but I seem to remember that Shawn especially has.

What's the scoop -anything to do with drugs??

What's the scoop -anything to do with drugs??

I cannot remember but I think it was drink.

y recall the defunct 5-1 MAGAZINE ran a story on Shawn a few years ago, at the time he was still living in Sheffield. Prehaps some one from Tiger country can shed some light on situation.

Tony

Wasnt it Shawn that had an accident last year - Im not sure but something to do with him nearly detaching a limb from his body.

Maybe that has lead to lack of work and thus lack of funds.

Whatever the reason I hope that this thread remains with sympathetic interest and does not turn into a lynching mob relating to peoples misfortunes - please.

Sandie, I agree it it is vital that we retain just the sympathetic interest. Fortune does not fall on every one and these guys gave us so much entertainment in their day they owe us nothing, but we owe them if only good thoughts and a genuine interst in their welfare.. I wish, we as a caring speedway communty could give some support to them

.Tony

Sandie, I agree it it is vital that we retain just the sympathetic interest. Fortune does not fall on every one and these guys gave us so much entertainment in their day they owe us nothing, but we owe them if only good thoughts and a genuine interst in their welfare.. I wish, we as a caring speedway communty could give some support to them

.Tony

Unfortunately life and people are not that way disposed Tony even if they belong to a caring speedway community.

Sorry if my post on Shawn appears to unsympathetic which was not I my intention, Shawn was a hero of mine, and still is. I find it a really shame that a rider of Shawn's abitlity and one that should be living at least a comfortable life.

I do seem to remember a past thread that someone who had known Shawn from the past had said that Shawn's problems were centred around his drinking, and until he sort that out he could not move on with his life.

I do hope that he can sort out his problems and get his life back on track, knowing that your hero is penniless is not nice.

Wasnt it Shawn that had an accident last year - Im not sure but something to do with him nearly detaching a limb from his body.

Maybe that has lead to lack of work and thus lack of funds.

I remember reading about that a while back Sandie, cant recall if it was Kelly or Shawn though, but one of them fell from the gates of a big ranch they working on badly injuring their arm. It was an article with Kelly and he was talking of his alcoholism and how he had booked into some sort of rehab centre run by christians or something and how it had helped him get through it. Pretty sure it also said he was living in New York. :unsure:

Edited by mervjankefanclub

Sorry if my post on Shawn appears to unsympathetic which was not I my intention, Shawn was a hero of mine, and still is. I find it a really shame that a rider of Shawn's abitlity and one that should be living at least a comfortable life.

I do seem to remember a past thread that someone who had known Shawn from the past had said that Shawn's problems were centred around his drinking, and until he sort that out he could not move on with his life.

I do hope that he can sort out his problems and get his life back on track, knowing that your hero is penniless is not nice.

I too have heard the same things, unfortunately it happens to a lot of sports stars :( Even though you know deep down it is down to them that they have ended up like that, it's still upsetting when it's a hero of yours.