British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bryn

Stra At Rye House

Certainly well worth mentioning Parsnips old fruit - just hope it's not snowing by then! :wink::D

Looks like a good day was had by all.Wish i could have been there.......but i'll see you in the new year.

Glad to see that despite Parsloes's protests to move the thread elsehwere (ironic the number of times he's complained when threads have been moved :rolleyes: ), that it's stayed where it is and a STRA thread has got a few more reads than usual.

All the best

Rob

All we ask then is that in future Bryn lets us know before the next Rye meet then we can come along and it wont be seen as advertising as it's on this forum, winter is long enough without speedway

All we ask then is that in future Bryn lets us know before the next Rye meet then we can come along and it wont be seen as advertising as it's on this forum, winter is long enough without speedway

Just surf onto the STRA's own website at: http://www.southerntrackriders.co.uk/home.shtml from time to time Deano4265 to keep abreast of the Association's activities. NO further meetings this year (apart from practice day at King's Lynn) as I understand it. But you could always get up early this Sunday (assuming the weather's OK). and nip down to Iwade where there's a Dragons starting at 11a.m. I understand. :wink:

Glad to see that despite Parsloes's protests to move the thread elsehwere (ironic the number of times he's complained when threads have been moved), that it's stayed where it is and a STRA thread has got a few more reads than usual.

All the best

Rob

Rob , I didn't ask for it to be moved!! :rolleyes:

I was merely pointing out that the Mods are keen enough to move Conference related threads away from where they would get "reads" and stimulate interest and debate..

Ironic that for this and indeed the Bonfire Burn-up threads they've not done so. :neutral:

Which is good and maybe means that next season the Conference section (or dare I say it, the PL2 section :wink: ) may be treated with similar respect and common sense..!!! :approve:

Though - and whisper it quietly... - TBH, surely there ain't much actual doubt that threads about amateur racing should REALLY be in the Training & Amateur racing section :rolleyes:

There are issues (ones which have caused difficulties at Sittingbourne for a long time...) about meetings being 'advertised' as if for the public to attend, out of season.. :neutral:

Essentially, by my understanding, such meetings weren't "allowed" as public (ie non-club members only) events.

Yes,surely if they were advertised and also an entrance fee charged then they would be legit meetings.And as such only one a month would be able to be run.Plus if the general public was welcomed as such,then you would also need to comply with other safety standards?I know in Denmark they run lots of meetings that are not essentially for the general public(80cc meetings and 500cc meetings other than Superliga).They require less stringent medical facilities for these meetings!!!!

Yes,surely if they were advertised and also an entrance fee charged then they would be legit meetings.And as such only one a month would be able to be run.Plus if the general public was welcomed as such,then you would also need to comply with other safety standards?I know in Denmark they run lots of meetings that are not essentially for the general public(80cc meetings and 500cc meetings other than Superliga).They require less stringent medical facilities for these meetings!!!!

Not sure what point you're making. :unsure:

I'm just telling you what the situation is here in the UK.

No meetings out of season have EVER been charged for spectators at Sittingbourne (Iwade). All training and amateur sessions have full medical cover.

The one a month 'rule' relates not to one track but nationally. :neutral:

Thus, to quote recent examples (now sadly not the case): December was Brighton; January, Newport; and, yes, Feb. was Telford..!! :shock: Outside of those no proper, paid-for-admission meetings could be held :cry:

Not sure what point you're making. :unsure:

I'm just telling you what the situation is here in the UK.

No meetings out of season have EVER been charged for spectators at Sittingbourne (Iwade). All training and amateur sessions have full medical cover.

The one a month 'rule' relates not to one track but nationally. :neutral:

Thus, to quote recent examples (now sadly not the case): December was Brighton; January, Newport; and, yes, Feb. was Telford..!! :shock: Outside of those no proper, paid-for-admission meetings could be held :cry:

I'm sure I made a "donation" a few years back to watch a very very cold Nathan Gaymer memorial trophy. :unsure:

I'm sure I made a "donation" a few years back to watch a very very cold Nathan Gaymer memorial trophy. :unsure:

They must've seen you coming m8..!!!! :wink:

Remember all, if you want to freeze your proverbials off THIS particular weekend: Dragons meeting at the Old Gun Site, 11am start time.

I'll be warm(er) in the box!!!!!! :lol:

If thats the case, then I'm sure we don't want to complicate the issue, but why can't they have the odd meeting here and there with spectators? It is obviously important to those who are members of the STRA to maintain their position as a club with members, but if they were to put on the occasional meeting, and charge entry, it may be financially beneficial for them, and for the fans who would get to see the stars of the future. I'm positive that the same people who volunteer their services at speedway meetings would do the same for the STRA, or if not, club members could do it. Just an idea.

Edited by srbramble

I guess they could get around the situation.Maybe by taking voluntary contributions like the Museums did.But i think the BSPA are pretty stringent on these type of thing.Seem to remember Len Silver being at odds with them way back in the 70s when he wanted to run training meetings in the off season against Iwade and Mildenhall. :unsure:

I guess they could get around the situation.Maybe by taking voluntary contributions like the Museums did.But i think the BSPA are pretty stringent on these type of thing.Seem to remember Len Silver being at odds with them way back in the 70s when he wanted to run training meetings in the off season against Iwade and Mildenhall. :unsure:

As I said before...: yes: the BSPA ARE still very stringent about this...!! :rolleyes:

As I said before...: yes: the BSPA ARE still very stringent about this...!! :rolleyes:

Maybe you hadn't realised......no-one takes much notice of what you post B):lol: