British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
driver17561

Ryanair Cancellation Weeze Airport

for those whos flight was cancelled in germany on ryanair weeze to standsted flight on sun oct 12th just found this on ryanair site dont think we will get any money back lol

Ryanair Confident of Defending Passenger Compensation Claim

Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline, today (4th Nov) said it was disappointed that it will have to wait until February to defend itself against claims of ‘compensation infringements’ in Sweden after a case was deferred due to problems with an interpreter.

Ryanair believes that it will win the case, which is almost identical to a recent German case which dismissed a passenger’s compensation claim after Ryanair was forced to cancel a flight due to unsafe weather conditions.

Ryanair, who have been repeatedly wrongly blacklisted in Sweden in relation to similar cases, highlighted that the German court’s decision clearly establishes that airlines cannot be held responsible for passenger delays and cancellations which are caused by bad weather.

The German court found that bad weather prevented Ryanair from landing safely and represented extraordinary circumstances which were beyond the control of the airline under EU261 regulations and Ryanair is confident that the same conclusion will be reached in Sweden.

for those whos flight was cancelled in germany on ryanair weeze to standsted flight on sun oct 12th just found this on ryanair site dont think we will get any money back lol

Ryanair Confident of Defending Passenger Compensation Claim

Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline, today (4th Nov) said it was disappointed that it will have to wait until February to defend itself against claims of ‘compensation infringements’ in Sweden after a case was deferred due to problems with an interpreter.

Ryanair believes that it will win the case, which is almost identical to a recent German case which dismissed a passenger’s compensation claim after Ryanair was forced to cancel a flight due to unsafe weather conditions.

Ryanair, who have been repeatedly wrongly blacklisted in Sweden in relation to similar cases, highlighted that the German court’s decision clearly establishes that airlines cannot be held responsible for passenger delays and cancellations which are caused by bad weather.

The German court found that bad weather prevented Ryanair from landing safely and represented extraordinary circumstances which were beyond the control of the airline under EU261 regulations and Ryanair is confident that the same conclusion will be reached in Sweden.

We have already been told by Ryanair to get stuffed as regards claiming any costs back-however they did re-fund £12 each for the cancelled flight,which only leaves us about £140 ea out of pocket !im glad i hadnt taken out ryanair insurance because you cannot claim anything unless the flight has been delayed for 4 hours before cancellation.they are a bunch of crooks but no doubt i will fly again to a gp with them.have a look at http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/ryan.htm and read about all the other poor s*ds

We have already been told by Ryanair to get stuffed as regards claiming any costs back-however they did re-fund £12 each for the cancelled flight,which only leaves us about £140 ea out of pocket !im glad i hadnt taken out ryanair insurance because you cannot claim anything unless the flight has been delayed for 4 hours before cancellation.they are a bunch of crooks but no doubt i will fly again to a gp with them.have a look at http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/ryan.htm and read about all the other poor s*ds

It's a bit like buying a holiday online from 2 different companies (Airtravel and Accomadation), airline goes bust while you are either overseas or just about to go on holiday; you are not backed by ABTA and can't refund your Accomadation or get help from ABTA for a flight back home. Did you have travel insurance (i.e from the post office?)

Agree, Ryan Air are in a win win situation and will likely get more popular when the reccession takes hold..

Recently found out that ABTA are a waste of space!!

Many of you know about Nikki's doomed Peru trip. Well after months and months of letter sending (at registered prices) the last letter simply said - If you wish to go to Arbitration then contact ..........

Why the heck didnt they say that 6 months ago. What a complete waste of time. And I suspect that the process in arbitration would probably take another 6 months starting all over again.

Nikki's friend has already dropped out and taken the original offer and having taken advise it looks like Nikki will end up doing the same as they case her case is now weakened.

So the corporates win again :mad::mad:

for those whos flight was cancelled in germany on ryanair weeze to standsted flight on sun oct 12th just found this on ryanair site dont think we will get any money back

Ryanair's attitude to customer stinks, and to be frank, always has. On the surface, their claims about weather not being their fault may be valid, but airlines know that flights are susceptible to weather, and they know if they fly to remote airfields, they may have lower-grade landing systems. If they rely on short turnarounds and don't build in any margin for delays, then they are at least partly culpable.

To some extent I appreciate what budget airlines have done for travel, but Ryanair is just a bit too cheap for my liking, and often a false economy by the time you factor in getting from their distant landing strips to where you really want to be. :unsure:

To some extent I appreciate what budget airlines have done for travel, but Ryanair is just a bit too cheap for my liking, and often a false economy by the time you factor in getting from their distant landing strips to where you really want to be. :unsure:

That comment is just not allowed. :wink: If you dont know where your plane is landing when you book your ticket, thats your problem.

My last Ryanair experience was last weekend between Tampere-Dublin-Tampere. So we payed 20 Euros for a bag full of whisky as we checked it in at the airport, but we could have done it cheaper and we knew it. What really got to me AGAIN was the people back at Tampere when we entered the terminal. Tampere2 which is the one Ryanair uses is one of the poorest there is to my limited knowledge, but I cant stand it that people in designer clothing fly Ryanair to save money and then mock the premises the airline uses. :neutral:

If you dont know where your plane is landing when you book your ticket, thats your problem.

Of course I know where the planes are landing - that's why I don't use Ryanair unless I can help it. :wink:

I think their fares are often a false economy, even if you're able to get the headline-grabbing ones by booking early enough. By the time you've added the fees for luggage, for paying by credit card, getting to and from the remote airport, and even things like checking in, the difference between them and other airlines is often minimal. For example, to fly Ryanair from Stansted to Weeze is about GBP 45, but you can fly with Air Berlin to Dusseldorf proper for only GBP 60. You can even fly from Heathrow with Lufthansa for about GBP 80 (if you're flexible with travel times), and with them you get food and usually get some sort of backup if their planes are delayed or cancelled.

For me the hassle of Ryanair is rarely worth the bother unless they fly somewhere you really need to be. The attitude of their staff is also appalling, and they appear to think you should be grateful that they take you at all, just because they (claim to) offer low fares. :angry:

Tampere2 which is the one Ryanair uses

I generally prefer small basic terminals, as it's quicker to get through them, and you don't need to fight your way through hordes of 'duty free' shops selling pointless rubbish. Airports should be about getting from A to B, not shopping centres. :unsure:

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

The attitude of their staff is also appalling, and they appear to think you should be grateful that they take you at all, just because they (claim to) offer low fares. :angry:

Which also is showed by the attitude of some of the passengers using budget airlines, when they think they'll get the same service from Ryanair or easyjet as they get from the "big" ones. That is of course what makes the easyjet's "airport"-tv show excellent entertainment. "I was on time at the car park..." and all that... :lol:

when they think they'll get the same service from Ryanair or easyjet as they get from the "big" ones.

In fairness to Easyjet, I've always found them pretty professional, and they offer a comparable service to some of the more established airlines these days. I think that TV show portrays them in a bad light, because I've never seen people shouting and screaming at their staff (and as you say, it's usually the fault of passenger anyway).