British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
oleoleole

When Is "the Time"?

When is "the time" for the investigation into the fiasco of the German GP?

At "the time" we were told that now is not "the time" for investigations and recriminations and that the most important thing was the final GP in Bydgoszcz.

Well we have finished the GP's for this year so when are we going to hear any more about the infamous rain-off in an indoor stadium!!?

I am not holding my breath.

When is "the time" for the investigation into the fiasco of the German GP?

At "the time" we were told that now is not "the time" for investigations and recriminations and that the most important thing was the final GP in Bydgoszcz.

Well we have finished the GP's for this year so when are we going to hear any more about the infamous rain-off in an indoor stadium!!?

I am not holding my breath.

I was one of the idiots caught up in the fiasco, I sent a long lengthy letter to 'the powers that be' what a load of bol...s came back!!!! All the excuses you would expect!! When I asked why the reruns on Sky weren't advertised for the Sunday they said 'you will have to take that up with sky' They must have known the bloody meeting wasn't being run not to include it in the schedules in the Sunday papers!!!!

My Husband, myself and our friends have reluctantly decided that we will not take part in the 'circus' anymore, we have all attended our last GP abroard we can think of better things to do with our money, especially as 'our heroes' are sticking their 2 fingers up to us all!! We usually go to 3 or 4 but not any more, the least they could have done would have been to give a gesture to us all for wasting our hard earned cash, but no they give us a choice of certain GP's not all of them, well you know what they can stick them where the sun doesn't shine and I hope hard working people will vote with their feet!!!!!

Furthermore I do hope that if the riders turning their backs on us (the people that put them where they are) want to come back part way through the season are told 'on your bike' LITERALLY!!! I am a very big fan of Hans and it will be a shame not to see him but he is not bigger than the sport!!

It is such a shame to say it but I personally think that Speedway as we know it will be dead in the water before long! :cry::cry:

I was one of the idiots caught up in the fiasco, I sent a long lengthy letter to 'the powers that be' what a load of bol...s came back!!!! All the excuses you would expect!! When I asked why the reruns on Sky weren't advertised for the Sunday they said 'you will have to take that up with sky' They must have known the bloody meeting wasn't being run not to include it in the schedules in the Sunday papers!!!!

My Husband, myself and our friends have reluctantly decided that we will not take part in the 'circus' anymore, we have all attended our last GP abroard we can think of better things to do with our money, especially as 'our heroes' are sticking their 2 fingers up to us all!! We usually go to 3 or 4 but not any more, the least they could have done would have been to give a gesture to us all for wasting our hard earned cash, but no they give us a choice of certain GP's not all of them, well you know what they can stick them where the sun doesn't shine and I hope hard working people will vote with their feet!!!!!

Furthermore I do hope that if the riders turning their backs on us (the people that put them where they are) want to come back part way through the season are told 'on your bike' LITERALLY!!! I am a very big fan of Hans and it will be a shame not to see him but he is not bigger than the sport!!

It is such a shame to say it but I personally think that Speedway as we know it will be dead in the water before long! :cry::cry:

I agree with all you say we too noticed Sky had no reruns which we at the time thought was strange , also on the day of the GP there seemed to be little in the way of getting ready for a GP .I think now as i did at the time it was never going to happen . Also we as a group are still waiting for our ticket refunds when we were told we,d have the money by 31st oct .

The reason SKY had no reruns is that they just updated the EPG (electronic program guide) when they new the GP was off. There is nothing sinister in the fact that SKY had no re runs scheduled, as for everything else ????????????

The reason SKY had no reruns is that they just updated the EPG (electronic program guide) when they new the GP was off. There is nothing sinister in the fact that SKY had no re runs scheduled, as for everything else ????????????

At 8am on the Saturday morning my wife was setting up the VHS to copy the GP from the late night re-run. She remarked to me that there were no re-runs scheduled! That was 4 hours before the GP was cancelled.

How queer!

At 8am on the Saturday morning my wife was setting up the VHS to copy the GP from the late night re-run. She remarked to me that there were no re-runs scheduled! That was 4 hours before the GP was cancelled.

How queer!

The what now?

The what now?

I believe it is some sort of primitive device for recording TV shows, long since obsolete!!!!!!!!

That was bloody clever how it also updated printed magazines. :rolleyes::P

All the best

Rob

time to forget i think. everyone knows ole is to blame, get over it.

NO not time to forget, i don't suppose you lost hundreds of pounds on the German fiasco. I agree with Hansfan on this one I'm still very upset by what happend, i've been to 72 GP's in 12 countries & I'm not sure I will bother any more. I will go to Cardiff next year if I get my free ticket.

How queer!

I believe it is some sort of primitive device for recording TV shows, long since obsolete!!!!!!!!

Just bought it to replace our System 2000 machine.:blink:

Edited by pugwash

We flew to Germany on the Thursday and there was no reruns either late Saturday or early Sunday on the Sky Guide as we always record the rerun in case the live show over run .I still say this meeting was never going to happen .

Just bought it to replace our System 2000 machine.:blink:

Why replace it when it clearly aint broken... :neutral:

NO not time to forget, i don't suppose you lost hundreds of pounds on the German fiasco. I agree with Hansfan on this one I'm still very upset by what happend, i've been to 72 GP's in 12 countries & I'm not sure I will bother any more. I will go to Cardiff next year if I get my free ticket.

Lost a lot of money but i will still go to all the g.p.