British Speedway Forum
SteveEvans

Billy Hamill Farewell - Wolverhampton 22 March

Will Ricky Wells be in this meeting now when He signed for Bees. I bet He will? Maybe as a reserve?

Being "Under Billy`s wing" as the saying Goes, I would`nt bet against it ;)

Lucky

>>>bed of straw being prepared in the garden as we speak!! (May end up a bit damp though )<<<

Sandie, it sounds like you are a wonderful hostess as a bed of straw sounds preferable to the rear seat of the old Volvo Merle keeps promising us :-)

Cheers.

Will Ricky Wells be in this meeting now when He signed for Bees. I bet He will?

Sounds like a pretty good bet to me.

>>>bed of straw being prepared in the garden as we speak!! (May end up a bit damp though )<<<

Sandie, it sounds like you are a wonderful hostess as a bed of straw sounds preferable to the rear seat of the old Volvo Merle keeps promising us :-)

Cheers.

Has he told you though that the rear seat isnt actually INSIDE the volvo anymore - its by the side of the garage!!! :lol:

:lol: bed of straw being prepared in the garden as we speak!! (May end up a bit damp though ) :lol::lol:

Thanks for putting me up for a couple of nights I really appreciate it, even if I do end up sleeping in the garden!! :lol:

I was going to make some shortbread and bring it with me for you as well :D

Thanks for putting me up for a couple of nights I really appreciate it, even if I do end up sleeping in the garden!! :lol:

I was going to make some shortbread and bring it with me for you as well :D

okay - we can move you into the shed if you are bringing shortbread :lol:

In conjunction with Billy Hamill’s Testimonial Committee, Heathens Speedway Supporters Club are proud to announce the Billy Hamill Farewell Party, at the Cradley Heath Liberal Club, Cradley Heath. Tapes up at 7.45pm on Thursday 19th March.

This is a chance for all fans to personally thank Billy for his efforts in British Speedway, but it is an ideal opportunity for fans of Cradley Heath to turn out and share their support and admiration, for one of the greatest riders ever to wear the Cradley Heathens Race Jacket.

Billy Hamill is a rider that is respected throughout the world for his outstanding ability and his 100% commitment to every club he represented. A true racer, who achieved the sports highest accolade in 1996. Who could forget that grand prix year where he was given no chance with two rounds to go, but overcame the odds in one of the greatest finales to a grand prix season.

Come along and wish Billy all the best, apart from the man himself there will be special guests, plus your chance to see some Billy footage, enjoy a Pork Sandwich and join the club, helping to get speedway back to the area. HSSC will also have all the usual merchandise to purchase.

Come along and enjoy the night and lets give Billy a true send off he deserves

Tickets are priced at £5 members and £7.50 non-members. Please send your payment to Heathens Speedway Supporters Club, 2 Caernarvon Way, Dudley, West Midlands, DY1 2TR.

For more information please contact heathens08@googlemail.com, 07717 218621 or message me on here.

Check out this event on Facebook as well! http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.p...6350&ref=mf

Will

Edited by willp

Ricky Wells confirmed on the Wolves website.

GREAT and no surprise! I have to wait to see this lad until I came over on FUNKY FRIDAY at Coventry home 27 of march.

Because I will damn missed Billys farewell:(

You cant be everywhere can You?

i think Smederna should arrange some kind of goodbye/thank you cermony for Billy as well.

Not a race like this but you know a chance for fans/sponsors of him/Smederna to thank him for

the 15 years he rode for Smederna.

If you saw yesterday's ad in the Speedway Star you will see that as well as the 20 heat full individual there will be a Wolves Vs Cradley match supporting the event featuring some of the best names to ride for each club in the 1990's. It'll be a 4 man, 5 heat match based on the old junior league formula. What I can say is that anyone who has never seen a Wolves Vs Cradley match has missed out on a unique experience, but we are recreating it this day. It may be old riders, but the fans of both teams will be very noisy, given that, sadly, this could be last ever time these two teams meet. There will be one race in this match after each round of heats. 25 heats for just 15 quid is great value, so plan to be there at 4pm 22nd March!

Jason Crump has been confirmed for Billy's big day and the line up is looking very good.

The Wolves v Cradley races will be very interesting and i think we will be winning the trophy as usual :D:P

Teams;

Wolves

Sam Ermolenko

Ronnie Correy

Graham Jones

Wayne Carter

Cradley

Billy Hamill

Alan Grahame

Andy Grahame

Troy Pratt

Will - there is no runners up trophy!

Edited by SteveEvans

I certainly wouldnt dream of bumping up a thread, that is for a good cause, and has been dormant for a few days so instead I will ask a question.!!

Anyone got a new, full and updated riders list please??

Edit: Reading through this thread and the Wolves site, the named riders so far appear to be:

Leigh Adams

Jason Crump

Greg Hancock

Peter Karlson

Freddie Lindgren

Scott Nicholls

Adam Roynon

Adam Skornicki

Ricky Wells

Edited by Sandie

Leigh Adams

Jason Crump

Greg Hancock

Peter Karlsson

Freddie Lindgren

Scott Nicholls

Adam Roynon

Adam Skornicki

Ricky Wells

Nikolai Klindt

Ryan Fisher

Tai Woffinden

Ed Kennett

Jason Lyons

Plus - Billy Hamill, Sam Ermolenko, Ronnie Correy, Graham Jones, Andy Grahame, Alan Grahame, Wayne Carter, Super Troy Pratt.

That's 14 of the 16 confirmed and thats one hell of a field and show for 15 quid!!!

Leigh Adams

Jason Crump

Greg Hancock

Peter Karlsson

Freddie Lindgren

Scott Nicholls

Adam Roynon

Adam Skornicki

Ricky Wells

Nikolai Klindt

Ryan Fisher

Tai Woffinden

Ed Kennett

Jason Lyons

Plus - Billy Hamill, Sam Ermolenko, Ronnie Correy, Graham Jones, Andy Grahame, Alan Grahame, Wayne Carter, Super Troy Pratt.

That's 14 of the 16 confirmed and thats one hell of a field and show for 15 quid!!!

Hey thats a tough line up.