British Speedway Forum
tomhaines

SGP 2004 Calendar Announced

As for the German round ,i read somewhere that Hanover is a possibility.Which would be nice as its not far from me!

Guest mattp

If it was coming to Australia again, which is fairly unlikely especially after the weekend's events, I would think it would be more likely to go to the Football Stadium in the city, or a great venue would be Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, which has been acclaimed as the best Rugby League ground (viewing wise) in the world.

Guest ryanfan

What happend to coming to Australia and New Zealand? :shock:

Interesting that Slovenia remains after Dryml's crash and what his dad said.

It's not about which countries deserve a GP, but who BSI can find to host one. Most if not all are actually organised by a local promoter who has to pay BSI a staging fee of around USD 50,000, and assume all the financial risks associated with the event. The television and sponsorship money is kept by BSI.

If you look at the crowds at some GPs, it's hard to understand how they are making money, particularly as the local promoters is only able to sell a very limited amount of local advertising. I know there were question marks over the continuation of some of the GPs this year for this reason.

how about norden?!! lololol....theres something about gettin of a coach at 7 in the morning wen its p**sin down!!!!...then trapesing thru the mud to the beer tent with the smell of bratwurst and egon mullers greatest hit blaring out!!!!..not to mention the programme with the picture of the organiser that was so ugly they stuck a more flattering picture of him over it!!! lol..god im getin carried away by the thought now!! BRING BACK NORDEN MCS!! NOW!!! :evil: ;)

why dont we just have one round on a german longtrack like pfarfenfingy?!!! stick em all on it and sort the men out from the boys!! and then we can give a wildcard to lord kelvin!....and at least the germans can have a competetive entry such as robert barth or gerdy riss!!! :twisted:

FIM dates now show the Czech Rep meeting as the 15th of May!!!

15/05 Czech Rep. (Marketa Stadium)

The tickets have already gone on sale for Copenhagen and we don't even know for definate where/when some of the other GPs are going to be held yet :sad:

:lol: Yes Copenhagen is on sale, and I had all ready recived confirmation fra BSI that the refound ticket from the Scandinavium GP, 5 nice tickets in C6, (500 kr) section. I love that guy.

You should not buy the corner tickets, very bad soundsystem there.

The beer is expensive at Parken, but not othervise in Denmark

4 Danes in SGP!!! Not bad :rolleyes:

Taken from the GP site:

FIM 2004 PROVISIONAL SPEEDWAY

GRAND PRIX CALENDAR

DATE COUNTRY VENUE CONFIRMED / PROVISIONAL

1st May SWEDEN STOCKHOLM

Olympic Stadium Provisional

15th May CZECH REPUBLIC PRAGUE

Marketa Stadium CONFIRMED

29th May POLAND WROCLAW

Olympic Stadium CONFIRMED

12th June GREAT BRITAIN CARDIFF

Millennium Stadium CONFIRMED

26th June DENMARK COPENHAGEN

PARKEN Stadium CONFIRMED

21st August SWEDEN GOTHENBURG

Ullevi Provisional

4th September SLOVENIA KRSKO

Matije Gubca Stadium CONFIRMED

18th September POLAND BYDGOSZCZ

BKS Polonia Stadium CONFIRMED

2nd October NORWAY HAMAR

Viking Ship Stadium CONFIRMED

FIM 2004 PROVISIONAL SPEEDWAY

WORLD CUP CALENDAR

DATE ROUND VENUE CONFIRMED / PROVISIONAL

2nd August Round 1 Eastbourne CONFIRMED

3rd August Round 2 Eastbourne CONFIRMED

5th August Race-Off Poole CONFIRMED

7th August Final Poole CONFIRMED

We've lost a GP, wheres Germany? :sad:

And someone thinks that there's only two tracks in Britain which are eligible for the World Cup :sad:

Edited by Joanne

Guest KFC Baby

Strange goings on, on the SGP fixture list.

Was there always two Polish GP's? It is now Wroclaw 29th May and Bydgoszcz 18th September. Germany has disappeared completey and I'm sure the last time I checked, Gothenburg was confirmed. It is now provisional?!

As for the World Cup, I'm disappointed with the venues. Personally I was looking forward to an adventure in the Czech Republic or Poland, is it going to be held in the UK every other year?

I thought BSI were trying to raise the profile of the WC. Why hold the World Final at a stadium that can only hold about 3500 comfortably, any more than that and many can't see! and I don't think there's much room round the bends for temporary terracing. I've never been to Eastbourne but impressive is not the first word that comes to mind.

I know the WC has it's critics but I thoroughly enjoyed a week in Denmark last year and was really looking forward to this years event. I now feel disillusioned and embarrassed that Eastbourne and Poole are the best we can offer the world.

Edited by KFC Baby

As for the World Cup, I'm disappointed with the venues. Personally I was looking forward to an adventure in the Czech Republic or Poland, is it going to be held in the UK every other year?

Maybe Poole and Eastbourne were the only tracks in Europe willing to risk staging the SWC. The attendances in Denmark were poor to say the least especially the qualifying rounds. No one is going to offer to lose money.