British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
obrien48

Polish Speedway

Hi,

Wonder if you could all enlighten me into how Polish Speedway differs to ours? I'm just trying to understand the differences.

There is an atmosphere at a Polish speedway meeting.Possibly due to the fact there is a crowd.Possibly helped by the fact that the crowd see good racing.Not always,but more often than in the EL by quite a way.Hope that helps :neutral:

I was kind of hoping for more heat structure info ie do they have clubs like us or is it just tracks? But thanks for taking the time to reply

I was kind of hoping for more heat structure info ie do they have clubs like us or is it just tracks? But thanks for taking the time to reply

They have a full team racing schedule, just like us with several divisions. Last time I watched vthe Polish league there were a few differences to our league match formula but not enough for it to look very different from speedway as we know it in Britain, excepting the larger tracks and crowds.

Sweden is pretty much the same except without the large crowds unless things have picked up there in recent years.

Apart from the UK, Poland and Sweden any league racing tends to be very limited in scope although countries like Denmark do stage it.

Bear in mind most of the racing and equipment rules are pretty standard worldwide although meeting formats often vary.

Hope this helps,

Rob McCaffery.

You see dirt on the track and riders even overtake each other :P Not the poorly prepared tracks you see over here as there to tight to buy the material for it :lol:

Yes, we have clubs in Poland :) Each club has his own stadium with the track (sometimes the owner of the stadium is city).

There are 3 leagues in Poland - Extraleague (8 teams), 1st league (8 teams) and 2nd league (the rest - for 2009 will be 7 or 8 clubs). 3 of these clubs are foreign ones - Latvian Daugavpils in 1st league and Hungarian Miskolc + Ukrainian Rowne in 2nd league.

This year we had different league systems in different leagues but for the 2009 season the system will be the same. 14 league rounds in regular season - every team meets with each other 2 times (1 home match and 1 away). Then TOP-6 will have play-off rounds for medals/promotion and 7-8 teams will have play-off against relegation (8th team will be relegated and 7th team will have race-off with 2nd team from lower league).

Match format - 15 heats, 1st heat is "junior heat" and 14th + 15th heats are "nominated heats" (two best scorers from each team are not allowed to ride in heat 14).

In Extraleague teams consist of 7 riders - max 2 GP riders, min 2 junior riders (numbers 6,7/14,15 - 1 of them have to be Pole), min 3 Polish riders. Home team gets numbers from 9 to 15, guests get numbers from 1 to 7. Riders with numbers 7 and 15 are "reserve" riders and have only 1 programmed heat each but are allowed to replace any other rider.

In 1st and 2nd leagues teams consist of 8 riders - max 2 GP riders, min 2 junior riders (numbers 6,7/14,15 - 1 of them have to be Pole), min 3 Polish riders. Home team gets numbers from 9 to 16, guests get numbers from 1 to 8. Riders with numbers 7,8 and 15,16 are "reserve" riders. 7 and 15 have only 1 programmed heat each but are allowed to replace any other rider. 8 and 16 don't have any programmed heat but are allowed to replace other rider - if they are juniors, they can replaced any other rider but if they are seniors, they can replace only seniors.

Scoring system is very simple - 2 points for victory, 1 for draw, 0 for loosed match. After revange matches better team in each teams-pair gets 1 bonus point.

Important thing is that all matches from each round are staged the same day (like in Sweden) - mostly on Sundays.

Edited by Mama

They win internationals!

Hi,

Wonder if you could all enlighten me into how Polish Speedway differs to ours? I'm just trying to understand the differences.

Its just the same as British Speedway was in the 60s BIG BIG crowds Very fast racing Stacks of overtaking and didnt cost

a lot to get in.

I notice also that the Polish Leagues have abolished the Double Tac Sub rides for 2009.

While here, we have just reverted to two double tac subs from the gate. Grrr!