British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Gelsenkirchen Fiasco - Free Ticket Offer

It is over 6 weeks ago that the deadline for completing the form indicating which GP we wanted tickets for.Iv`e heard nothing since-has anyone ?

Contacted them about 3weeks ago.I already had seats booked in block M7 Cardiff but they told me I could cancel them and they would sort out some seats for me.I am now a little worried that I might have given up some decent seats and I might end up sat in the third tier with my telescope!

Contacted them about 3weeks ago.I already had seats booked in block M7 Cardiff but they told me I could cancel them and they would sort out some seats for me.I am now a little worried that I might have given up some decent seats and I might end up sat in the third tier with my telescope!

Yes you may have given up better tickets i was told you will be given tickets where they want to allocate them not where you may want to sit the last time this happend we were given third tier on the start line but the way people are talking on here we may beable to sit where we want as the talk is that ticket sales are slower than slow thats the real reason for the start time being brought forward if they tell the truth so people dont need a hotel they are hoping they will spend more on tickets

I've tried contacting them and had no response, anybody got a phone number or email address they will reply on?

QUOTE (Rob B @ Jan 4 2009, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've tried contacting them and had no response, anybody got a phone number or email address they will reply on?

You could try emailing liz.andersen@imgworld.com if she can`t help i`m sure she will pass it on to someone who can.

you could also try phone no.0208 233 5854

Edited by racers and royals

Letter received today on behalf of a friend, confirming arrangements for collecting complimetary tickets at the Millenium Stadium.

All appears to be in order.

Rico :rolleyes:

Letter received today on behalf of a friend, confirming arrangements for collecting complimetary tickets at the Millenium Stadium.

All appears to be in order.

Rico :rolleyes:

I recieved the same letter today Rico but what they have failed to tell us is where the seats are in the stadium no doubt we will only find out on the day when it could be to late for a good seat

I recieved the same letter today Rico but what they have failed to tell us is where the seats are in the stadium no doubt we will only find out on the day when it could be to late for a good seat

Yep I got the letter too, I rang them to see where the seats are, to make sure they are not giving us crap seats at the very top etc, only got a voicemail so waiting for a response.

We've also had the letter.

But why can't the tickets be sent by post as usual a week or two before the meeting?

Why do we have to waste valuable Cardiff time queing for tickets?

I shall be calling them next week but I am prepaired to be fobbed off again.

Got the same letter to collect mine from Parken.To be fair to them when this hapenned before at Ullevi I got top seats by the starting gate trackside which were very good seats (At Cardiff) I do agree though that the seat tickets could have been sent out as I will be a bit rushed arriving in Copenhagen early afternoon could

Well I have proof that the powers to be don't give a sh.. about anybody caught up in the Germany fiasco!!!!!

When we found out that we were to be given complimentary tickets we e mailed to say that due to the fact that I suffer from vertigo could they make sure that I was given lower level seats, no one got back to us at all about that, however yesterday we received a letter stating that 3 tickets would be waiting for us on the day, I emailed them straight away stating that we were entitled to 4 NOT 3 tickets, I also pointed out that the collection time stated on the letter was between 12pm and 6pm - well how does that work then when the meeting stars at 5pm!!!! I also asked that if I sent an SAE would they post them to me as we will not be in Cardiff until late afternoon.

We had a reply stating that yes someone had made a mistake and were entitled to 4 tickets - but get this you will love it all the allocated 'complimentary' tickets are yes you have guessed it UP IN THE GODS between sections U6 to U9!!! FANTASTIC!! NOT - plus they cannot post them to me they can only be collected. I emailed them straight back asking if they could possibly supply us with lower level seats because of the vertigo (that they were told about twice!!) They more or less answered straight away stating that no lower level seats would be given out as complimentary, so in other words us silly bastards can suffer again and they couldn't give a toss about what we went through in Germany - well never again will we travel to GP's abroard, we used to go to about 2 or 3 a year, but we will not line anyones pockets again, we used to love going but it has put a bad taste in our mouths!!! :angry::angry:

sue them. threaten with a solisitors letter as it is demed as not catering for your needs

sue them. threaten with a solisitors letter as it is demed as not catering for your needs

.........but arent they complimentary tickets.

Not sure you can sue for somthing that someone is 'giving away'.

Dont agree with what has happened though. It doesnt take a lot to give a little bit of consideraion.

they were offered as compensation wernt they not???? you can sue if they were as it is not catering for needs. if some was disabled and they did that would be a different kettle of fish. techically vertigo is a disability in medical terms and should be treated the same

they were offered as compensation wernt they not???? you can sue if they were as it is not catering for needs. if some was disabled and they did that would be a different kettle of fish. techically vertigo is a disability in medical terms and should be treated the same

I believe everyone from this trip received a refund for the Gelsenkirchen tickets.

These are additional and complimentary, thus they can do what they like and put you wherever they want.

If however you wrote to them and stated you were REGISTERED disabled that MAY make a difference.

Sorry Hansfan - not trying to be harsh as I think its a poor show - but I reckon thats the best you are going to get.