British Speedway Forum

Nice to see lindback back and wining 5 rides fantstic and having tony rickardson helping is going to be awesome for him

Lindback seems to have had an awesome day. I for one hope he's getting back to how he was a few years back. An exceptionally talented rider, you don't just lose that sort of ability and when he was on form a few years back he was quite simply fantastic to watch. :approve:

Taken from http://www.speedwayupdates.co.uk

WINNER: Leigh Adams

2ND: Krzysztof Kasprzak

3RD: Nicki Pedersen

<snipped>.

Early days. But same old faces top the scoring, with the usual mis hitters in the upper middle (most of whom are EL heat leaders this year!).

Fair play to Lindback, looked good Friday at Brandon (P&P) as well. Sure he will be in big demand come the first issue of the averages.

ATB

Lindback was excellent - even better than Kasprzak for Poole against the Robins last season!

Leigh was worth the win after gating last in the final and cutting through Lindback and Nicky on bend 2. Lindback contested second until characteristically baulked by Nicky who uncharacteristically rode too wide on bend 2 a lap later & , to a great cheer, was passed by KK.

A reasonable final race ended a dull meeting with Pavlic not bothering & Fisher wishing he hadn't (rubbish bike).

Stead was locking up in only two of his 6 rides & hopefully will be a whole lot smoother this season.

What was wrong with Pavlic?!

Slow gating, slow bike, goofy smile & no effort - actually it could have been Travis. :oops:

Apologies to Travis who's gonna be mean this year.

Contrast Jurica with James Wright & Klindt who didn't gate but tried hard for points.

Despite the absence of Sajfutdinov, Batchelor and Hampel, this was a fitting way to kick start the 2009 season, celebrate 60 years of history up at the Abbey, and also pay tribute to those riders that are no longer with us. The heroes of yesteryear got a great reception and the minutes applause for Bob Kilby and co was well supported. :approve:

On track it was a tale of 2 riders, with the resurgent Antonio Lindback eventually having to pay second fiddle to the home skipper after going unbeaten through the qualifying heats. Adams gave a real master class in the final, missing the gate but finding a perfect line off turn 2 before surging ahead down the back straight. Nicki dealt with Lindback in customary style, before a rare mistake gave KK the chance to slip into second.

Of the other Robins, Pavlic gave Leigh a real battle in Heat 7 but was generally awful from the gate elsewhere, Fisher gave a great interview but seemed intent on scoring in letters rather than numbers (0-EF-FX-EF-EF) and Steady was just that; steady.

Good to see a few Forum members too, but above all good to see some bikes and a bumper crowd. The first of many if the team lives up to expectations. On the downside there were traffic problems (largely due to the new lights) and programme problems (largely due to the fact that they sold out while most of the crowd were stuck in the traffic problems). :blink:

In Racecard Order:

Charlie (4) - not quite his usual self and scoring fell away after The Fish clattered him on the Pits Bend.

Nicolai (5) - battled hard all night and could pose some problems in a week or two when Wolves come to town.

Pavlic (1) - lulling the league into a false sense of security. Top tactics Rosco.

Bomber (8+0) - see Charlie. Apart from the bit about The Fish.

Jimmy (4) - Snails like Jimmy; hope he has a good summer.

NKI (9+1) - solid after drawing a blank in his opener.

Clean (14+3+3) - scored most of his points the hard way.

Noddy (7) - expected more and no doubt will be all the better for his visit when the Pirates come to town.

Bjerre (7) - didn't make the semis. Shame.

KK (8+2+2) - snuck into second from nowhere after a very slow start.

The Fish (0) - see Pavlic.

Rico (9+1) - par for the course.

Nicki (13+3+1) - not at his electric best, but the usual mix of brilliance and controversy nonetheless.

Steady (9+0) - outscored Mads and Charlie so a good home debut.

Toninho (15+2+0) - superb tonight, riding some great lines when he needed to but mostly bursting clear from the gate. Despatched by Nicki in the Final.

Mads (7) - pick and mix tonight. Not my favourite by any means but sure to give his all for the Panthers.

Edited by Seb the Snail

Good to see some speedway but not a classic meeting - as to be expected really with the season openers, the Ruski and Hampel may have livened things up a bit.

Lindback was superb during the qualifying, his performance being the highlight of the night along with escaping from the car park by 9:05pm.

A reasonable enough meeting that was totally spoilt by that idiot Nicki Pedersen. This afternoon I watched two rider leave the track in the back of an ambulance and Nicki Pedersen was intent on making that 3 this evening with the move he pulled on Lindback. The guy is a nut case who not only ended Lindbacks race and potentially a great race with Adams but could have left Antonio in a bad way. He wonders why a most people booed him at Cardiff, the guy a dick head and frankly if I never have to see him on speedway bike again I'd not be disappointed.

Antonio was bloody awesome tonight, I've never been his biggest fan but riding like that and he will be soon. Fast, smooth, stylish yet still aggressive and giving it 100% He has changed but for the better, he was a joy to watch tonight and I hope he's back in the EL soon.

A reasonable enough meeting that was totally spoilt by that idiot Nicki Pedersen. This afternoon I watched two rider leave the track in the back of an ambulance and Nicki Pedersen was intent on making that 3 this evening with the move he pulled on Lindback. The guy is a nut case who not only ended Lindbacks race and potentially a great race with Adams but could have left Antonio in a bad way. He wonders why a most people booed him at Cardiff, the guy a dick head and frankly if I never have to see him on speedway bike again I'd not be disappointed.

Antonio was bloody awesome tonight, I've never been his biggest fan but riding like that and he will be soon. Fast, smooth, stylish yet still aggressive and giving it 100% He has changed but for the better, he was a joy to watch tonight and I hope he's back in the EL soon.

Am not sure if nicki has a problem with anton as most times they have met especially in racing in england nicki seems to 'take him out', maybe its just a coincedence but have seen it at least 3 or 4 times now.

Have to see what happens on weds.

Edited by lisa-colette

Am not sure if nicki has a problem with anton as most times they have met especially in racing in england nicki seems to 'take him out', maybe its just a coincedence but have seen it at least 3 or 4 times now.

Have to see what happens on weds.

Well you know what they say if you can't beat them than take them out. :rolleyes:

Well you know what they say if you can't beat them than take them out. :rolleyes:

I didn't see any complaints about Ricky Wells riding at Sheffield though :P

Been reading nicki's guide to speedway then! :wink:

Guest sjl

I wasn't there so cannot comment too much but it appears that Simon Steadynow scored reasonable points --- hope it's the start of a great season for him!

I wasn't there so cannot comment too much but it appears that Simon Steadynow scored reasonable points --- hope it's the start of a great season for him!

Simon did his job tonight, getting the better of the likes of Mads, Holder, Bjerre and Charlie. If he keeps that sort of form up then there will be no complaints. :)

Nicki was very hard on Antonio but it wasn't the worst move I've ever seen. Lindback was undoubtedly second on merit if not on the scorecard. :neutral:

Edited by Seb the Snail

Simon did his job tonight, getting the better of the likes of Mads, Holder, Bjerre and Charlie. If he keeps that sort of form up then there will be no complaints. :)

Nicki was very hard on Antonio but it wasn't the worst move I've ever seen. Lindback was undoubtedly second on merit if not on the scorecard. :neutral:

It must have been, SCB says so. :rolleyes: