British Speedway Forum

Put up on the swindon site tonight.

Adams, Batchelor, Stead and Emil Sajfutdinov confirmed starters.

tasty. B)

Should imagine Mads and Rico will be there, hopefully Bomber, Crump, and Andersen will be asked to compete too.

Potentially a great lineup, definitely a ridiculous date. :rolleyes:

I agree - Should have been a few days earlier to coincide with the Cheltenham Festival !! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I did point this fact out to Gary at the Fans Forum but he seemed to think it was the only date we could fit it in and attract a decent line-up.

I personally think it is a faux pas holding at at a time of year when, if it does beat the weather, it will attract a much lower crowd than it deserves due to the fact that it is too early in the year and it is likely to be as cold as a fishes t*t.

Stupid date. Already the SRBF meeting at Sheffield + Dean Barkers farewell :rolleyes:

Plus the first meeting of the new era at Newport (Prince of Wales Trophy ?), although naturally, I will be Blunsdon.

I do agree that another date, if at all possible, would be preferable

There arent enough top riders to spread around 3 individuals. Crump will seemingly be riding round on his own at Sheffield, whilst Barkers meeting + Swindons will have such disparity between the top and bottom end of the line-ups, it doesn't seem worth going to any of them. I suppose I'll wait and see, but what looked to be 3 promising meetings, now all appear to be a disappointment.

The srbf meeting is on the 29th march not the 15th crump will be at swindon i would put money on it and im not a betting man

What's the big meeting at Sheffield on the 15th, then? The OZchem classic? Wasn't that supposed to have top names too? :unsure: Apologies. :)

Definately.

I would love common sense to prevail and the date changed. I would love to come down to this but I think I will be heading off to Newport as 1st choice.

Be interesting to see what sort of line-up they come up with. Personally I'd love to see people like Shawn McConnell, Andrew Silver and Brian Karger there, but we'll see.

Anyway, enough of that. Let's all find something to moan about shall we.