British Speedway Forum

Am not sure if nicki has a problem with anton as most times they have met especially in racing in england nicki seems to 'take him out', maybe its just a coincedence but have seen it at least 3 or 4 times now.

Have to see what happens on weds.

Last year, in Denmark, Antonio crashed pretty bad after a fight with Nicki. Antonio tried to go around Nicki but Nicki closed the door and Antonio overturned and was hit by the riders coming behind. Nicki was excluded but was accusing Antonio for being to wild on the track. I am pretty sure Nicki wants to make an example against Antonio and tell him who is the champ...

Nicki was very hard on Antonio but it wasn't the worst move I've ever seen.

Quite right, SCB is overreacting.

Nicky just came out wide on bend 4, took Antonio's line & leg & forced him to shut off. Standard Nicky & that's why the aggressive little g*t is World Champ & nice Leigh Adams never will be. Leigh would have kept it tight or shut off & made a fair race of it.

Great night of entertainment at the Stade de Lite...good weather, like the old days in the 60s/70s, queueing to get in, car park full, told there was over 4,000 present. Bloody geezer selling hot dogs in our usual space.

Not enough progs but a batch was printed and raced up from Bristol half-way through meeting. Fitting tribute to Kilb, good to see the old riders there.

Had brief chat to Don Rogers. Fireworks as good as Cardiff!! :approve:

Superb riding from Lindback, glad he's not riding against Robins this season, easily beat Leigh in heat, but brilliant 2nd. bend surge from Adams in Final left Pedersen Lindblack and Kasprzak for dead. :approve:

Pav, Holder, and Gjedde were disappointing, and The Fish showed what was to come when he slid into Charlie on pits bend :unsure:

Steady rode well. Would have liked to have seen Batch and Trav competing.

Clean (14+3+3) - scored most of his points the hard way.

Put on a bit of a show eh ;) Fitting to see that he won this meeting.

Nicki was excluded but was accusing Antonio for being to wild on the track

Christ almighty talk about the pot calling the kettle black, perhaps it's because Antonio isn't in total control of his bike like Nicki used to put his moves down to ..........

aggressive little g*t

And some call him other names haha

I don't think I've ever read it written that a meeting from the Abbey Stadium was fantastic, what is wrong with that track?

Nicki was out of order in the final. Not seen it from Nicki for a long time but it was like watching old Nicki who when he wasn't quick enough threw the bike at people. A rider should never be put in a position where they either have to shut off completely and end up 50 yeards behind, or go flying into the air fence. Thankfully KK passed the little rubbish. Possibly a slight over reaction given that I had to watch Wato go off to hospital after a sickening crash in the afternoon and then having to watch Nickis disregard for Lindbacks space in the final but I stand by what I said.

Lindback was superb. He left Adams and and Pedersen for dead in the heats, they couldn't get close. Completely different rider to the joke that was over here for BV, and the rather more dangerous Poole version. Could watch him race all day long. :approve:

More annoyingly was the fact Swindon decided to ignore the normal GP format for the semi finals. Adams and Nicki P should have been in 1 semi, and Anton in the other. As it was Mr. Clean conveniantly got a nice easy semi final and and almost guarenteed first choice for the final :rolleyes:

Harris started very well and got what I believe was the quickest time of the night in his first ride? Got slower as it went on and got boxed in in the semi. Hope he steps it up a notch for tonight at Wolves.

On the whole not bad for an early season meeting. Impressed with what Ronnie Russel has done with the track, looks like he's cut away at the bends to make it more like a diamond? Certainly seemed to open up a few more lines and as the track beds in I'm expecting some excellent racing at the Abbey this season.

excellent racing at the Abbey

I look forward to the reports quoting this line :) Hope it happens too!!!!!

The Adams cutback and blast through on the inside of the leading trio of Pedersen Lindback and Kasprzak was as good a manouevre as I've seen at Blunsdon. Also Adams chasing down Holder and his pass was excellent stuff. He wasn't gating well in most races.

Hopefully with the new lines there will be better racing at the Abbey this season.

More annoyingly was the fact Swindon decided to ignore the normal GP format for the semi finals. Adams and Nicki P should have been in 1 semi, and Anton in the other. As it was Mr. Clean conveniantly got a nice easy semi final and and almost guarenteed first choice for the final

Just a note, the choice of gates for the final were done by the toss of a coin. Made no difference what semi they were in, also add the fact Adams had beated everyone bar Lindback was there any doubt he would be in the final ???

I had no issue with Adams making the final, but if Lindback had had the easy semi he'd earnt, he would almost definately have won it and been in with a shout of first choice for the final.

Whilst it was done on the Toss of the coin, that was only to decide between Adams and Nicki, the 2 semi winners. Lindback would have almost certainly been involved in that toss for first choice had the semi final line-ups been correct. :)

I had no issue with Adams making the final, but if Lindback had had the easy semi he'd earnt, he would almost definately have won it and been in with a shout of first choice for the final.

Whilst it was done on the Toss of the coin, that was only to decide between Adams and Nicki, the 2 semi winners. Lindback would have almost certainly been involved in that toss for first choice had the semi final line-ups been correct. :)

The referee made the call as to which rider rode in which semi final. Essentially 1,3,5 & 7 were in the first semi and 2, 4, 6 & 8 were in the 2nd semi. It was decided before the meeting that that was the way the semi finals would be run. There was no agenda or fudge as you allege.

So your reward by finishing top scorer was the 'hard' semi and by finishing 2nd you got the easy one, then. Which muppet came up with that idea?

The referee. MR just told you that! :blink:

So your reward by finishing top scorer was the 'hard' semi and by finishing 2nd you got the easy one, then. Which muppet came up with that idea?

Ok Kermit :rolleyes: now how would you have selected the riders for each semi final ?

Please enlighten us all :approve:

The referee made the call as to which rider rode in which semi final. Essentially 1,3,5 & 7 were in the first semi and 2, 4, 6 & 8 were in the 2nd semi. It was decided before the meeting that that was the way the semi finals would be run. There was no agenda or fudge as you allege.

The referee. MR just told you that! :blink:

Yes, who was? :blink:

It's a stupid way of doing it. Adams ended up better off by Lindback making him look like he was riding a 50cc and it shouldn't happen like that. How difficult is it to copy the GP format really? :rolleyes:

Ok Kermit :rolleyes: now how would you have selected the riders for each semi final ?

Please enlighten us all :approve:

1,4,6,7 in semi final number 1.

2,3,5,8 in semi final number 2.

Gate choice for the final should then go to to semi final winner with the highest score, then the second highest scoring semi winner, then the highest scoring second place, then the second highest scoring second place.