British Speedway Forum

I hate slick tracks.

I still can not belive that the gp promoters do not tell Ole that they don't want any more slick tracks.

Yes the riders love them as its so much safer but they need to sell there product and slick tracks equals one thing procesional racing.

Scott is just not good enough and neither is Harris its time somone else got a shot at it. Years and years of watching Nichols bottle it.

Completely agree about the track,it was another borfest served up by Olsen,the quicker he is off the track set up job the better.Watched the first dozen or so races this morning and was so bored missed the rest and went straight to the final.

Nicholls and Harris are an embarressment and so far out of their depth.Trouble is they are the best this country has to offer,maybe a year or two down the line Woffinden will be ready but untill then we are stuck with these two or at least this year as if they dont get in next year as of right they surely wont get a wildcard pick again.

The problem at Prague as I think Sam Ermolenko pointed out, is they tend to over water the track. This early in the season is stupid, as although warm daytime, still gets cold at night, so track does not dry out, as proved at Coventry on Friday night. Whilst I am not an Ole Olsen fan, he cannot be blamed for the amount of water put on to the track. He has to have slick tracks because of the tight schedule with Sky TV, finished on time last night for once, in spite of Semi Final 2 rerun, the only incident of the night.;

On another topic, just how many people turned up at the track, 10,000 was mentioned, they must have been standing on top of each other in the standing area. The only full area seemed to be the main stand area, usually filled with sponsors.

Whilst I am not an Ole Olsen fan, he cannot be blamed for the amount of water put on to the track.

Oh yes he can he's part of IMG/BSI who are ultimately responsible ................... can't IMG/BSI sort the schedules with SKY if they feel the tracks need more attention during the meetings?

The problem at Prague as I think Sam Ermolenko pointed out, is they tend to over water the track. This early in the season is stupid, as although warm daytime, still gets cold at night, so track does not dry out, as proved at Coventry on Friday night. Whilst I am not an Ole Olsen fan, he cannot be blamed for the amount of water put on to the track. He has to have slick tracks because of the tight schedule with Sky TV, finished on time last night for once, in spite of Semi Final 2 rerun, the only incident of the night.;

I'm not sure how over-watering can be blamed for that. There was dust up from heat 1, and the first four heats were easily the worst in terms of racing and availability of lines. Far from over-watered, that was way, way too dry at the start.

to me the way the gp tracks are pepaired why not race on tarmac, and i suppose that applies to leauge racing aswell

I think its a bit premature to start writing people off or bigging them up after just one GP. Scott bashers are already out and yet he wasn't the only one who didn't make the semis, Hans didn't exactly shine either.

Agree with all that Emil is a sensation, thought he would do ok, but gee whizz. :approve:

Once again the snipers are out for OUR brits, yes they were'nt good, yes it's poor that bomber says he was happy with that, next up it's Leszno, the Team GB graveyard so don't expect any improvement soon.

Remember they weren't the only one's having a poor night, by Andersen's excellent standards he was well below par as was Gollob.

Looking at the crowd n the back straight, it seems I was not the only 1 who decided after 3 years of crap that I was not going to bother going to Prague this year. They need to sort it out and soon they'll be left with half a dozen people there

Looking at the crowd n the back straight, it seems I was not the only 1 who decided after 3 years of crap that I was not going to bother going to Prague this year. They need to sort it out and soon they'll be left with half a dozen people there

On an earlier post it said the standing area was packed like sardines, so maybe more about the ticket price than racing quality.

On an earlier post it said the standing area was packed like sardines, so maybe more about the ticket price than racing quality.

To me, that shows a lot of locals showed up, but the travelling fans (on whom Italy, Czech Rep., Latvia, Slovenia depend) stayed away. In the current climate it doesn't seem unreasonable that a good few of those who'd normally jet off to these things either decided to keep the money and watch from home, or ran up against the sudden realisation that these trips are actually pretty expensive when they can't pretend their house is paying for it...

But we had a perfect replacement didn't we? :blink:

Misunderstanding here I think. :unsure:

I meant he did bugger all in the World Cup at Coventry. :wink:

Oh yes he can he's part of IMG/BSI who are ultimately responsible ................... can't IMG/BSI sort the schedules with SKY if they feel the tracks need more attention during the meetings?

Not strictly true Trees. OO is part of the FIM, and although he has a close relationship with them, I believe he is not part og IMG

As for the Prague track, I have been there numerous times for various meetings and I have never seen it anything other than Slick, be they SGP, League or Individual. I really don't believe that it would be any surprise to any of the riders that it was slick last night

I don't think Nicholls should even be considered for Team GB. he turned his back on the EL, we should not give him the opportunity of representing his country if he can't be arsed to ride over here.

Rather use Bridger, Tai, Eddie, Harris, Richardson. At least they race in this country.

Completely agree with the exception of Richardson who has imo failed to impress in recent years.

agreed we were going right up to the last minute but the cost for 24 hours in prague made no sense id rather have 3 nights for cheaper in poland plus the racing was rubbish