British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
raymondbudd

2004 GP Wild Cards

As ever it will be interesting to see which way Benfield go with their selections.

In the 1st year of picking 6 seeds they looked to increase the number of Poles (Pepe, Seb and cegielski?) an extra Swede (Jonsson) and a Norwegian and Slovenian (Rune and Ferjan). This was at the expense of Screeny who had been injured most of the season.

Last year I think they plumped for the next 6 in the standings.

My guess would be Lukas, Lee, Max for definite with either Hampel or Bajerski (possibly both) and hopefully Loramski getting a spot in front of Hans Andersen.

Think Mark as a recent World Champ deserves a slot given that he has been injured most of this year, but am a bit worried that they may not see fit to seed 2 Brits.

I want Billy J to get a wild card!

They need to have a yank in the GP to balance it out!

Sorry "Oh no etc" be really surprised if John Poshbloke lets an American in after pulling out the World Cup.

Mark Loram and Lee Richardson are my hopes for the Wild Cards

Cant see any new guys getting in to be honest - Peter Karlsson will be the loser out of the usual 2003 GP guys.

It will Be

Lee Richardson

Lukas Dryml

Hans Andersen

Mark Loram

Michael Max

Thomas Bajerski

If any are in danger then it is Max and Loram - I think these six and the 6 qualifiers will be in dire trouble if they dont qualify next year.

Perhaps it would be a better idea to have 4 qualifiers for a 4 round mini grand prix with the top 6 qualifying - I dont see the point of a sudden death final choosing qualifiers for a multi round final

:D the wild cards must be:

L. Dryml average for 5 GP 11.6 point

H. Andersen average for 6 GP 6.85 point

L. Richardson average for 7 GP 6.42 point

M. Max average for for 9 GP 5.77

T. Bajerski average for 9 GP 5.66 point

M. Loram average for 6 GP 5.33 point

if Cegielski will be fit his average is 7.5 for 2 GP, he must in instead of Loram.

Thats just my opinion

the wild cards must be:

L. Dryml average for 5 GP 11.6 point

H. Andersen average for 6 GP 6.85 point

L. Richardson average for 7 GP 6.42 point

M. Max average for for 9 GP 5.77

T. Bajerski average for 9 GP 5.66 point

M. Loram average for 6 GP 5.33 point

if Cegielski will be fit his average is 7.5 for 2 GP, he must in instead of Loram.

I think you are spot on and I really feel for the guy who has to make the decision as, how do you get rid of the most exciting rider in top class speedway (Loram) because he had an injury plagued season. I can't see Cegielski making it in time though - it all depends how honest he is about it and how soon for Loram

I think if Cegielski were to be fit (big if) he would take the place of Bajerski who faded quite badly towards the end of the season. In fact I would favour Hampel to be picked before him in any case. Hope Mark gets chosen but I do have a nagging feeling that they may only pick one Brit...

Guest Bigs

I don't think Loram will get a wild card. He hasn't really done much this year. A shame really as I like him but hey, that's the way it goes.

I reckon Lukas Dryml should get a wild card. If it hadn't been for his crash(es) he would have been in the top 10.

I can't remember if Scott Nicholls made it into top 10 but if he didn't he would be a good bet too.

whoever said shultz must be on drugs?!!!..fgs you'll be suggesting egon mullers kid next!!!

This forum seems to be full of intelligent posts like these nowadays :roll:

The reason I put Matze Schultz into the equation was for the same reason Ferjan got in a few years back.

I might be wrong Tom, but i think Matej got in the Gp's originally on merit, by winning the Continental Final. Though after a reasonable first year he had to rely on a sympathetic seeding to see him in for a second year(which was very poor).

Can see your logic behind picking Schultze, but it really would not be fair on the fella or one of the top riders who would have to miss out.

I might be wrong Tom, but i think Matej got in the Gp's originally on merit, by winning the Continental Final. Though after a reasonable first year he had to rely on a sympathetic seeding to see him in for a second year(which was very poor).

Can see your logic behind picking Schultze, but it really would not be fair on the fella or one of the top riders who would have to miss out.

I never said it would have been fair on the other guys or that shultz should get one. Yes Matej won the continental final the first year but imo there were better riders to be seeded the year after (notably Joe Screen)

Sure Tom, I'm not saying you're wrong that Ferjan was given a seeding in his 2nd year over riders who merited it more. I just thought I would point out that he originally got in on merit.

Personally i don't agree that a rider should get in because his own country is staging a GP, the quality of riders should be more important than their money generating possibilities.

I think they'll go for young riders with lots to prove, loads of money behind them and those who don't complain about anything.

I can't remember if Scott Nicholls made it into top 10 but if he didn't he would be a good bet too.

Scott Nicholls Lucky 7 next year!

With Scott being the only Brit in the top 10 surely 1 if not 2 more Brits have to go back in the gp's! That will mean Lee and Mark!

I would like to see Jarek Hampel given a chance,im sure he can do well in them ;)

Lukas Dryml will go back in i would think after the start he made in the championship he could well have been world champ!

Then i think maybe Max and Hans Andersen will make the 6 riders to go back in!