British Speedway Forum
Phil

Ozchem Classic On Sunday, March 15

thank you!

From http://www.speedwayupdates.co.uk

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGOD¥ ADMINISTRATORA

Please remember that these updates cost the texter and updater money, please don't ruin it for others by posting the score up before the updater has had a chance to update this screen

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: Squall

Updater: Youngy

Sheffield Legends = 35

1. Steve Johnston - EF 2 2 1 = 5

2. Ricky Ashworth - x 1' 1' 1' = 3+3

3. Carl Stonehewer - 1 1' 0 1 = 3+1

4. Andre Compton - 0 0 0 = 0

5. Rory Schlein - 2 2 3 3 = 10

6. Tai Woffinden - 2 3 3 2 0 = 10

7. Josh Auty - 1 2 1 = 4

Rest Of The World = 43

1. Greg Hancock - 3 3 3 2 = 11

2. Travis McGowan - 1 1 3 2' = 7+1

3. Seb Ulamek - 2 3 1' 2' = 8+2

4. Karol Zabik - 1 0 EF 0 = 1

5. Jason Crump - 3 3 3 3 = 12 (Maximum)

6. William Lawson - 2 0 2 = 4

7. Ricky Wells - 0 0 0 = 0

Heat Results

Heat 01: Hancock, Woffinden, McGowan, Johnston (EF). 2-4 62.0

Comments: Ashworth touched the tapes and is replaced by Woffinden. In the re-run Johno has EF on last bend last lap whilst third.

Sponsored by Clean Cut Sports @ www.cleancutsports.com

Heat 02: Woffinden, Lawson, Auty, Wells. (4-2) 6-6 61.1

Comments: Auty all over Lawson but too early to be out on the fence. Wells will struggle big time in the Elite League.

Sponsored by Steve Dixon www.stevedixonphotography.co.uk

Heat 03: Crump, Schlein, Zabik, Compton. (2-4) 08-10 62.2

Comments: Race of the season already. Crump all over Compton, finally dives under him on bend 3 of lap 2. Schlein went round Zabik on the same bend. Compton then suffered a puncture and dropped back.

Sponsored by Boxer123 Stamps bought & sold. Pm me here or via the Witches forum

Heat 04: Woffinden, Ulamek, Stonehewer, Wells. (4-2) 12-12 62.4

Comments: From the gate.

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Heat 05: Hancock, Schlein, McGowan, Compton. (2-4) 14-16 62.4

Comments: Schlein went under McGowan on bend 4 of lap 2.

Sponsored by Splod

Heat 06: Ulamek, Johnston, Ashworth, Lawson. (3-3) 17-19 62.9

Sponsored by http://www.SpeedwayInfo.co.uk - speedway information for all UK leagues plus Grand Prix & World Cup stats

Heat 07: Crump, Woffinden, Stonehewer, Wells. (3-3) 20-22 62.0

Sponsored by Merlin

Heat 08: McGowan, Auty, Ashworth, Zabik. (3-3) 23-25 63.5

Comments: Auty almost snatched the win on the line.

Sponsored by Speedway Souvenirs available at www.enjaydesigns.net

Heat 09: Schlein, Lawson, Ulamek, Compton. (3-3) 26-28 63.2

Comments: Schlein went round Lawson on bend 4 of lap 1. Compton went round Ulamek on the same bend only for Ulamek to go back round him on bend 2 of lap 3. Squall says he's in shock at that.

Sponsored by inthedirt clothing - Speedway inspired attire - Website - Ebay - Sale now on!

Heat 10: Crump, Johnston, Ashwort, Zabik (EF). (3-3) 29-31 63.2

Comments: Zabik had EF on bend 2 of lap 1.

Sponsored by KanDysoft Speedway spreadsheets www.kandysoft.com

Heat 11: Hancock, McGowan, Auty, Stonehewer. (1-5) 30-36 64.1

Comments: Auty all over the pair of them but no way past.

Sponsored by

Heat 12: Crump, Ulamek, Johnston, Woffinden. (1-5) 31-41 63.5

Comments: Woffinden replaces Compton. Race won from the gate.

Sponsored by http://www.cablestar.co.uk - computer cables & accessories. Save 10% using promo code SPEEDWAY

Heat 13: Schlein, Hancock, Stonehewer, Zabik. (4-2) 35-43 63.1

Comments: Definitely race of the season this one and will take some beating. Schlein and Hancock passed and re-passed on every bend. It gave Squall memories of Sean Wilson Vs Bjarne Pedersen. Quality race.

Sponsored by Art and Stitch for all your sewing and art supplies – www.artandstitch.co.uk

Second Half - Rider Of The Night

WINNER: Jason Crump

2ND: Tai Woffinden

3RD: Greg Hancock

Heat 1: Hancock, Stonehewer, Lawson, Ashworth (Fell). 64.0

Line Up: Ashworth Stonehewer Lawson Hancock

Comments: Lawson went under Ashworth on bend 4 lap 2 who then fell on bend 3 lap 3.

Sponsored by http://www.ebuyitnow.co.uk/ 10% discount coupon code SPEEDWAY

Heat 2: Crump, Johnston, Ulamek, Wells. 63.8

Line Up: Johnston Wells Ulamek Crump

Comments: Wells comes in for Zabik. Ulamek and Wells had a good race passing each other a few times.

Sponsored by www.msj.edu.pl www.msjspeedway.com

Heat 3: Woffinden, Schlein, Compton, Mcgowan. 64.0

Line Up: Woffinden McGowan Compton Schlein

Comments: Ace. All 4 passed and re-passed each other early on in the race. Schlein goes through to the final as the fastest second placed rider.

Rider Of The Night Final: Crump, Woffinden, Hancock, Schlein. 63.5

Line Up: Crump Schlein Hancock Woffinden

Comments: A1 race. Woffinden rounded all 3 of them on first and second bends. Crump then went under him on bend 3. Tai cut across Crump on bend 1 of lap 2 to retake the lead, Crump then moved out and flew round him on bend 2 to repass him. Fantastic Race.

Comments:

Teams confirmed. Stadium packed. Longest parade in history.

© 2005-2009 All meetings are copyrighted to Speedway Updates, permission must be sought and we must be fully credited before they are used elsewhere.

First thoughts on tonight -

1. Great turnout for Darren Sharon and Jack

2. Pretty poor meeting, fast riding, not much passing

3. Entertainer of the night (heats 1-13) Josh Auty

4. Lighting at Owlerton very poor

5. Match over in less than 70mins - not good value on a regular basis

6. Programme error heats 7/8 - as 3657 and 2724, should be 3637 and 2727

The lighting is fine its the tannoy at sheffield thats awful I can't tell a word thats said.

Just got back in from this meeting, and really enjoyed it, the track was rather slick, but the riders still served up some decent races. To answer Midland Red question that the meeting was over in 70 minutes, this was to give Sheffield riders valuable track time as the Press and Practice Day was cancelled, and the Sheffield stadium has a 10pm curfew. Not sure where he or she was stood, but I have never had a problem with the lighting, and yes there was an error in the programme.

Here is how I saw the riders performances;

Sheffield Legends

(1) Steve Johnston; Did enough tonight to show that he will be a class act in the Premier League, those who think he will struggle to average around over 9 think again.

(2) Ricky Ashworth; Showed signs of rustiness, and breaking the tapes and getting excluded in heat 1 did not help.

(3) Carl Stonehewer; Not vintage Stoney.

(4) Andre Compton; When was the last time Andre failed to score a point at Sheffield, had a puncture in his opening ride, but appeared to be going backwards all night.

(5) Rory Schlein; Wow, one of the stars of the show, and if he can maintain that kind of form he could be leading the Coventry averages and challenging for a Grand Prix spot next season

(6) Tai Woffenden; I keep saying this, but Team GB has a star in the making with Tai, okay he is not the finished article, but if we are to be successful as a speedway nation we have to start looking at building a team around Tai.

(7) Josh Auty; Rode very well, and if he can keep this kind of form up then we could be looking at someone who can make an significant improvement on his average.

World Stars

(1) Greg Hancock; Showed the form of a top Grand Prix rider, and apart from Rory Schlein lowering his colours his performances was faultless.

(2) Travis McGowan; Looks like he has put last seasons nightmare behind him, which can only be good news for Swindon.

(3) Sebastian Ulamek; On this performance I think that some Elite clubs might be giving him a call, looked very fast.

(4) Karol Zabik; I was a bit disappointed with his performance after the last time he was at Sheffield.

(5) Jason Crump; Beware Nicki, Jason looks as though he is up for the challenge, unbeaten all night and looked really good.

(6) William Lawson; On his past performances at Sheffield young William rode well, I really think that Berwick could have found a capable replacement for Adrian Rymel.

(7) Ricky Wells; Looked a little of the pace, but to be fair the lad has been riding in the States and has probably never seen anything like Sheffield before. I do worry though that the Elite League might be a step to far for him, a season or two in the Premier would have done him better.

Once again Thank you to all the riders for their efforts tonight, and roll on next Sunday when the Scunthorpe Scorpions are in town.

i thought the racing was great!

the best 4 riders would have been crumpy, hancock, tai and rory schlein.

josh auty looks decent enough, and should do pretty well for us at home.

it was nice to see all the tigers out on the track after for abit of practice.

so roll on friday :rolleyes:

Great meeting and a nice way to start the season! i must start by saying that sheffield look to have a cracking rider in Josh Auty the lad was excellent certainly up that average.

I felt abit sorry for Andre Compton he looked in the mix in most of his races but couldnt get in the points ( it was strange cheering for him at sheffield :lol: )

Tai woffinden -Again the pressure and build up the lad gets just does not affect him in anyway like it would others, one of the best riders on show that 1st bend in the final with Crump was something else :shock: !!! He will set the Elite league alight.

I think Spin King is right in saying althougt Ricky wells might be one for the future a year or two in the premier league would do him no harm at all.

Took abit of getting used to seeing Stoney in his new colours but he didnt look to bad from the gate in his races just lacked abit of speed but im sure he will do well this year.

Happy to have seen Speedway and as usual Sheffield was a great place to visit with top facilities just glad there was no injuries. very sad to hear about the bad ones sustained at Newport hope they werent as bad as first thought.

See you in the league Sheffield :wink:

Edited by Stoney=Legend

What a great meeting, the track could have been more grippy but will let them off this time.

The meeting format was great which was followed by the rider of the night, lets have that stuff every week ! much better than the 15 heat format !

Sheffield Legends

1) Steve Johnston - rode very well and showed he will be a big threat in the premier league this season.

2) Ricky Ashworth - tough first meeting to come back from injury but no doubt will be back to his high scoring self next week.

3) Carl Stonehewer - was on the pace but did not look like he used to, maybe his last season this year.

4) Andre Compton - unusual performance and did seem to be going backwards a lot but think this will be just a one off.

5) Rory Schlein - brilliant performance and will be one of the top boys in Elite League this season.

6) Tai Woffinden - Fantastic performance and his ride round the boards in the rider of the night final was superb, i honestly thought he was going to end up in fence but there was just enough room for him to blast round, sensational stuff.

7) Josh Auty - Back home and back to doing what he does best, really fast and will up his average big time !

World Stars

1) Greg Hancock - superb as always !

2) Travis McGowan - suprised me really and had a good meeting, was always in the mix !

3) Sebastien Ulamek - really loved the Owlerton track it and perfect for him to prepare for the grand prix series !

4) Karol Zabik - was expecting a great meeting from him but it just did not happen and was disapointed overall with him.

5) Jason Crump - sensational all the way and what a great man by giving his trophy to young jack, a true gent and hope he goes on to win the World Title this year.

6) William Lawson - went really well and like Travis was always involved !

7) Ricky Wells - now i know he scored 0 and people have said he was never on the pace but look at the riders he was against and he was always very close to them, if Coventry give him time to get settled i am positive he will average around 4 or 5 which would be a great debut season for him in Elite League, he has the bikes and ability !

Overall i cant thank the 14 riders for turning up and not just going through the motions, they gave us good racing and all had fun for their good friends Darren and Sharon Boocock.

Very enjoyable meeting to start the year.

Not been to Owlerton before but will go again at some point. Could have done with a bit more passing (as always!) but I thought the riders all rode with great spirit - Darren + Sharon would have been proud.

Nice touch to allow Ricky Wells to have some extra practice after the meeting along with the Sheffield boys. He may not have scored any points but I dont think he will take too long to get going. I'm not sure I'd want my first U.K meeting to be at possibly the fastest track in the U.K!

Very enjoyable meeting to start the year.

Not been to Owlerton before but will go again at some point. Could have done with a bit more passing (as always!) but I thought the riders all rode with great spirit - Darren + Sharon would have been proud.

Nice touch to allow Ricky Wells to have some extra practice after the meeting along with the Sheffield boys. He may not have scored any points but I dont think he will take too long to get going. I'm not sure I'd want my first U.K meeting to be at possibly the fastest track in the U.K!

I think Ricky Wells will done fine and if you dont want him at Cov send him to us at Sheffield for a season or two because he was never far off the pace on a track he's probably never seen the likes of before. He had a tidy riding style and i notice he was talking to Greg Hancock all night. Obviously keen to listen and learn off the best ! His bike looked great too, everything in black, it looked like the Batmobile !!!

I think a year in the PL before stepping into the elite wouldnt harm him also build up his confidence, but we shall see. good luck to the lad anyway.

Hands off, he's ours!!!!! (despite what my fellow Bees fans say!)

Agree he wasnt too far off all night. Greg has been encouraging him for some time now and its interesting to note that Ricky is being helped by Billy Hammill's old crew. As Ive said in other posts, he is very determined, has good support and as you said, the bikes are something else!!!

Thoroughly enjoyable meeting.

Each rider can be proud of the feast they served up for Darren, Sharon & of course Jack.

An excellent turn out too.

.......and to the lady who was trying to pinch my Rooboy cap, hands off. :wink::lol:

Edited by colincooke

I enjoyed this meeting very much, was well worth the money, and Crump was a class act what more can you say about the man. Also thought Auty was good.