British Speedway Forum

Is anyone else ticked off by the time it is taking for the tickets to be sent out?

I booked our tickets at the beginning of July and the money was taken off my card in July. I now find out that the tickets are not being sent out until June. That means that someone has had my money for nearly a year!

I thought Ticketmaster was bad, taking 3 months to send out concert tickets but this is beyond all........

Or maybe I'm just stupid booking them that early! :angry:

Is anyone else ticked off by the time it is taking for the tickets to be sent out?

I booked our tickets at the beginning of July and the money was taken off my card in July. I now find out that the tickets are not being sent out until June. That means that someone has had my money for nearly a year!

I thought Ticketmaster was bad, taking 3 months to send out concert tickets but this is beyond all........

No comment :D

Seriously though, it never sells out so I can never understand why people book their tickets so early? Why line someone elses pockets 11 months in advance when the money could be in your account earning interest.. allbeit only a small amount ;)

They release them late to avoid them getting lost in the post and then sold on the black market. Avoids duplicates being produced as well.

No. :lol: Start worrying if they've not arrived by June 26th. :P

As Hazzman has already said they are never sent out until nearer the time.

Seriously though, it never sells out so I can never understand why people book their tickets so early?

Depends where you want to sit. Try getting a seat in the middle tier of the 1st/2nd bend later on.

As for the interest on the money it's hardly worth bothering about with the small amount involved and if it helps IMG (or whoever it is these days) keep the G.P. at Cardiff then I don't mind.

Guest sjl

Gemimi -- do you make a ''weekend'' of the grand prix or go for the day? (just being nosey!!)

As gemini said it depends on where you want to sit. I've always sat on the bottom tier at the strating gate just under the Methanol Club (I think). Great view and brilliant atmosphere.

I've just had an email from seetickets saying that the start time has been changed from 7pm to 5 pm. Confirmed on speedway.tv.

Anyone have an idea why? Sky schedules Ill bet

As gemini said it depends on where you want to sit. I've always sat on the bottom tier at the strating gate just under the Methanol Club (I think). Great view and brilliant atmosphere.

I've just had an email from seetickets saying that the start time has been changed from 7pm to 5 pm. Confirmed on speedway.tv.

more drinking time after :lol::approve:

Gemimi -- do you make a ''weekend'' of the grand prix or go for the day? (just being nosey!!)

You can be nosey Sue. :)

We always used to stay over Friday and Saturday nights in a nice hotel on Cathedral Road - even the dog came. :lol: However in 2006 we had Molly as well so obviously couldn't push our luck with the owners by leaving 2 dogs in our room whilst at the G.P., so Molly was put in kennels in Cardiff for the weekend.

Then I retired and we had to cut down on expenses so we started to go on one of the coaches from Coventry (there and back in one day) and our daughter takes care of the dogs for us. That's what we will be doing again this year and I'm really pleased the start time has been put forward to 5pm because we should get home at a more reasonable time.

A lot of the hotels in the area are trying to cash in by hiking up room prices. This could have put off a lot of people from attending so the SGP organisers have brought the start time forward so people can travel home the same night.

What difference does it make that the tickets havent arrived, they still have your money whether you have a bit of paper or not.

If you dont like it buy on the day as there will be plenty, if you dont want to do that then you will have to give them the money for a while.

Why get ticked off when you knew the rules? Couldnt possibly comment on your last line

Edited by BUDGIE

A lot of the hotels in the area are trying to cash in by hiking up room prices. This could have put off a lot of people from attending so the SGP organisers have brought the start time forward so people can travel home the same night.

After finding out my hotel last year had now doubled the room rate, for same length of time for this years GP, I thought sod that and wasnt gonna bother with Cardiff this year. Now the start time is earlier, I have more hope of getting the train back to Poole. And dont have to resort to sleeping in a tent.

PF- you mug :P Why buy your tickets so well in advance? Like others have said its never been a sell out, and now were in a recession there is even more chance of more seats being available. Last year I didnt book till 2 months before and got 2 seats perfectly inline with the start/finish on the back straight :approve: Plus you have to wait longer for them to arrive :P

After finding out my hotel last year had now doubled the room rate, for same length of time for this years GP, I thought sod that and wasnt gonna bother with Cardiff this year. Now the start time is earlier, I have more hope of getting the train back to Poole. And dont have to resort to sleeping in a tent.

PF- you mug :P Why buy your tickets so well in advance? Like others have said its never been a sell out, and now were in a recession there is even more chance of more seats being available. Last year I didnt book till 2 months before and got 2 seats perfectly inline with the start/finish on the back straight :approve: Plus you have to wait longer for them to arrive :P

can I take this opportunity to point out it was my mother who started this topic, I signed her in as me as i'd stood and watch her fail to sign in to her account and have a nightmare trying to use the forgotten password retrieval, and there was a topic in Years Gone By she had to reply to. She simply forgot to sign out of my account afterwards and thus posted this as me.

The reasons behind the early ticket purchase was mainly down to this year we'll be staying in the area for a few days now I can drive, so at the same time as looking around places to stay she bought the tickets too!

I think what my mother had more of an issue with was them taking the money for the tickets when she booked them, whereas when she buys tickets for concerts etc, they take the money much closer to the time when they're about to send the tickets out.

can I take this opportunity to point out it was my mother who started this topic, I signed her in and she posted this as me.

Isn't there a rule about that, panthersfan? :blink:

Up against the wall, ************, any last requests? :lol:B)

yep cause of yield management which wa covered in my exams this year and last year at uni.

i think i may open a hotel in cardiff when i am finished and drag prices down by keeping at a reasonable price and well i will fill up still

premier inn have actually changed there policy regarding pricing between me finishing my travel and tourism a level and starting tourism management at uni which was a years gap and i was very shocked when i started to work for them when i found out that they actually now have events pricing in regards to how popular the event is.

2 year ago i had the cheapest hotel room ever cause i had been on guest recogmendations as being rememberable and i had the hotels 2 nights worth of vouchers all but £29 and i got staff discount on the room so i had to pay about £12 for 2 nights and breakfast included. it was great and then bomber and greg won me a fortune so i was happy as a pig in poo

i think i may open a hotel in cardiff when i am finished and drag prices down by keeping at a reasonable price and well i will fill up still

Interesting business plan....Have low prices when demand is high.

Will you raise prices when demand is low to compensate for the lost revenue opportunity? :rolleyes: