British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pirio Barre

Alan Hunt Trophy, Perry Barr 18-03-09

Now getting to desperation stakes......still looking for a texter, anyone?

Still looking for a texter, unfortunately I now have to go out and will be gone until almost meeting start time so if anyone can help, could they please send a message to Shadders who is the updater for the meeting.

Thanks

My prediction...

Howe

Piszcz

Lyons

Ulamek

Seb to blow the start when it matters most having gone through the card until then.

It's Brum so I'm guessing no final. But ever so, that means Seb won't win it as he'll throw in a bad start at some point and struggle.

Yeah, but as said the chances are these four could face each other in the last heat. Any which way I think Seb will fluff his last ride, whenever it happens to be.

I dont think I have actually made a prediction for this meeting so I will go with:

1. Parker

2. Howe

3. Ullamek

4. Lyons

You wouldnt think its the middle of march looking out of the window, it feels like mid august outside. Cant wait for tonight.

Managed to nick some time on my parents laptop.....last ditch attempt to find a texter for this meeting, anyone?

If you have my mobile number, please send me a text, if not, can you please send a private message to Shadders.

Thanks

Updates available HERE

Perm any three from Lyons, Barker, Ulamek and Piszcz

Courtesy of Speedway Updates

Winner-Seb Ulamek...Second-Shane Parker...Third-Jason Lyons

Start time 7.30pm

Texter: Stevebrum

Updater: Shadders ;)

Line Up

1. Ludvig Lindgren...2, 0, 3, 0, 1 = 6

2. Josef Franc...F, 2, 0, 3, 3 = 8

3. Tomasz Piszcz...3, 0, 2, 2, 1 = 8

4. Andre Compton...1, 3, 3, 2, 0 = 9

5. Jason Lyons...3, 3, 3, 1, 2 = 12

6. Ben Taylor...1, 0, 0, 0, 0 = 1

7. Phil Morris...2, 1, 1, 1, 2 = 7

8. Marek Mroz...R, 1, R, 1, 0 = 2

9. Richard Sweetman...0, 2, 1, 1, 1 = 5

10. James Wright...2, 3, 0, 3, 2 = 10

11. David Howe...1, 2, 2, 2, 1 = 8

12. Claus Vissing...3, 0, 2, 2, 2 = 9

13. Ben Barker...0, 1, 2, 0, 3 = 6

14. Sebastian Ulamek...3, 1, 3, 3, 3 = 13

15. Shane Parker...2, 3, 1, 3, 3 = 12

16. Robert Ksiezak...1, 2, 1, R, 0 = 4

Res. Lee Smart

Res. Luke Priest

Heat 01: Piszcz, Lindgren, Compton, Franc. (Awarded, no time)

From the gate.....Franc fell bend 1 lap 3 when well adrift

Sponsored by Clean Cut Sports @ www.cleancutsports.com

Heat 02: Lyons, Morris, Taylor, Mroz (ret)...59.4

From the gate....Mroz pulled up last lap when well adrift

Sponsored by Steve Dixon www.stevedixonphotography.co.uk

Heat 03: Vissing, Wright, Howe, Sweetman...59.5

Close between the first three...no passing yet!

Sponsored by Boxer123 Stamps bought & sold. Pm me here or via the Witches forum

Heat 04: Ulamek, Parker, Ksiezak, Barker (fell, rem)...59.7

Barker fell on the 1st bend. He seemed to think it might be stopped and re run...Another race from the gate....Ulamek is a class above.

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Heat 05: Lyons, Sweetman, Barker, Lindgren...58.7

At last a pass!!!!....Sweetman passed Barker bend 2 lap 2.

Sponsored by Splod

Heat 06: Wright, Franc, Ulamek, Taylor...59.7

Wright took the lead bend 4 lap 1.

Sponsored by http://www.SpeedwayInfo.co.uk - speedway information for all UK leagues plus Grand Prix & World Cup stats

Heat 07: Parker, Howe, Morris, Piszcz (fell, rem)...59.6

Piszcz fell on tight first bend with Howe.....Howe passed Morris back straight lap 2

Sponsored by Merlin

Heat 08: Compton, Ksiezak, Mroz, Vissing (fell, rem)...61.5

Vissing lead until he fell bend 1 lap 2...Compton passed Ksiezak bend 2 lap 3

Sponsored by The Media Gecko @ www.themediagecko.co.uk

Heat 09: Lindgren, Howe, Ksiezak, Taylor...61.0

Shocking gate from Howe...He passed Taylor bend 2 lap 2, then passed Ksiezak back straight lap 3 and nearly stole the win on the line

Sponsored by inthedirt.co.uk - speedway inspired clothing and merchandise - 10% off for speedway updates! (coupon code- 7be8bd6480)

Heat 10: Lyons, Vissing, Parker, Franc...59.5

From the gate

Sponsored by The Media Gecko @ www.themediagecko.co.uk

Heat 11: Ulamek, Piszcz, Sweetman, Mroz (ret)...60.9

Piszcz challenged on the 1st lap...Mroz gave up on the last lap.

Sponsored by "Think you know your speedway? Play against the best at www.fantasysportsfactory.co.uk

Heat 12: Compton, Barker, Morris, Wright...61.0

A decent heat...Good opening lap with Barker sweeping wide into second place on bend 4 lap 1 and was gaining with every bend. Tight finish on the line.

Sponsored by http://www.cablestar.co.uk - computer cables & accessories. Save 10% using promo code SPEEDWAY

Heat 13: Ulamek, Vissing, Morris, Lindgren...61.1

Tight opening bend...Lingren went too wide and was out of contention...Vissing swept past Morris bend 3 lap 1.

Sponsored by Art and Stitch for all your sewing and art supplies – www.artandstitch.co.uk

Heat 14: Franc, Howe, Mroz, Barker (fell, rem)

Barker fell bend 2 lap 2 while leading

Sponsored by

Heat 15: Wright, Piszcz, Lyons, Ksiezak (ret)...60.9

Ksiezak's bike packed up back straight lap 1.

Sponsored by www.msj.edu.pl www.msjspeedway.com

Heat 16: Parker, Compton, Sweetman, Taylor...61.3

From the gate...

********************INTERVAL********************

Heat 17: Parker, Wright, Lindgren, Mroz...60.4

From the gate

Heat 18: Re run Franc, Morris, Sweetman, Ksiezak...61.3

Morris and Ksiezak fell 1st bend...May have had contact with Franc...All4back.....Morris pushed all the way in the re run

Heat 19:Barker, Vissing, Piszcz, Taylor...61.0

Vissing pushed all the way

Heat 20:Ulamek, Lyons, Howe, Compton...61.3

Lyons pushed hard without threatening....Ulamek wins the meeting

Second Place Run Off: Parker, Lyons

Parker gates, but Lyons sweeps under bend 2...Parker passes back 4th bend and pulls away

Additional Comments:

Line up confirmed.

© 2005-2009 All meetings are copyrighted to Speedway Updates, permission must be sought and we must be fully credited before they are used elsewhere.

Well done Andre all good practise for the Comets looks like it was a real hard meeting i hought Howe would have got a couple of wins mind you? As i say its all good for getting back into the swing of things!!

A decent opening meeting tonight, plenty of heats from the gate but there were some excellent heats. Heat 9 was a very good one, Howe making an absolute mare of a gate, even outgated by Ben Taylor. He then chased down Taylor passed him then Ksiezak and only just missed out to Lindgren on the line.

Heat 12 was another decent one, Compton made a cracking gate but he was chased down Barker. Barker was very erratic tonight but in that heat he gave Compton a real run for his money but Compton held on.

I thought Heat 20 was the pick, Ullamek was away after the first bend, Lyons and Howe were wheel to first lap. Lyons pulled away from Howe but Ullamek was some way clear. Lyons then proceed to chase down Ullamek getting closer and closer but Ullamek held on just. One more lap and I think he would have caught him.

Theres no doubt Ullamek deserved to win the tonight, showed his class. Parker as ever did extremley well at Perry Barr, I wish he wasnt retiring at the end of the season. Compton I thought was Brilliant, Gating was good and theres no doubt he will do a very good job at Workington. Howe was a bit disapointing, looked fast in some heats but was inconsistant with his gating. James Wright was very good, on the pace all night always seems to do well at Perry Barr. Franc got better in his last two rides not great early on.

As for the brummies, Lyons was excellent gave it his all in heat 20 to chase down Ullamek . Piszcz looked good pity he fell in heat 7 as he would have gone round the lot of them, think he will average 9 in the PL this season. Lindgren for me showed glimpses of his talent, gating was fine even in his fourth ride when he came last. He just went too ride on turn 2 and lost position. He looked slow in some rides, espcially last one. Sweetman and Ksiezak were hit and miss, Ksiezak had mechanical problems in last two hopefully they will get better. Didnt expect too much from Ben Taylor and Mroz in this meeting.

Not a great meeting, but they never seem to be this early in the year still good to have the smell of methanol in my nostrils again, best heat was when Howe missed the gate and Barker chasing Compton. Both Howe & Barker appeared to be testing equipment all night, expected more from both. Other than that Vissing impressed me, he's come on leaps & bounds since he was at Stoke.

Ulamek was utterly clueless the once when Franc out gated him, but every other race he was well clear as he hit the first turn.

And whats with this new 7:30 start, I missed the first heat (it was 7:45 start time all last season).

Edited by Col

For the most part that was boooooooooring. There seemed to be something not quite right with the track. It looked fine so I certainly wouldn't point the finger and say there was a big cock-up by the track staff. But in many heats the riders were well spaced out with no line working when they were chasing. Even Lyons was tailed off in heat 15 and was just losing ground rather than coming through from the back as usual. The race times were way off the track record too. The track record is 56.60 but the fastest time of the night was 58.70, but 10 heats were 61 seconds and over. Not every meeting will see very fast times but something isn't quite right when the times are consistantly 3-5 seconds off and the heat winner is generally well clear.

There was some action though. Compton put a good move on Ksiezak, Howe (as mentioned) rode the race of the night to come from nowhere to pass Taylor and Ksiezak before closing in on Lindgren to miss out by about half a bike length, Wright passed somebody but can't remember who and Barker swept around Morris (if memory serves). It was a wierd night for Barker. Rather eratic. Started off slow and fell in his first, quicker by his thrid ride and grabbed a good second, then fell while leading and looking much faster (picked up too much drive and did well to achieve a controlled and harmless fall) and finally finished off with a win (had to get around Vissing on the first lap to truly taste fresh air). The night was rounded off with a superb opening lap by Parker in the run-off. He went very wide on turn one after making a clean start. That allowed Lyons to creep around the curb and pass him on the back straight. Into the third turn and Lyons had it by a wheel, but Parker headed for the fence again and held a superb line around the outside to pass and pull well clear of Lyons. He stayed out wide on the fast line and after a lap it looked as though Lyons realised there was no point and just finished the race.

Oh, and an interval after heat 16. Who's bright idea was that? :blink: