British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
f-s-p

Finnish News

Who cares about his score, you should have seen how he rode! :shock::approve:

Good was he?

Did he gate or do most of his scoring by passing?

Is Pori a big track?

Kylmäkorpi was in Germany. Riding in a longtrack meeting. What I read from another forum. Track was terrible and his earlier damaged hand could not take it. So he was just 14th.

But why would he rather ride in a long-track meeting (I think it was actually a grass track) instead of in his country's national speedway championship final?

Does anyone know how often Kylmäkorpi has contested the Finnish National Championship in the past? Did he ever win the Finnish title?

But why would he rather ride in a long-track meeting (I think it was actually a grass track) instead of in his country's national speedway championship final?

Does anyone know how often Kylmäkorpi has contested the Finnish National Championship in the past? Did he ever win the Finnish title?

According to my stats he's been in it in 2002 and 2003. Never won it though, those were the years when Laukkanen was on top of his game.

Money would be a safe bet as to why not ride in the Finnish final. The actual difference between a weekend in Germany and a trip to Finland for the final just for saturday while taking along his bikes (I'd guess) would be thousands of Euros in favour of a weekend in Germany. Also probably early in the season he was hoping he'd be riding for Indianerna on the tuesday before the Finnish final + Lakeside commitments during the week and then Poland on the sunday after the Finnish final, back to Lakeside and then again Sweden on tuesday.

It was a very good meeting on saturday and with his current form he would not have won it.

Edited by f-s-p

About Autio's "no-xray" thing. That is simply unbelievable! Because what I have heard and seen the pics. It was "High energy crash". And there should be atleast neck x-ray and usualy chest too. But trauma-CT would be the best. It will cause more radiation but you find everything from those pics. Il bet that there has been "arvauskeskus(guess center, name for finnish health center)" doctor doing summertime job in that local hospital. What I have learned this summer is that if you have a good doctor in private sector you should use him/her.

Pictures from the 55th staging of the Finnish Individual Speedway Championship Final Pori, Finland August 1st 2009

By speedwaysuomi.com here

By Speedwaysanomat here

Nordic longtrack final today at Forssa. 1st heat at 3 PM Finnish time. Kylmäkorpi, Laukkanen, Mustonen, Lehtinen, Rökeberg, Gerdemann and Nynke de Jong are there. Results here tomorrow morning if I get them, I'm taking the weekend off and not going. B)

slav2, PM me your email, I'll put you on the list and send some earlier one's too from this season.

Nordic final at Forssa. this is all I have at the moment. Kylmäkorpi blew an engine as the tapes went up for the final heat.

1) Kaj Laukkanen, 2) Pasi Pulliainen, 3) Appe Mustonen, 4) Rene Lehtinen, 5) Petri Kärki, 6) Joonas Kylmäkorpi R

Edited by f-s-p

Longtrack Nordic final Forssa, August 8th 2009

Laukkanen was good and Kylmäkorpi on barrowed equipment. Great crowd of 1600!! :shock::approve: Thats about it...

Joonas Kylmäkorpi FMS 5555 20

Pasi Pulliainen VRT 5454 18

Klaus-Peter Gerdeman DE 2555 17

Ari-Pekka Mustonen VRT 4444 16

Rene Lehtinen SeMK 4244 14

Kaj Laukkanen SeMK 5R35 13

Petri Kärki FMS 4413 12

Joel Nyström SE 3342 12

Nynke de Jong NL 3511 10

Tommi Ahlgren FMS 1332 9

Kim Rudi Mortensen NO 1323 9

Jan-Eric Korkeamäki KauhjMK 3121 7

Marius Rokeberg NO 1222 7

Simo Pulli KarMK F033 6

Arne Andersen DK 2200 4

Markus Helin FMS 21RR 3

Markku Weckman SsMK 0R11 2

Larsen Steen DK 0M00 0

Erä erältä:

6. Pulliainen, Mustonen, Nyström, Helin, Mortensen, Steen 89,07

7. Laukkanen, Kärki, Korkeamäki, Andersen, Ahlgren, Pulli F 89,08

8. Kylmäkorpi, Lehtinen, de Jong, Gerdemann, Rökeberg, Weckman 87,79

11. Gerdemann, Kärki, Mortensen, Weckman R, Steen M 90,50

12. de Jong, Mustonen, Nyström, Rökeberg, Korkeamäki, Pulli 88,10

13. Kylmäkorpi, Pulliainen, Ahlgren, Lehtinen, Helin, Laukkanen R 87,76

16. Kylmäkorpi, Mustonen, Laukkanen, Korkeamäki, Weckman, Steen 89,32

17. Gerdemann, Nyström, Ahlgren, Rökeberg, Kärki, Helin R 88,66

18. Pulliainen, Lehtinen, Pulli, Mortensen, de Jong, Andersen 87,50

22. Kylmäkorpi, Mustonen, Kärki, Ahlgren, de Jong, Andersen 88,55

23. Gerdemann, Pulliainen, Mortensen, Rökeberg, Weckman, Steen 88,33

24. Laukkanen, Lehtinen, Pulli, Nyström, Korkeamäki, Helin R 87,66

Nordic final: Laukkanen, Pulliainen, Mustonen, Lehtinen, Kärki, Kylmäkorpi R 88,57

Katsojia 1600!

A two days of intense gating practise starts any minute now at Pori for the Finnish federation U21 training group. That will be followed up by a long weekend in Sweden in a month, when 2-3 meetings are organised against Allsvenskan-level opponents.

A two days of intense gating practise starts any minute now at Pori for the Finnish federation U21 training group. That will be followed up by a long weekend in Sweden in a month, when 2-3 meetings are organised against Allsvenskan-level opponents.

Are You coming to Eskilstuna this year with Finnish U-21-side F-s-p?

Are You coming to Eskilstuna this year with Finnish U-21-side F-s-p?

Thats the plan, yes.

New dates for this tour are:

Friday September 4th: Eskilstuna

Saturday September 5th: Hallstavik

Sunday September 6th: Gävle, individual meeting

U21 Finland is supposed to ride against Allsvenskan level teams in the first two matches. The Gävle match was originally gonna be a farewell meeting for the track against Masarna.

Edited by f-s-p

Nothing going on in Finland this weekend.

Petri Kärki replaces Appe Mustonen in Hertingen for the EC quali on grasstrack or something in a week or so.

Double header of Extraliiga this weekend. Kuusankoski on saturday with 1st heat 2 PM and Seinäjoki on sunday with 3 PM first heat. No idea about the riders.