British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lake Bodom Comet

Ukraine Speedway League 2009

Has anyone any info on which teams/tracks will be taking part in the proposed new Ukrainian League?

Presumably teams from Rivne and Lviv will be racing but which are the other likely starters?? :unsure:

Many thanks! :lol:

According to sportowefakty.pl:

Shachtar Chervonograd

SPS Speedway Rivne

SKA Lviv

SK Trofimov Rivne

Kaskad Rivne

According to sportowefakty.pl:

Shachtar Chervonograd

SPS Speedway Rivne

SKA Lviv

SK Trofimov Rivne

Kaskad Rivne

Maybe you could confirm the info Vicar gave us regarding the team structure and the way the league is structured. Compiled info of the world leagues 2009 can be found here.

Edited by f-s-p

As I know that there will be the teams that you posted above. There will be two teams riding in match. In squads 4 riders + 2 on reserve (not obligatory). There can be two foreigners in match. There must be two U21 riders, one in normal squad, the 2nd on the reserve. Terminlists you can find HERE.

Maybe you could confirm the info Vicar gave us regarding the team structure and the way the league is structured. Compiled info of the world leagues 2009 can be found here.

The final rules haven't been set yet...in fact the list of clubs is still not definite, so everything can still change. There does seem to be a real appetite to make this work and expand it in future years, so hopefully things will work out well.

From the little bits that I have seen, it seems that the Ukrainian League will be allowing foreign riders to compete in the league, which is probably only realistic given the widely differing standard of Ukrainian riders, but hopefully none of the clubs will get silly early and cause the same problems that the Russian League has encountered over the last 4 or 5 years.

There will be kind of "salary limit" in Ukrainian league, so not to many foreign riders are interested in participating ...

There will be kind of "salary limit" in Ukrainian league, so not to many foreign riders are interested in participating ...

It's good to hear that they DO have this in their plans.

I kind of assumed that they would be planning this way for the time being, but I hadn't seen anything to confirm that.

I guess that they are probably going to be looking to some Russians and lower league Poles for the first season's foreign imports...and that's a very sensible way to go. As I suggested, it would be a shame if one club was able to sign some "big names" and ruin the future of the league.

Thanks to all for the updates! Lets hope the new league will be a success after the near collapse of the Russian League... :unsure: