British Speedway Forum

I note that the BSPA have announced the line ups for the two U21 Semi Finals, and the seeded riders for the final. In the second round, Gary Irving is shown in the line up yet on the 14th February, the BSPA on the same website, posted that Gary would not be riding this year because of his surgery.

LH/RH??

Rounds are at Plymouth on the 10th April and IOW on the 14th April for info.

I note that the BSPA have announced the line ups for the two U21 Semi Finals, and the seeded riders for the final. In the second round, Gary Irving is shown in the line up yet on the 14th February, the BSPA on the same website, posted that Gary would not be riding this year because of his surgery.

LH/RH??

Rounds are at Plymouth on the 10th April and IOW on the 14th April for info.

It also has Lee Smart as a seeded rider AND riding in the qualifying round at the IOW, so wouldnt trust the info on there to much. :blink:

I'm intrigued to know how Jamie Courtney qualifies for this as he has never rode for so long.

Also feel the rounds could not be any further south so really unfair on northern riders

It also has Lee Smart as a seeded rider AND riding in the qualifying round at the IOW, so wouldnt trust the info on there to much. :blink:

Ah, that would explain one thing that puzzled me -- that there were nine seeded riders rather than eight. Eight, of course, would leave four to qualify from each semi-final (nice and tidy). Nine would leave, er, a mess.

Hopefully with Gary Irving taking a break from the sport it will open up a slot for Adam Wrathall, who surely should have had a slot ahead of Scott Meakins, Danny Stoneman, John Resch, Matt Bates, Michael Bovis and Charlie Saunders. No disrespect to the three named but shouldn't qualification be based on last season's form rather than location??

Others who could consider themselves unlucky are Jason Garrity, James Sarjeant (top two in U-15), Aaron Baseby and Chris Widman. Perhaps some have declined the offer but it is disappointing that there isn't a qualifier further north (KL, Mildenhall and Buxton being obvious options)

Edited by Scunny Stag

just realised no Richard Lawson and Gareth Isherwood :o

Edited by Scunny Stag

Richard Lawson is I think 22, but Gareth Isherwood is under 21 and deserves a place. Must be an oversight by the BSPA.

Gareth came fourth in the Weymouth round last year and made the Final as one of the reserves but didn't get a ride as far as I can see.

Edited by Great Central

it makes a change to have a meeting down in the south. to say its not fair on northern riders what about southern riders having to travel up north ?

it makes a change to have a meeting down in the south. to say its not fair on northern riders what about southern riders having to travel up north ?

or have one northern and one southern...or both midlands.

don't see how you can say "makes a change to have a meeting down south" as most events take place down south. Think how the scots feel!

Just for the record, last years semis were held at Plymouth, Weymouth and Kings Lynn. Not much in the north there either!!!

Edited by Great Central

or have one northern and one southern...or both midlands.

don't see how you can say "makes a change to have a meeting down south" as most events take place down south. Think how the scots feel!

Really? Look at where the main meetings took place last seaosn, look at where most speedway fans are based, is it really that unfairly biased one way or the other? (Mr neutral in this one as I live in the midlands)

in the middle would be good with a teleporter so it cut the travelling out would be ideal lol, but heyho we are not living in an ideal world when i say south im meaning cornwall no meetings down here :rolleyes::rolleyes:

when i say south im meaning cornwall no meetings down here :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just to the north of Exeter is Scotland so two meetings in the deep south sounds brilliant :lol:

Surely there are enough eligible riders who want to take part to allow a third qualifying event :unsure:

It cannot be right that the likes of Isherwood, Wrathall, Garrity etc are being overlooked!

I'm sure if the opportunity arose Mildenhall would show interest in hosting a meeting of this type.

Hopefully with Gary Irving taking a break from the sport it will open up a slot for Adam Wrathall, who surely should have had a slot ahead of Scott Meakins, Danny Stoneman, John Resch, Matt Bates, Michael Bovis and Charlie Saunders. No disrespect to the three named but shouldn't qualification be based on last season's form rather than location??

Others who could consider themselves unlucky are Jason Garrity, James Sarjeant (top two in U-15), Aaron Baseby and Chris Widman. Perhaps some have declined the offer but it is disappointing that there isn't a qualifier further north (KL, Mildenhall and Buxton being obvious options)

Does indeed seem extraordinary that Aaron (I think he rode in a qualifier last year did he not..? :unsure: ) and the one & two in the 500cc U-15s championship of last year are not included. :shock: As you say, no disrespect to the others you've named (who I know from Sittingbourne and so support wholeheartedly..) but it defies explanation that one or two of them could be ahead of these others..!! :blink: