British Speedway Forum

King’s Lynn have announced that they plan to produce their own type of one-off World Speedway Final this coming season. The competition will be open to the top 16 riders from the British Elite League.

Team GB boss, Rob Lyon, is a very happy man ‘I proposed it to King’s Lynn as it’s my favourite track and I see it as a way to help me with future Team GB selections, I honestly believe half the field will be made up of British riders and if it all goes well I would imagine King’s Lynn will also have a good chance of securing the World Team Cup Final in 2010. If we can achieve that then Team GB will have a great chance of winning the World Cup title which would really boost the profile of the sport in this country and give Speedway a real chance of being represented at the London Olympics in 2012.’

British Speedways Publicist and Marketing Manager, Terry Cliffard, confirmed he is already in negotiations for a big money press deal, providing the World Team Cup does come to the UK and Team GB actually win it ‘A few magazines including Hello and OK are already in talks for exclusive rights to the team story and photos, the money we earn from this will fund some newer and faster equipment for the riders and also the construction of a new head office for British Speedway bosses in central London, in actual fact we hope it will be right next door to the Football Association in Marble Arch.’

King’s Lynn boss Buster Chapman, is convinced he is doing the right thing, ‘King’s Lynn is the perfect venue and track, as soon as I knew we were going for it I put in planning permission for some temporary buildings which will hold around 5,000 people in complete luxury, we will have amenities like raised back leather sofas, 3 in 1 style hand washers , just like the ones you see in luxury fast food restaurants, and we are also proud to be having the world’s first speedway crèche, which will feature a miniature speedway track for the children to race their pedal bikes around and a ‘Briggo designed’ velvet cushioned fence for them to crash into. Hopefully World Speedway bosses will be here to see it for themselves so we can get a deal tied up as quickly as possible for the World Team Cup Final in 2010. ’

Tickets will go on sale a week today via the Official King’s Lynn Stars website. Prices start at only £20 for standing, £30 for children (including the speedway crèche) and £35 to £50 for luxury grandstand tickets.

Edited by J Chapman

King’s Lynn have announced that they plan to produce their own type of one-off World Speedway Final this coming season. The competition will be open to the top 16 riders from the British Elite League.

Team GB boss, Rob Lyon, is a very happy man ‘I proposed it to King’s Lynn as it’s my favourite track and I see it as a way to help me with future Team GB selections, I honestly believe half the field will be made up of British riders and if it all goes well I would imagine King’s Lynn will also have a good chance of securing the World Team Cup Final in 2010. If we can achieve that then Team GB will have a great chance of winning the World Cup title which would really boost the profile of the sport in this country and give Speedway a real chance of being represented at the London Olympics in 2012.’

British Speedways Publicist and Marketing Manager, Terry Cliffard, confirmed he is already in negotiations for a big money press deal, providing the World Team Cup does come to the UK and Team GB actually win it ‘A few magazines including Hello and OK are already in talks for exclusive rights to the team story and photos, the money we earn from this will fund some newer and faster equipment for the riders and also the construction of a new head office for British Speedway bosses in central London, in actual fact we hope it will be right next door to the Football Association in Marble Arch.’

King’s Lynn boss Buster Chapman, is convinced he is doing the right thing, ‘King’s Lynn is the perfect venue and track, as soon as I knew we were going for it I put in planning permission for some temporary buildings which will hold around 5,000 people in complete luxury, we will have amenities like raised back leather sofas, 3 in 1 style hand washers , just like the ones you see in luxury fast food restaurants, and we are also proud to be having the world’s first speedway crèche, which will feature a miniature speedway track for the children to race their pedal bikes around and a ‘Briggo designed’ velvet cushioned fence for them to crash into. Hopefully World Speedway bosses will be here to see it for themselves so we can get a deal tied up as quickly as possible for the World Team Cup Final in 2010. ’

Tickets will go on sale a week today via the Official King’s Lynn Stars website. Prices start at only £20 for standing, £30 for children (including the speedway crèche) and £35 to £50 for luxury grandstand tickets.

Well done, 5 minutes to post the first April fools joke :lol:

Obvious April fool. ?
and on so many other levels:

So -it starts okay, almost believable.

Then starts to fail a bit with the half the field British,

Goes a little bit further into dream world with Speedway ACTUAL HAVING a marketing manager who in this case happens to be Max's brother.

Offices in London - yer right - I would have expected that one to be offices in Spain with weekly managemnt meetings!!!

Then the thought that Chris Haris with his dashing beauty would make it into OK magazine (sorry Bomber!!)

and then we reach the bottom of the barrell with leather chairs and creches!!

Good try boys - but no cigars!!!!

there's no pleasing some people!

"That's just what Jesus said, sir"

(with due homage to M.Python)

Don't care whether it's a joke or not - they should do it!! :P:approve:

King’s Lynn have announced that they plan to produce their own type of one-off World Speedway Final this coming season. The competition will be open to the top 16 riders from the British Elite League. Team GB boss, Rob Lyon, is a very happy man ‘I proposed it to King’s Lynn as it’s my favourite track and I see it as a way to help me with future Team GB selections, I honestly believe half the field will be made up of British riders and if it all goes well I would imagine King’s Lynn will also have a good chance of securing the World Team Cup Final in 2010. If we can achieve that then Team GB will have a great chance of winning the World Cup title which would really boost the profile of the sport in this country and give Speedway a real chance of being represented at the London Olympics in 2012.’

British Speedways Publicist and Marketing Manager, Terry Cliffard, confirmed he is already in negotiations for a big money press deal, providing the World Team Cup does come to the UK and Team GB actually win it ‘A few magazines including Hello and OK are already in talks for exclusive rights to the team story and photos, the money we earn from this will fund some newer and faster equipment for the riders and also the construction of a new head office for British Speedway bosses in central London, in actual fact we hope to be right next door to the Football Association in Marble Arch.’

compliments of:

Norfolk Arena

Saddlebow Road

King's Lynn

PE34 3AG

Tel: 01553 771111

King’s Lynn have announced that they plan to produce their own type of one-off World Speedway Final this coming season. The competition will be open to the top 16 riders from the British Elite League. Team GB boss, Rob Lyon, is a very happy man ‘I proposed it to King’s Lynn as it’s my favourite track and I see it as a way to help me with future Team GB selections, I honestly believe half the field will be made up of British riders and if it all goes well I would imagine King’s Lynn will also have a good chance of securing the World Team Cup Final in 2010. If we can achieve that then Team GB will have a great chance of winning the World Cup title which would really boost the profile of the sport in this country and give Speedway a real chance of being represented at the London Olympics in 2012.’

British Speedways Publicist and Marketing Manager, Terry Cliffard, confirmed he is already in negotiations for a big money press deal, providing the World Team Cup does come to the UK and Team GB actually win it ‘A few magazines including Hello and OK are already in talks for exclusive rights to the team story and photos, the money we earn from this will fund some newer and faster equipment for the riders and also the construction of a new head office for British Speedway bosses in central London, in actual fact we hope to be right next door to the Football Association in Marble Arch.’

compliments of:

Norfolk Arena

Saddlebow Road

King's Lynn

PE34 3AG

Tel: 01553 771111

yeah yeah yeah happy april fools day to you too :wink: nice try though

I liked it!

Now if only they could actually do some of the ideas.....quite like the idea of watching speedway from leather sofas :D

I thought it was quite inventive. Shame some other promotions don't interact with their fans the same way :sad:

Compliments of the Season to you too, Bagpuss. :D

Will there be tickets available on the day or do we have to get them in advance?