British Speedway Forum
Nev Riseley

2010 Australian Solo Title Dates

The dates for the 2010 Australian Solo Title have been released. Round 1 Saturday 2 January Gillman Speedway Adelaide, Round 2 Sunday 3 January Olympic Park Speedway Mildura and the final on Saturday January 9 Newcastle Speedway NSW.

A qualifying round has not been announced. It will depend on rider nominations and a decision will be made closer to the end of the year. For more details go to the Gillman Speedway homepage.

Cheers Nev

The dates for the 2010 Australian Solo Title have been released. Round 1 Saturday 2 January Gillman Speedway Adelaide, Round 2 Sunday 3 January Olympic Park Speedway Mildura and the final on Saturday January 9 Newcastle Speedway NSW.

A qualifying round has not been announced. It will depend on rider nominations and a decision will be made closer to the end of the year. For more details go to the Gillman Speedway homepage.

Cheers Nev

Will you be in attendance this year, Nev?

The Usual Suspects missed yer smilin' face!!

Unusally early for the release of these dates, normally have to wait till July / August.

May do the first two rounds actually, i've run out of Trentham Estate Murphy's Lore Autumn Red :cry:

Edited by Ozyace

A qualifying round has not been announced. It will depend on rider nominations and a decision will be made closer to the end of the year. For more details go to the Gillman Speedway homepage

Id be very suprised if there isnt a qualifier with the amount of talent coming through the ranks.

Chopper

I think that after the success of providing a container for bikes last year the organisers are hoping for more involvement by our top UK-based stars which may well preclude a qualifying round. I can't see Jason, Leigh & Flyin' Ryan taking part but it would be good to see the likes of Shane Parker, Wato, Lemo, Cam, Johnno, Davy Watt and Kevin Doolan again along with Troy, Trav, Rooboy, Ty, Aaron, Darcy, Kozza, the Sedglings & the Holders etc. Doesn't leave much room for the up-and-comers so there may have to be a separate comp for them perhaps?

Certainly given the time of year it may be difficult to factor in a qualifier, which would be a shame as I thoroughly enjoyed last years round at Gosford, and also improved my estimation of that track at the same time. Any qualifier would have to be at Gillman, the best track in Oz by far.

As a committed public transport fan I would have preferred a couple of days space between Gilly and Milly as well, now it looks like I'll hafta run flat out to get to Sunraysia, then meander over five days to Newcastle!! May be some sprintcars on midweek somewhere. :blink:

Edited by BigFatDave

I think that after the success of providing a container for bikes last year the organisers are hoping for more involvement by our top UK-based stars which may well preclude a qualifying round. I can't see Jason, Leigh & Flyin' Ryan taking part but it would be good to see the likes of Shane Parker, Wato, Lemo, Cam, Johnno, Davy Watt and Kevin Doolan again along with Troy, Trav, Rooboy, Ty, Aaron, Darcy, Kozza, the Sedglings & the Holders etc. Doesn't leave much room for the up-and-comers so there may have to be a separate comp for them perhaps?

Certainly given the time of year it may be difficult to factor in a qualifier, which would be a shame as I thoroughly enjoyed last years round at Gosford, and also improved my estimation of that track at the same time. Any qualifier would have to be at Gillman, the best track in Oz by far.

As a committed public transport fan I would have preferred a couple of days space between Gilly and Milly as well, now it looks like I'll hafta run flat out to get to Sunraysia, then meander over five days to Newcastle!! May be some sprintcars on midweek somewhere. :blink:

Get your self to Adelaide then could be a night at the Murray Bridge hilton (my place) then a lift to Mildura all for the cost of another jar of

Mango Chutney!

Get your self to Adelaide then could be a night at the Murray Bridge hilton (my place) then a lift to Mildura all for the cost of another jar of

Mango Chutney!

Hanging on dates for a qualifier at the mo. before I take the plunge on my descent to Croweater Country via Oz's answer to Ryanair, Jetstar. :blink: Good way to spend my Rudd Bonus, its either that or a Tatt!! :rolleyes:

The 2009 Toxic Waste - oooooops, sorry, :oops: I mean Mango Chutney is a few months away yet, most of the 2008 Vintage has escaped or eaten its way out of the jars, oh, and I swapped a couple of litres for a 44 gallon drum of Diesel. :approve:

Hey BFD

Word has it Frankie Smart is planning on doing the titles, a mouth watering inclusion into any meeting.

Mango Chutney!

Webby, i'm seriously thinking of flying over for the Motocross titles at the Bridge on the 14th June.

What are you doing that weekend ?

........... i'm seriously thinking............

......doesn't sound like you, Ozy!! :rolleyes:

Edited by BigFatDave

......doesn't sound like you, Ozy!! :rolleyes:

I had a moment :lol:

Webby, i'm seriously thinking of flying over for the Motocross titles at the Bridge on the 14th June.

What are you doing that weekend ?

Dint see this till now!

Looks like i am going to the Motocross!

Pm me will details if you want a place to stay ect..

Dint see this till now!

Looks like i am going to the Motocross!

Pm me will details if you want a place to stay ect..

Sorry Ozyace cant go! Got my daughters 16th big do in Adelaide that weekend.

Might be able to catch up at some stage on the weekend if you need a place to stay in the bridge( or use of a car) PM me

Former Newport rider Frank Smart was interviewed on Radio Fremantle's Let's Talk Speedway Racing Show last Saturday, 23 May. The WA champion talks about his return to riding at Pinjar Park Speedway, Perth and intentions to enter the Australian Speedway Championships in January 2010. The interview can be found on the archive at www.radiofremantle.com around the 45-50 minute mark of the show. Archive expires at midday 30th May.

Good luck to him, he will rattle some cages, thats for sure.