British Speedway Forum

Agreed Sandie, the atmosphere is amazing - but making a six hour drive down from Scotland to experience the atmosphere when I was there last year isn't appealing.

I'm afraid to say it's a case of "been there, done that"

In theory,(having been once before) I should be busting a gut to to Cardiff but the people who organise the GP's need to ask themselves why people like me won't be returning this year - the simple answer is, the lack of passing on dreadfully slick tracks leaves me with no "urge" just to experience the atmosphere again.

JC - you have a good point and I am fortunate thats its a small 2 hour journey for me. So nice and convenient.

It is a great place to meet up with friends but this year I really do have doubts, as this forum used to be such a fun place to be. Nowadays it - who can attack who the hardest.

Its the promoters and the managers that are getting it wrong - not the supporters!!! So why are, best of friends one moment, attacking each other so viciously on here these days!!!! A very unpleasant read at he moment :(

JC - you have a good point and I am fortunate thats its a small 2 hour journey for me. So nice and convenient.

Meanwhile in the outer reaches of the Galaxy......................... :blink:

This is the Big One, Sandie, one of those things ya gotta do. :approve:

Me mates are GREEN!! :lol:

Meanwhile in the outer reaches of the Galaxy......................... :blink:

This is the Big One, Sandie, one of those things ya gotta do. :approve:

Me mates are GREEN!! :lol:

LOL - Nano nano!!!!!

I'll be at the POW on Saturday afternoon!

Coaches leave Swindon at 10.30am - so hopefully I'll bethere with a pint of 'Bow in me hand at around 1ish....

Hope you'll all still be there but if you're starting at 9am I might be a bit behind you all in the slightly inebriated stakes :lol:

I won't be there this year due to my bump! But definately next year.

Hope everyone has a wicked time!

walk about bar for us on the friday but in the stadium at 1pm not happy with the new start time now no time for a drink in the bars before meeting now

Like lots of others, I'll be giving the 'racing' a miss this year - the first time I've missed Cardiff. I'm sick to death of the crap tracks they expect us to shell out good money for. So instead, I'll be taking in the memorabilia fair, having a few beers and hopefully bumping into a few friends, and then I'll be catching the train home. Somerset on Friday and Newport on Sunday will do me just fine. ARE YA LISTENIN' OLSEN!!!!????

Like lots of others, I'll be giving the 'racing' a miss this year - the first time I've missed Cardiff. I'm sick to death of the crap tracks they expect us to shell out good money for. So instead, I'll be taking in the memorabilia fair, having a few beers and hopefully bumping into a few friends, and then I'll be catching the train home. Somerset on Friday and Newport on Sunday will do me just fine. ARE YA LISTENIN' OLSEN!!!!????

Guaranteed you'll be so tempted you'll go up and get a ticket on the day ;)

Think the Brit GP would be a sell out if it wasn't for the greed of the hotel groups. It's all fine and well starting the meeting at five, however I would think that for the majority of fans the Brit GP is seen as a Speedway weekend, giving fans the opportunity to meet and have a chat. I am personally annoyed as a hotel was booked in Aug last year ans a price quoted of £87 per night, on phoning the hotel to change booking details we were informed that the room was £176 per night due to it be an event weekend, had we not rang the hotel we would not have been any wiser. It now means looking for alternative accomodation at this late stage. On checking the numerous hotels the prices are £50 on ave normally but are looking at £150 on the GP Weekend, making it a very expensive weekend and no doubt in these current times unaffordable or not worth the total expense. As much as I like Cardiff as a venue I think it's time the organisers looked at the hotels profiteering or decide to move on elsewhere.

Or you could stop being so snobby and get a nice little en suite room in Cardiff uni for £35 a night.

I did it last year and doing it again this year.

Or you could stop being so snobby and get a nice little en suite room in Cardiff uni for £35 a night.

I did it last year and doing it again this year.

How do I go about that then Snyp??

Simply contact Cardiff Uni residence department. Tell them you are looking for a room for the Speedway Grand Prix and the rest will be explained to you.

Unfortunately i cannot find the number for the place just now but will look it out for if anyone else wants to contact them.

Edited by Snyper1010

Simply contact Cardiff Uni residence department. Tell them you are looking for a room for the Speedway Grand Prix and the rest will be explained to you.

Unfortunately i cannot find the number for the place just now but will look it out for if anyone else wants to contact them.

google and you shall find! :P

i suspect that this place is what Snyp mentioned? http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/for/prospective/i...nces/index.html

Edited by Ghostwalker

I'm thinking about it...............are you all going to the PL Pairs on the Friday?

Do Bears rubbish in the woods?

Yep the full weekend planned, Pairs, Cardiff then Rye to watch Glasgow get demolished!! :lol: