British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star in Exile

Hall Of Fame - What If

I'm bored so forgive the hypothetical post.

As many of you know, in North America all major sports (and some minor) have their own 'Hall of Fame'. I have been to 3 (Soccer, Hockey and Baseball) of them - not interested in Basketball of Gridiron football. When a former player is elected by the sportswriters, into their respective hall of fame, one of the questions asked is what hat or shirt will be displayed for them, as the team that they enter the hall in. In the mdoern age, many players move around clubs, very few staying in one place their whole career. Recently, in Baseball, there was talk of which cap would be used for Roger Clemens, the Red Sox, for whom he pitched for most of his career or the Yankees, for whom he finished his career and won a world series with. Clemens had said he wanted a Yankees cap, as the Boston media and fans had given him a hard time after he left the club. And now he will never get in following all the drug allegations.

So in Speedway - if a national hall of fame existed just what body colour would be used for the superstars of the sport ? And especially now when some riders get to ride for so many many clubs in the space of a few years. Here are my starters for 10...

Norman Hunter - West Ham, Wolves Swindon ?

Ivan Mauger - is he Belle Vue or Exeter or ?

Ole Olsen - Wolves or Coventry ?

Malcom Simmons - Kings Lynn or Poole ?

Dave Jessup - Reading or Kings Lynn or Wimbledon or ? or does he get in :-)

Tony Rickardsson - Ipswich, Kings Lynn or Poole ?

Bobby Schwartz - if he got in - Cradley or Reading or ?

Shawn Moran - if he got in ?

Edited by Star in Exile

How about showing an example of each next to their name-for me Newcastle should be added to the Ivan collection.

How about showing an example of each next to their name-for me Newcastle should be added to the Ivan collection.

And Hull....

What about Eastbourne? :rolleyes:

Edited by speedyguy