British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
flagrag

Gp Tv Coverage

Hi I am after some help from our Polish,Swedish and Danish posters can anybody please confirm whether their local GP tv coverage is shown in HD/High definition. At present Sky sports have some issues with a lack of HD equipped studios for sport where the presenters and panel are not at the venue this is mainly preventing Sky sports GP coverage being in HD and is affecting others sports as well Nascar,A1 GP,Golf night and Spanish football.

I am just trying to determine other broadcasters plans for the 2009 season and below is an article in Polish which hopefully some kind person can translate for me.

Tylko w CANAL+ widzowie będą mogli obejrzeć na żywo relacje z wszystkich zawodów Grand Prix w sezonie 2009. Część transmisji zrealizowanych będzie w technologii High Definition.

CANAL+ od kilku lat jest producentem wykonawczym międzynarodowego sygnału telewizyjnego z zawodów żużlowych. Obraz jest przekazywany do wszystkich zagranicznych telewizji, które posiadają prawa do pokazywania zawodów. W Polsce transmisje te można zobaczyć jedynie w CANAL+.

Edited by flagrag

Hi I am after some help from our Polish,Swedish and Danish posters can anybody please confirm whether their local GP tv coverage is shown in HD/High definition. At present Sky sports have some issues with a lack of HD equipped studios for sport where the presenters and panel are not at the venue this is mainly preventing Sky sports GP coverage being in HD and is affecting others sports as well Nascar,A1 GP,Golf night and Spanish football.

The studio has nothing to do with it, SKY have shown NASCAR and Speedway in HD in the past, in NASCAR all the races from Daytona were in HD. Think it's to do with money, think they have to pay lot more to the host broadcaster for the HD feed.

QUOTE (Rob B @ Apr 25 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The studio has nothing to do with it, SKY have shown NASCAR and Speedway in HD in the past, in NASCAR all the races from Daytona were in HD. Think it's to do with money, think they have to pay lot more to the host broadcaster for the HD feed.

You may not have read it closely enough Rob.

Sky have limited availability of HD equipped studios for the panel and presenters - last year's British SGP was in HD from the Venue, with the studio feed carried by the HD truck.

Given that NASCAR is on in the middle of the night the 2 HD equipped studios that Sky do have may not be in use for other programmes, so they may have used one for the NASCAR you've seen on the HD Channels!?

You can't TX the action in HD and then keep going back to the panel in an SD studio, as the difference in quality would be unacceptable to HD subscribers!?

See the post from Uno below

AV Forums Sky Sports HD coverage

That's my reading of what flagrag is saying anyway.

Cheers

Luke

Edited by Skyjack2