British Speedway Forum

This forum has about 15k??? readers, 9k posters and less than 50 people whining about Millard and the other one. Sky GP coverage has about 100-150k paying viewers and more on the side in internet and such... Not all of them no this stuff by heart...

This forum has about 15k??? readers, 9k posters and less than 50 people whining about Millard and the other one. Sky GP coverage has about 100-150k paying viewers and more on the side in internet and such... Not all of them no this stuff by heart...

No, but they all know at the very least which rider is in which helmet colour. Something which the buffoon that is Millard gets consistently wrong (amongst other things)

Well if these "new" speedway viewers didn't know that Sayfutdinov was 19, they sure as hell do now!! I can accept a commentator repeating something during a two and a half hour programme, but if he is going to do it at least phrase it in a different way. To just constantly repeat the same statement was downright annoying and tended to distract from the enjoyment of the Sky presentation.

It has often been said on here, that commentating is not easy and they are all prone to tripping over their tongues in the heat of the action. Blimey, we all get foreign riders names wrong from time to time. But the most common fault TM makes for me, is to totally mix up the riders and announce such and such a rider to be in the lead, when half the time he is probably at the back. Getting the riders names and their helmet colours right is a basic for any commentator. For god sake there are only four to remember, it's not like having to remember 22 players and their numbers or being able to recognise the colours of 20 jockeys in a race. The only explanation I can think of for these constant mix-ups is that old TM must be colour blind!!

I think Sky ought to check this out......

sorry i must have missed it can anyone tell me how old emil is and whose from mildura. do they do a face for sarcasm :lol:

I learned something from Millard on Saturday night about the Grands Prix which I didn't realise before

"From the semi-finals, it's every man for himself"

So what was the idea of the first 20 heats - team riding or what? - perhaps that's why there were 20 processions

But that can't be right, because in each of the 20 heats, one rider was disappointed

By the way, Emil has a Polish passport

Not as bad as Johno calling a three time world champion Nicki Petersen :rolleyes:

Yeah definitely.

You sure Johno?

Yeah definitely.

Quite sure Johno?

Yeah definitely.

Can you start a sentence with something else Johno?

Yeah definitely

:blink:

He misses so much of what is actually happening and continues to get riders mixed up.

Still think he is doing the commentry whilst looking at a TV monitor in the studio sometimes.

Still think he is doing the commentry whilst looking at a TV monitor in the studio sometimes.

He is ,every GP apart from Cardiff commentators are in the studios in London.

"You've got to say................" (x500!) :lol:

At least Millard kept me smiling until Emil(who by the way is 19 and just been granted a Polish passport) brought the meeting to life!! :wink:

"You've got to say................" (x500!) :lol:

At least Millard kept me smiling until Emil(who by the way is 19 and just been granted a Polish passport) brought the meeting to life!! :wink:

I hear that Millard and Paul Hardcastle are making a record. N-N-N-N Nineteen.

And the man out front is "wheel perfect" :blink:

To be fair I dont think there was any "bucking and rearing" on Saturday night :rolleyes:

No, we'll have to wait for Cardiff for that. :lol: