British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

I really hope that Tim Sugar is asked to manage Reading, any one else rather than Tim or Ivan "the tactical genius" Shears wouldn't be worthy!

Here here, and it better not be Wellie !

Midland Red

I thought we were getting a press release any more news riders for Swindon and Oxford, team managers etc?

Oxford's team manager has already been announced - it's Colin Meredith.

All the best

Rob

Anything further on Team line-ups ? Any idea on entry price (and is car park still £1) ?

Thnaks.

Anything further on Team line-ups ? Any idea on entry price (and is car park still £1) ?

Thnaks.

The admission prices are £15 adult, £12 concession & £5 child and i presume car parking will cost £1 as usual.

I don't know any further news on the line ups but i'm sure it will be announced on here as when a rider is confirmed.

THE CRADLEY Heath, Reading Racers and Oxford Cheetahs quartets for this month’s four team tournament have been confirmed.

The event takes place at the Abbey Stadium on Thursday July 30th, tapes up 7.30pm

The Reading side, sponsored by IdealVideo and M Collard Waste Management Services, will be fronted by Lee Richardson who is well known to Racers fans having spent a highly productive period with the club at the start of his speedway career.

Charlie Gjedde forms a powerful spearhead with Richardson and the Dane was a popular figure with the supporters during his two spells with the Berkshire side.

Ulrich Ostergaard who spent such a productive spell with Reading in 2008 joins Richardson and Gjedde, as does former Racers’ favourite Chris Mills.

The Oxford charge will be fronted by Polish thrill merchant Adam Skornicki who has been instated as captain of the Cheetahs’ squad.

The hugely popular Skornicki spent a season with Oxford in 2006 and became a firm fans favourite at the Cheetah’s Cowley base.

Indeed, the Polish International didn’t miss a meeting for the club in 2006 and conjured 309 points from a total of forty two elite league and knock out cup fixtures

Skornicki is joined by Niels Kristian Iversen who first linked up with Oxford in 2003. The Dane remained with the Cowley side until 2005 and played an integral role in Oxford's victory in the Craven Shield at the conclusion of the year.

Completing the Oxford squad will be Ben Barker and Lubos Tomicek, both of whom have strong previous connections with the Cheeaths.

Meanwhile, Cradley Heath will be captained by Australian ace Adam Shields. Elite league heat leader Shields is the nephew of former Cradley favourite David Shields who rode for the club in 1981.

Paul Fry joins Adam Shield and the hugely popular 'Fryer' will ride for Cradley some twenty five seasons since he first pulled on the Heathens’ race jacket!

Mads Korneliussen and Ryan Fisher complete the Cradley Heath quartet.

The Swindon side will be captained by Travis McGowan and include the current Robins’ duo of Simon Stead and Paul Hurry.

Confirmation of the fourth member of the Swindon squad will be released in the coming days.

Cradley Heathens

Adam Shields

Mads Korneliussen

Ryan Fisher

Paul Fry

Reading Racers

Lee Richardson

Charlie Gjedde

Ulrich Ostergaard

Chris Mills

Oxford Cheetahs

Niels Kristian Iversen

Adam Skornicki

Lubos Tomicek

Ben Barker

Tickets for the event are available to purchase through this website

Taken from the Robins site.

No disrespect, but Mills & Gjedde. :rolleyes: We ain't going to win this are we, not sure I'll bother in that case. :P

No disrespect, but Mills & Gjedde. :rolleyes: We ain't going to win this are we, not sure I'll bother in that case. :P

Neither will Swindon :lol:

Oh I dunno, you still have 1 space left to fill. I reckon if after tonight your league challenge goes completely t*ts up, Patch will stick in Zagar or Adams just so you do win something this year. :P

THE CRADLEY Heath, Reading Racers and Oxford Cheetahs quartets for this month’s four team tournament have been confirmed.

The event takes place at the Abbey Stadium on Thursday July 30th, tapes up 7.30pm

The Reading side, sponsored by IdealVideo and M Collard Waste Management Services, will be fronted by Lee Richardson who is well known to Racers fans having spent a highly productive period with the club at the start of his speedway career.

Charlie Gjedde forms a powerful spearhead with Richardson and the Dane was a popular figure with the supporters during his two spells with the Berkshire side.

Ulrich Ostergaard who spent such a productive spell with Reading in 2008 joins Richardson and Gjedde, as does former Racers’ favourite Chris Mills.

The Oxford charge will be fronted by Polish thrill merchant Adam Skornicki who has been instated as captain of the Cheetahs’ squad.

The hugely popular Skornicki spent a season with Oxford in 2006 and became a firm fans favourite at the Cheetah’s Cowley base.

Indeed, the Polish International didn’t miss a meeting for the club in 2006 and conjured 309 points from a total of forty two elite league and knock out cup fixtures

Skornicki is joined by Niels Kristian Iversen who first linked up with Oxford in 2003. The Dane remained with the Cowley side until 2005 and played an integral role in Oxford's victory in the Craven Shield at the conclusion of the year.

Completing the Oxford squad will be Ben Barker and Lubos Tomicek, both of whom have strong previous connections with the Cheeaths.

Meanwhile, Cradley Heath will be captained by Australian ace Adam Shields. Elite league heat leader Shields is the nephew of former Cradley favourite David Shields who rode for the club in 1981.

Paul Fry joins Adam Shield and the hugely popular 'Fryer' will ride for Cradley some twenty five seasons since he first pulled on the Heathens’ race jacket!

Mads Korneliussen and Ryan Fisher complete the Cradley Heath quartet.

The Swindon side will be captained by Travis McGowan and include the current Robins’ duo of Simon Stead and Paul Hurry.

Confirmation of the fourth member of the Swindon squad will be released in the coming days.

Cradley Heathens

Adam Shields

Mads Korneliussen

Ryan Fisher

Paul Fry

Reading Racers

Lee Richardson

Charlie Gjedde

Ulrich Ostergaard

Chris Mills

Oxford Cheetahs

Niels Kristian Iversen

Adam Skornicki

Lubos Tomicek

Ben Barker

Tickets for the event are available to purchase through this website

Taken from the Robins site.

Cant be Chris Mills-he`s riding for Sheffield that night-isn`t it Phil Morris ?

It's Morris not Mills, mistake on our initial release which has been corrected on our website.

So, what would you have done differently? Do you want a Reading team or 4 riders wearing Reading jackets? I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. I haven't put the meeting on for our benefit, rather for the supporter's of the other three teams who I thought deserved a break. Sometimes I wish I hadn't bothered.

I think the teams are well balanced. Adams can't ride because it's the Latvian GP weekend and the rider's need the extra day to get there which is why the meeting is on this day to start with. Zagar won't be in the meeting. The 4th Swindon member will be rider who appears in our next home meeting on 23rd July after the r/r facility for Pavlic expires.

It's Morris not Mills, mistake on our initial release which has been corrected on our website.

So, what would you have done differently? Do you want a Reading team or 4 riders wearing Reading jackets? I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. I haven't put the meeting on for our benefit, rather for the supporter's of the other three teams who I thought deserved a break. Sometimes I wish I hadn't bothered.

I think the teams are well balanced. Adams can't ride because it's the Latvian GP weekend and the rider's need the extra day to get there which is why the meeting is on this day to start with. Zagar won't be in the meeting. The 4th Swindon member will be rider who appears in our next home meeting on 23rd July after the r/r facility for Pavlic expires.

Calm down dear, did you not notice the smilies? :blink: Unlike you to be so tetchy, anyone would think you got beaten at home last night or something. :P

Of course I'm looking forward to seeing 4 former Racers back on track and wearing the whinged wheel, looks like opportunities to do so are going to be few and far between in the future, and yes the teams do look balanced, maybe a little too balanced with danger of there being an O*ford win (again just for clarification MR - that was another joke - well kind of) ;)

Of course I'm looking forward to seeing 4 former Racers back on track and wearing the whinged wheel, looks like opportunities to do so are going to be few and far between in the future, and yes the teams do look balanced, maybe a little too balanced with danger of there being an O*ford win (again just for clarification MR - that was another joke - well kind of)

Wackie, are you trying to make out that Reading were Oxford's main local rivals - they weren't. It was Swindon, just as we were Swindon's main local rival. Reading were just a sideways irrevelance. :wink::P

The teams look welll balanced to me - good work Midland Robin. You're not bad for a Swindon promoter. :shock::lol:

Wackie - see you on July 30. :approve:

All the best

Rob

Calm down dear, did you not notice the smilies? :blink: Unlike you to be so tetchy, anyone would think you got beaten at home last night or something. :P

Of course I'm looking forward to seeing 4 former Racers back on track and wearing the whinged wheel :lol: , looks like opportunities to do so are going to be few and far between in the future, and yes the teams do look balanced, maybe a little too balanced with danger of there being an O*ford win (again just for clarification MR - that was another joke - well kind of) ;)

Whats a Whinged wheel? :lol:

Whats a Whinged wheel? :lol:

:lol:

There ya go Noggin, Rob answered for me.