British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

I just hope Malcolm Holloway is NOT team manager he has never been team manager of Reading what do others think?

20 June 2007 Team manager at Lakeside - Malcolm Holloway

I would expect it to be Tim but I have no objection to Malcolm filling the role. Now... if it were mr. Legg.... :mad:

It's Morris not Mills, mistake on our initial release which has been corrected on our website.

So, what would you have done differently? Do you want a Reading team or 4 riders wearing Reading jackets? I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. I haven't put the meeting on for our benefit, rather for the supporter's of the other three teams who I thought deserved a break. Sometimes I wish I hadn't bothered.

I think the teams are well balanced. Adams can't ride because it's the Latvian GP weekend and the rider's need the extra day to get there which is why the meeting is on this day to start with. Zagar won't be in the meeting. The 4th Swindon member will be rider who appears in our next home meeting on 23rd July after the r/r facility for Pavlic expires.

ignore the moaners this will be my 3rd trip to swindon this year and im sure this will be as good as my last 2 visits. il be back again cuz of good racing and a cracking ride down thru the cotswolds.should be plenty of heathens there pity its not a sunday but we all know whose fault that was.thanks for putting the meeting on :D

Wackie, are you trying to make out that Reading were Oxford's main local rivals - they weren't. It was Swindon, just as we were Swindon's main local rival. Reading were just a sideways irrevelance. :wink::P

The teams look welll balanced to me - good work Midland Robin. You're not bad for a Swindon promoter.

Wackie - see you on July 30. :approve:

All the best

Rob

I don't think Oxford were Reading's main rivals Rob, generally we far superior to the Cheetahs to be worried about them. :lol: But if O*ford won this 4TT you'd be unbearable! :P

Tim Sugar will manage the Reading team. I confirmed it with him today.

Excellent. :approve:

I think the teams look very evenly matched which should make a great contest between the four clubs.

Obviously i want Cradley to win and i feel our team has a good chance. In the Fish we have a current Robin who's being piling up the points at reserve. Adam Shields has top scored for Lakeside on there last two visits and both Mads and Fryer are former Robins and they know the Blunsdon circuit well so i fancy our chances of success.

Thanks to Gary & co at Swindon for putting on this meeting :)

Midland Robin Tim Sugar will manage the Reading team. I confirmed it with him today.

Great news I will be there with the racers fans supporting the Ideal Video Racers, (those were the days lets have them back) !!!!!!!!

Midland Robin Tim Sugar will manage the Reading team. I confirmed it with him today.

Great news I will be there with the racers fans supporting the Ideal Video Racers, (those were the days lets have them back) !!!!!!!!

Great news that Tim is Team Manager anyone bar Ivan Shears would have been a travesty!

Ideal Video Racers brings back many happy memories! ;)

Great news that Tim is Team Manager anyone bar Ivan Shears would have been a travesty!

Ideal Video Racers brings back many happy memories! ;)

Would have thought Euphony racers were your fondest memories H man!

Would have thought Euphony racers were your fondest memories H man!

Indeed Spannerboy, The Euphony Racer days were great memories, who can forget the trips to Sheffield and Glasgow!

Hell of a sponsorship deal as well :wink:

Indeed Spannerboy, The Euphony Racer days were great memories, who can forget the trips to Sheffield and Glasgow!

Sorry but fondest memories were of just The Racers. Especially the 77 & 80 teams. Still cringe at the thought of cheering them on at Exeter only to see us demolished 19-59 ! Oh for the days of DJ, JD & GOBL !

(apologies for being slightly off topic)

Edited by frenchy

Indeed! Believe this to be your biggest achievement mate, hell of a sponsorship deal which made the whole country very jealous!! including i believe the chairman on our beloved assoc who tried to go behind your back and steal the deal!!

So was the full page sponsorship deal in the Newcastle programme your doing as well?? :rolleyes: