British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

"Quote"] So was the full page sponsorship deal in the Newcastle programme your doing as well??

So whats this rubbish got to do with the 4TT

"Quote"] So was the full page sponsorship deal in the Newcastle programme your doing as well??

So whats this rubbish got to do with the 4TT

It's all about companies dumping cash into speedway sponsorship getting little return, so relevant to the 4tt!!! ;)

Edited by The H Man

Tomasz Chrzanowski is riding for Swindon.

The 4th Swindon member will be rider who appears in our next home meeting on 23rd July after the r/r facility for Pavlic expires.

Tomasz Chrzanowski is riding for Swindon.

So Top Cat was all lined up to replace Pavlic, maybe the 4TT will be a practice run instead. ;)

An encouraging amount of interest down Cradley way regarding next thursday- very hopeful of a large turnout, although many have obviously had to book time off work etc in order to attend.

The line ups seem well matched, & I believe Gary P will be announcing Adams replacement very shortly (best wishes to Adam for a speedy recovery from all) If the rider suggested accepts the invitation, I dont think you will hear any Heathens fans complaining!

The local press will also be advertising the event from the weekend onwards, & there was lots of enquires at last saturdays Old Hill festival, (thats an even smaller town next door to Cradley Heath BTW- but the event was very well attended).

Cant Wait! :lol:

Was great to chat to the Cradley fans at Cardiff...said see you on the 30th...passionate lot. :approve:

Even the guy from Reading who delivers drugs to the pharmacy where I work will be there :approve:

Was great to chat to the Cradley fans at Cardiff...said see you on the 30th...passionate lot. :approve:

Even the guy from Reading who delivers drugs to ....

I wonderedwhere that sentence was going :unsure:

So Top Cat was all lined up to replace Pavlic, maybe the 4TT will be a practice run instead. ;)

No he wasn't Wackie. His average is too high in any event. Tom has just signed to ride in Sweden on Thursdays too. He called me out of the blue and asked to do the meeting.

This meeting has been POSTPONED due to rider availability.

Taken from the Robins website !

4TT POSTPONED

SWINDON SPEEDWAY regrets to announce that the Four Team Tournament, due to take place this Thursday at Blunsdon, has been postponed.

Co-Promoter Gary Patchett commented:

‘We have become the victim of a series of unfortunate events. Firstly, we lost Adam Shields to a collar-bone injury during the World Cup.

Adam was one of only two riders’ with a genuine connection, through his uncle Dave, to the former Cradley team. That, in itself, was not an insurmountable problem, however, over the weekend through no fault of their own Lee Richardson, Charlie Gjedde, Neils Kristian Iversen, Davey Watt and Paul Fry have all been forced to withdraw.

A re-arranged meeting in Poland put paid to both Lee and Davey as they will be riding for Czestochowa and Wroclaw respectively whilst Niels has been called into the Latvian GP as a consequence of the injury Nicki Pedersen sustained in the WTC.

Charlie won’t ride again this season as a result of his shoulder injury and is awaiting an operation and Paul was scheduled, at the last moment to ride for Poole at Ipswich but also has an illness to a close relative to contend with.

Davy had been drafted in as the replacement for Adam Shields but was forced to withdraw before we could announce him taking part!

From the outset it has been our intention to stage the meeting, not only at an Elite League level, but with as much past connection to the respective teams taking part.

The riders absolutely had to have as much relevance to the teams they were due to represent otherwise the interest would be severely diminished. I think that the original teams we had put together did just that and clearly there were not replacements available that maintained the same links.

I sincerely regret having to take this decision but do so at the earliest opportunity in order to minimise the effect to the travelling supporters.

It is our intention to re-stage this meeting at a later date in the season, to be announced shortly, when the international fixture list is less congested.

That is a real shame but understandable.

Nikki and I had our day all planned (having booked leave accordingly) - trip down to see various family members and then pot noodle tea just around the corner from the stadium.

Oh and a trip to the Outlet Mall was in there somewhere!!

So - family still on, no pot noodle, no speedway BUT more time at the Mall!! :lol::lol:

Oh well - these things happen but a huge shame for Swindon and the time and effort it has already put in.

Firstly, I can't beleive how quickly this meeting came up in the diary. It sort of crept up on me while I wasn't looking. It's a bit gutting to lose it, at least for now, but there's nothing anyone can do about the circumstances leading to its postponment. Hey-ho.

Dissapointing new but right decision, wouldnt be interested in watching a set of riders riding with no relationship to the clubs