British Speedway Forum

Then it should be renamed, PL pairs says to me the best pairs from the whole PL, not a select few teams. Some might not be that great but at least teams then don't feel left out and it's an accross the board competition.

Agrred. The competition is elitist, and that isn't how it should be run at all. Why aren't Stoke in it? They have a great pairing in Complin and Bunyan, and could even win it. Once again, the fans suffer, and get a watered down version of what the competition should really be like.

Agrred. The competition is elitist, and that isn't how it should be run at all. Why aren't Stoke in it? They have a great pairing in Complin and Bunyan, and could even win it. Once again, the fans suffer, and get a watered down version of what the competition should really be like.

Yup, that sounds about right, it's a crying shame that ALL clubs aren't included. The weakest ones would get knocked out anyhow, so you'd still end up watching good racing in the end. But taking part is important to any fan.

Dont forget you have times and tournament lay outs to think about too. I dont want to see a rushed Pairs meeting with 3 groups with a load of duds. I want a pleasant paced meeting with the top pairs in the league. Thankfully the latter is what we have.

Every team at the start of the season had a chance to 'qualify' for the finals day of the competition. They might not have known what the qualifying criteria method was (well it certainly doesn't look like Stoke were told), but they all had a chance.

Enough of this namby pamby, wishy washy inclusive nonsense. 10 pairs, 20 qualifying heats works well, then 2 semi's and final(s). The line up for this meeting is superb and wouldn't particularly be enhanced by any of the non-qualifying teams in reality would it. They had their chance to get to Somerset and haven't made it.

Rico :rolleyes:

So another year and another PL Pairs...

Teams...

GROUP 1:

King's Lynn (Tomas Topinka & Darcy Ward)

Somerset (Steve Johnston & Emil Kramer)

Berwick (Michal Makovsky & Josef Franc)

Rye House (Linus Sundstrom & Chris Neath)

Scunthorpe (Magnus Karlsson & David Howe).

GROUP 2:

Glasgow (James Grieves & Shane Parker)

Workington (Kevin Doolan & Adrian Rymel),

Redcar (Gary Havelock & Ty Proctor)

Edinburgh (Ryan Fisher & Andrew Tully)

Birmingham (Jason Lyons & Tomasz Piszcz)

... I think Glasgow can qualify from Group 2 to the semi-finals. :wink:

...Hope the weather holds, the BBC think not, but what do they know? :unsure:

Nothing to do in Highbridge, better to do what Phil said and spend the day in Burnham which is a few minutes up the road - It's also where I live! Weather is meant to be nice, so going up on the sea front could be an option for an hour or two and get something to eat along the sea front or through the high street.

Well I'll be travelling direct to Highbridge and Burnham directly from Luton Airport from about 10 am. We might head on up to Weston super Mare to take in the sea breezes and smell of burnt pier :cry: Then we'll find somewhere to have a bite to eat before heading off to the track. Anything to keep clear of huge traffic jams on the motorway. Hope we don't end up in Glastonbury by mistake!!

See you all there because I won't be heading to Cardiff for the ear blasting air horns. Probably then head off to Rye House on Sunday to take in the match between the Rockets and Glasgow.

Looking forward to it immensely. I'm sure I'll enjoy the speedway too. :rolleyes:

Well I'll be travelling direct to Highbridge and Burnham directly from Luton Airport from about 10 am. We might head on up to Weston super Mare to take in the sea breezes and smell of burnt pier :cry: Then we'll find somewhere to have a bite to eat before heading off to the track. Anything to keep clear of huge traffic jams on the motorway. Hope we don't end up in Glastonbury by mistake!!

Great news, the return of the Wizard to the OTA! Be sure to come up and say hello, I'll be in the usual Najjer corner assuming that I get there earlier enough which I've failed to do the past few weeks!

In Weston at the moment they have their own version of the London Eye for the Summer albeit very pricey. Should head for Burnham, the town that has Britains shortest Pier, Britains smallest lighthouse and the 2nd fastest tide in the whole world! That's about the best claims to fame as it gets in Burnham though!

See you there Merlin B)

There is no simple answer though. Seems funny how its only the Stoke fans that are sulking though.

yes there is a simple answer , and thats the rules ragarding qualification so if u cant answer it please dont bother posting a reply to my question

Why aren't Stoke in it? They have a great pairing in Complin and Bunyan, and could even win it.

No they couldn't, because Complin is useless around the OTA.

Sorry but if your top 2 riders aint the best in the league why should you be allowed to spoil the racing for the true top pairings :approve:

so what is it then ? its a simple question

I did post similar to this on another thread a week or so ago.

It is the top 10 PL teams with their best 3 averaged riders combined (Somerset were in the top 10 on merit before anyone asks). The cut-off date was the PL Greensheets at 01-06-09, I think. If riders hadn't done 12 meetings then they used the 8-11 match thing.

Those 10 teams then get to choose which 2 riders will be representing their teams.