British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ashie Smashy

Nicholls And Harris

Edward Kennett.....you're having a laugh!!!

Unfortunately no British riders are good enough, Id say a gp series without any british riders would save initial embarrasement. wait 2 or 3 years for people like Tai Woffinden and Josh Auty and Ben Barker to mature.

No British riders would be an embarrassment, but a huge kick up the arse to the Brits. Currently we are pretty much guaranteed 1 or 2 places in the GP... when our boys have to race for it properly like the Slovenians/Russians or any other nations which have had GP representation through qualification then the better! At least we will see proper ambition, currently the impression I get is "I'm the top Brit, i'll get in".... you can bet your bottom dollar that Matej Zagar has never ever had that attitude! (I think I found another rider more deserving of a shot than Scott).

And balls to whoever said Hampel would fall apart outside Poland, he's a proven world class performer

Guest Ashie Smashy
even when Harris passed a rider millard missed it and only clocked it when on the last bend of the last lap!!Tha only thinhg scott did was to ram into Harris in their last rides as if to say" if im having a rubbishe night you aint gonna have a good one either"!!!! Great!!!

Yep, reminiscent of the run off last season. The only time Nicholls shows any aggression is against Harris.

Yep, reminiscent of the run off last season. The only time Nicholls shows any aggression is against Harris.

Thats because he the only rider he can get close to

2 rounds down and the best Scott and Bomber will be trying for now is qualification for next seasons gp`s. The longer this goes on the more set-ups they will try and then they take risks that they dont usually take.

We would all want them to do well, Scott has more pressure on him as he gave up the british scene to concentrate on the gp`s. It was Cardiff last season before they won a race, could be the same this time .I hope they can turn it round but this could be 1 hell of a long season for them both.

Any one have any idea how much it costs them to be in the gps because at present it must be a fantastic way to lose money.Also how the hell are they so far behind all the time sometimes its nearly the length of the straight , surely their bikes cant be that bad.Best they both give up the gp's and go back to grasstrack as they were both pretty good on that.

Harris can't gate so stands no chance.

He has had some good GPs but isn't consistent enough. So for that matter has Nicholls.

Totally out of his depth. Nicholls made a howler dropping EL speedway. If he says he isn't missing it we should rename him Pinochio.

I agree, though it begs two questions: why does that apparently work for other riders, and how would returning to EL actually help Nicholls improve his game? Is he not getting enough decent competition, because there aren't be too many top level riders here to sharpen his game if he did! :rolleyes:

He has had some good GPs but isn't consistent enough. So for that matter has Nicholls.

I agree, though it begs two questions: why does that apparently work for other riders, and how would returning to EL actually help Nicholls improve his game? Is he not getting enough decent competition, because there aren't be too many top level riders here to sharpen his game if he did! :rolleyes:

Lindgren, Harris ,Hampel, Bjerre and Adams all ride in the elite league....what happened to them tonight...bizaare eh?

Thats because he the only rider he can get close to

Is this the best ever one liner? :lol::lol:

Problem is those two are our best 2, what are the rest going to do in World Cup in Leszno, could be lucky to get into double figures.

QUOTE (Rob B @ May 9 2009, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Problem is those two are our best 2, what are the rest going to do in World Cup in Leszno, could be lucky to get into double figures.

who says were getting to lezno :lol:

Rob Lyon has installed Nicholls as captain and inspirational leader how can Team GB fail :rolleyes:

They only have to beat Slovenia at Peterborough to get to Leszno.

Rob Lyon has installed Nicholls as captain and inspirational leader how can Team GB fail :rolleyes:
so who do you think should be then???

Lindgren, Harris ,Hampel, Bjerre and Adams all ride in the elite league....what happened to them tonight...bizaare eh?

...but the following don't. Any conclusions from 5 out of a field of 16 riding in the GP tonight?

Pedersen

Crump

Gollob

Hancock

Andersen

Jonsson

Holta

Nicholls

Walasek

Ulamek

Sayfutdinov

so who do you think should be then???