British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Something has to be done, I can't remember the last time I watched a GP and not heard the riders say how slick the track is and how its completely different to practice. What's the point in practice in the first place? I've always thought Ole sets the track up with certain riders in mind.

As Speedway fans we want to see racing at its best, that means grippy tracks with more than one bloody race line. The same guys will be in the mix but it will be a lot more entertaining and we may get more than two guys fighting for the title.

The guys either inept or has been ordered to produce' tracks' that keep the advertising visible...araid its all about image with SGP and NOT entertainment....Cardiff's my G.P swansong in as im bored by it all now...its not just about getting Olsen out but for the organisers to have a major re-think....i.e think about the paying public and not just Speedy Hire and Veidec!!

I get the sane response. However why don't we all e mail the Head of IMG Motrsports and let him know what we think. In a constructive manner of course!! Will be interesting to see if we get a response.

harry.horsley@imgworld.com

my thoughts have been sent, including the fact you can't e mail the Speedway GP Site.

Correct person to contact is Head of Motorsports-Rob Armstrong at rob.armstrong@imgworld.com

I would like to think that no one would send anything abusive.

I can't think running slick tracks is completely about the sponsors' logos, because the SGP seems to have hardly any these days. :D I think it's more to do with Olsen's belief that hard, slick tracks produce closer racing.

The fact that it's a total bore for everyone else, and that people are turning off as a result, doesn't seem to register. Ole is always right. :rolleyes:

Edited by Humphrey Appleby

It's funny, someone I know that was there said, "the track wasn't that bad" and "the racing was much better than last year"

I can't think running slick tracks is completely about the sponsors' logos, because the SGP seems to have hardly any these days. :D I think it's more to do with Olsen's belief that hard, slick tracks produce closer racing.

i also heard that Ole is afraid of accidents both for the riders sake but also because more serious accidents would cause delays in the tv schedule...

It's funny, someone I know that was there said, "the track wasn't that bad" and "the racing was much better than last year"

Did you agree with that?

The fact that it's a total bore for everyone else, and that people are turning off as a result, doesn't seem to register. Ole is always right. :rolleyes:

its not how many sponsors you have but the amount they are putting in B)

on a par with the elite then. only decent racing i have seen this year is national.

Did you agree with that?

To be honest yes. The latter part of the meeting produced some decent racing.

Could you remind me of that decent racing?

Mate my memory is awful! But just remember being more entertained during the latter part of the meeting, but that may have been the beer goggles!!

Look everyone knows the GP tracks are gonna be on the slick side is it not about time that set ups were developed to be able to pass on slcker surfaces. :unsure:

Well it's an interesting theory and I would not be at all surprised. Any evidence to support that idea? :unsure:

Could you remind me of that decent racing?

I was also there and whilst we knew it wasnt the best GP it also wasnt the worst-the atmosphere created by the Polish fans(must have been 98% Poles)was terrific and certainly helped make up the entertainment package.

Edited by racers and royals

Maybe we should let Bob Dugard prepare the GP tracks. :rolleyes:

its not how many sponsors you have but the amount they are putting in

How much are the sponsors putting in though? Sponsorship revenue seems to have been declining over the past few years, and now largely down to tourist boards and media 'partners'.

Interestingly, I note BSI has now vanished from the Companies register, to be replaced by a new company 'Benfield Sports Limited'. Their website has also gone offline with the message "Benfield Sports Limited has undergone a full group restructure".

Read into that what you will.. :wink:

Edited by Humphrey Appleby