British Speedway Forum
NathanB

Ashley Jones Memorial -now 24th June 7:30pm

Was already looking forward to this meeting when the provisional lineups were announced but the inclusion of Linus Eklof has added to the anticipation even more.

The "Legends" side is packed with riders who excel at the NA so it should be an interesting test for the Stars. Couldn't be much of a tougher debut for Eklof as well because he'll be unlikely to come up against another side this strong at Lynn all season. Also be great to see Kozza back in action after his cruel start to the season. He was looking really good on P&P so it will be interesting to see how he goes before the real action begins!

More importantly though, it's great to see this meeting remain on the Stars calendar (though horrible that it has to take place at all) and I hope it will continue to be held for years to come.

Hope the supporters turn up to honour the memory of Ashley and witness the start of a new Star's UK career :approve:

Just to let everyone know that can't get there, we are filming the meeting tomorrow night, so will be available on DVD.

It's looking like it's going to be a really action packed meeting, and of course there is the new Lynn signing Linus Eklof, be interesting to see him in his first outing with the Stars Team, and how he performs against the KL Legends, it's going to be a tough debut for him

we are about 15-20 mins away near swaffham and its fine here

Edited by DUKEYBOY

15 mins away here in Wisbech and unfortunately it started raining about 45 mins ago.Its not very heavy but it will be a cause for concern if it carries on.

Edited by tellboy

Anyone got another weather update?

Been dryand sunny all day, still looks clear but a few spots of rain around, 90% chance it will be on.

Just had a text from the track saying it is spitting but not enough to call it off.I will get a text if it is called off,but i will leave here around 7:00pm.

Raining heavy here now in Wisbech.By the looks of the rainfall radar at the met office it looks like it is heading in Lynn's direction.

I will still post if i get the dreaded text by 7:00pm

shame was looking forward to this one does anyone know if this is going to be reshedualed

shame was looking forward to this one does anyone know if this is going to be reshedualed

When Buster apologised to the crowd for having to call it off ( unanimous decision by riders and ref apparently ) he said it definately would be restaged but no date yet.

Edited by suzuki star 882

So now this is being staged on the 24th (fingers crossed) I wonder if the line-up will be the same. Looking forward to this meeting as I always do.

Silly re-staging date.

I'm away.

Silly silly silly. *sulky face*