British Speedway Forum

please Newport promotion can I have my hard earned money back after watching that pile of s***e!!! Track is shocking , riders were happy riding around inside on the base layer of the track! Nobody running the meeting had any get up and hurry up about them!

Might be time for the views of frosty and/or yes1 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Track was poor, constant track work to try and sort it but was OTT and did nothing, 4 or 5 passes all meeting. Took 40 minutes to run one heat, I know accidents can't be helped but come on, tell the riders to use their second bike.

please Newport promotion can I have my hard earned money back after watching that pile of s***e!!! Track is shocking , riders were happy riding around inside on the base layer of the track! Nobody running the meeting had any get up and hurry up about them!

Absolute farce. Took AGES to complete to complete and the racing and track were absolutely shocking. Fisher messing up the final pretty much summed my weekend up for me. Utter disappointment.

I really can't wait for next Sundays double meeting!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by Shadders

Just got home from this meeting and have to agree with others that it was a long drawn out meeting with very little passing on a track that was not prepared very well. Many people next to me left early as well and I doubt whether I will attend again. Very impressed with Jonas Andersson. Someone should sign him up pretty quickly. Nice to meet Tigerblade and Big Fat Dave for the first time today.

Very impressed with Jonas Andersson, was very unfortunate no to make the final I felt, especially when he got excluded after Kevin Doolan fell off on the inside of him, slid across the track and caused the Swede to run into the heap. Doolan also had the audacity to have a word with Andersson afterwards. Certainly the best of the Swedes on display today, and looked to ride a couple of tough first bends.

Lemon was the fastest rider on display but was done out of the starts in the 2 most important races.

I was well impressed with Jonas Andersson, and hope he gets fixed up in this country. I could hardly believe it when he was excluded when Doolan came off - nothing personal against him as such but how typical that he goes and wins the thing when he shouldn't have even had enough points for the final!

Now I'm not a Newport regular, but they do seem to labour through a meeting, last time I was there was the 2004 Welsh Open and that was pretty much the same, weatherwise, dust etc. Sometimes the really hot weather can be just as awkward as the rain.

Great to finally meet you too Stiltonpanther :)

As was mentioned today it was a very hot day and they are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea on the track. The promotion want to water it to keep the dust down for the fans yet the riders don't want it changing and want it kept slick. Who are they to please? It was a drawn out meeting mostly due to the numerous reruns of one heat, whos fault was that? Before the heat took place anyone who saw the line up could see it was like the final itself and the outcome was very important to the meeting.

Great to meet up with Big Fat Dave, welcome back to Wales and great to meet you.

Great pics as usual Denis, the meeting did drag on a bit ,not a huge amount of passing ,but some good racing as can be seen in your pics, Bill

Thanks for the comments Bill.

The crash sequence was probably my lucky timing, thankfully no rider seriously hurt.

Frampton can be seen in another photo being "moved" over.

Good rides by Lemon and Frampton today, facing some top class riders - long may their form continue. Pity the Fryer was unwell.

Just got back from Newport...........track was awful , meeting dragged on for far too long, many fans left early...............Kevin Doolan got up off the track 3 times !!

Kev wins the final. :lol::lol:

Kevin Doolan got up off the track 3 times !!

Put himself on it the one time and the referee excluded Jonas!

Put himself on it the one time and the referee excluded Jonas!

I disagree, but then i would................... :rolleyes:

Funny how a ref from Workington blatantly cheated doolan through heat 14 shocking decisions.

Great performance by Fish was faastest out the gate all day only to be slightly out done by Doolan in the final

he was leading all 4 attempts at heat 14 when it was stopped each time.

I really can't wait for next Sundays double meeting!!! :rolleyes:

No double meeting . This was changed weeks ago and the NL clash is scheduled for Friday July 31st.

Fisher rode well no doubt, but looks very much out of control at times. His move on Frampton after the final was bang out of order.

He is very exciting to watch, but pulls off some silly moves. It wont be long before an expierience "dirty" PL or even EL rider shoves him under the fence.

Also, Andersson was out on front of heat 14 when he took the other 3 wide and they ended up in the fence. I thought he should of been excluded for that but was left in. But the move with Doolan was a weird one.

I didnt see the fish - frampton "incident" i was filling out my program when i heard the crowd as frampton went into the fence.