British Speedway Forum

Not even sure why Fisher did it to be honest. Spoilt a brilliant day for him.

Andersson looks a good prospect and needs signing asap whilst Westlund looked to be OK but not worth 7 yet.

According to a Newport fan at the snack bar Andersson is in talks with Newport.

So what happened with Fish and Frampton? They were no where near eachother in the heat so why would there be bad blood?

According to a Newport fan at the snack bar Andersson is in talks with Newport.

Credit to you for having the bottle to name your source :rolleyes::lol:

Najjer you were very quick to put the knife in to C/M ref track prep even though you didn,t even attend the meeting.

Since your post was proven to be incorrect your apology to Colin seems to be taking a very long time to appear on screen

How about having some bottle and admit your mistake he hasn,t been responsible for track prep for at least 3 weeks :mad:

Track was poor, constant track work to try and sort it but was OTT and did nothing, 4 or 5 passes all meeting. Took 40 minutes to run one heat, I know accidents can't be helped but come on, tell the riders to use their second bike.

Crowd was good, can't see many rushing back.

Correction, One pass all meeting (Frampton passing Lemon for 3rd place in the final when Lemon drifted off the 'groove')'from 21 heats, from a decsent quality line up is shocking. This was with out dout the worst speedway meeting I've ever seen in 41 years of being a speedway supporter. I understand the problems of running on a hot Sunday afternoon, but 3 and a half hours to run the meeting tested the patiance and as has been said many left at the interval, I would have joined them but lived in the hope of some better racing but was dissapointed.Might I suggest that if this is the standard of the entertainment at Newport every week then that would be the reason that for the fans not turning up, and the reason Newport struggle. When you have a team of racers (Lemon, Frampton, Kerr) you have to give them a track to race on.

Well done Kevin Doolan, again you done the Workington fans proud!! made the journey home that bit better!! :D

As for Newport, the track preperation was 2nd rate no shale on it, and when we came in it looked like they hadnt even bother to water it!!! There was a massive blue groove on the track ive never seen a track prepared like it. It was a real shame as it had the making of a top meeting the big crowd the weather but to put on a top class meeting sadly seemed beyond them.

Its not very nice to see so many fans leaving before then end of a meeting :cry:

On a positive side the set-up at Newport is very nice, Airfence,and a nice clubhouse generally a tidy stadium.

But again i must say get in there Kev Doolan the king of Newport!

Edited by Stoney=Legend

Well always entertaining when go to Newport and yesterday was no different.

The track was an absolute disgrace, dust flying everywhere, water use being limited and a massive blue groove on both bends. The riders may well have rode on the M4!!

There was a couple of good races but most of it was 'gate and go'. Kevin Doolan certainly had a 'bee in his bonnet', going straight over to the impressive Anderson and Frampton after a couple of comings together.

On the whole it topped off a good weekend but lets hope they can find some more shale for next year!!

I'm still waiting for somebody to explain why Andersson was excluded after Doolan fell inside him and wiped him out?

I'm still waiting for somebody to explain why Andersson was excluded after Doolan fell inside him and wiped him out?

Because the referee was from Workington (and he'd drawn Doolan in the sweepstake).....nuff said!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Because the referee was from Workington (and he'd drawn Doolan in the sweepstake).....nuff said!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Dont be so daft, if youve ever been to a meeting at Workington when Stuart Wilson is the ref you will find that he normally makes calls against Worky!!

Doolan rode excellent and was a deserved winner at Newport yet again-!!!!

Still no one knows why the Swede was excluded :rolleyes: Terrible decision.

Edited by Silver Bee

Still no one knows why the Swede was excluded :rolleyes: Terrible decision.

Looked liked the Swede's fault from where i was standing...................from the other side of the stadium!

Looked liked the Swede's fault from where i was standing...................from the other side of the stadium!

How? :rolleyes:

How?