11. Kevin Doolan

12. Ty Proctor

13. Ryan Fisher

14. David Howe

15. Chris Schramm

16, Lubos Tomicek

20 heats with top 4 to Grand Final.

Bringing in a quality Polish lad, talk to me

Krzysztof Stojanowski, is a lovely lad, Pav Pavitt first introduced him to me on the forecourt of the Osbourne Garage in East Cowes. Young Stoj spent many hours learning the British lingo from the voice of many speedway chatlines Mr Bryn Williams. Many an evening were spent in Stoj's caravan in the Smallbrook car park, as Bryn Williams taught him all he needed to know to survive in this country!

I said to my good friend Pav Pavitt last night "Pav, that Stoj made the right move to quit riding for those Robins, spending too long in the company of Rosco Rossiter would have done the lads state of mind no good at all. He needs a real mentor, somebody who really knows how to manage a team. A Team manager who has bought success and trophies to every club he has managed. Yes Stoj needs to be taken under the wing of Main Man Rogers!"

"Main Man Rogers is the man to re-kindle Stoj's love of our great sport" agreed Pav Pavitt "I know that Timmy Mallett agrees with me"

Now as the successful proprietor of the TERRY TIBBS MOTOR COMPANY EUROPE LIMITED, I know a great businessman when I see one and that Timmy Mallett is an astute businessman! He knows the signing of Stoj will bring the armchair fans of South Wales flocking to back the stadium and not only that he has a nice little spot in the car park for Stoj's caravan!

You can fit 5 wives in the back my Rolls Royce, but you can't fit a massage table as well and Main Man Rogers does like a little oil massage before every meeting! Pop that trestle table in Stoj's caravan and pull the curtains Main Man Rogers can be oiled down by that buxom tanya.

A toned Main Man Rogers and fired up Stoj, will seduce the Newport public.

Stoj to win the Welsh Open and his signing to be announced by Timmy Mallett in front of the thousands who will flock to Queensway to witness The Stoj's historic win!

That's why they call me Terry Tibbs, thank you, goodnight and much love

Grant is included in the line-up to allow the Newport promotion the opportunity to assess him at this level for the 2010 season. He is not allowed to compete at PL or EL level on the visa he has but can be included in open meetings --as he was in the International 4's earlier in the season.

Grant is included in the line-up to allow the Newport promotion the opportunity to assess him at this level for the 2010 season. He is not allowed to compete at PL or EL level on the visa he has but can be included in open meetings --as he was in the International 4's earlier in the season.

Wise very wise Main Man. Fish will make light work of him though :P

Tibbs you used that ramble before too atleast make something new up

SOUTH WALES ARGUS WELSH OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP:

The Newport Speedway management have assembled a diverse range of riders with an international flavour to contest the 21st staging of the South Wales Argus Welsh Open Championship at Queensway Meadows on Sunday afternoon. The first race is at 1pm to accomodate the thousands of speedway fans from home and abroad who stay over in South Wales following the British Grand Prix at the Millennium Stadium, Cardiff the previous evening.

Much interest will be paid to two unknown 19-year-old Swedish riders Jonas Andersson and Andreas Westlund who - like many successful Scandinavian imports to British Speedway before - are showcasing their talents in the hope of landing a contract. It does give the Newport management an opportunity to take a very close look as the club weighs up its options for the rest of the Premier League season. Also making a special trip from their homeland to compete are Lubos Tomicek of the Czech Republic and Krzysztof Stojanowski from Poland. Tomicek rode for the Lakeside Hammers in the Elite League until last season while 'Stoj' as he is affectionately known rode for the Isle of Wight Islanders in the Premier League. Both will be keen to remind clubs of their pedigree and ability.

Past winners of an event first held 45 years ago at the former Somerton Park Stadium in Newport include thrice victor David Howe of the Scunthorpe Scorpions and Great Britain while Newport Wasp veteran Paul Fry would be a popular choice among home fans to mount the top step of the rostrum again. Also among the favourites to take the title will be Kevin Doolan of the Workington Comets and Australia who won the Prince of Wales individual tournament at the Newport circuit on March 15th. Other leading candidates who have finished in the top three in recent seasons are Leigh Lanham recently released by the Ipswich Witches and seeking a new team plus the Sheffield Tigers skipper Ricky Ashworth. Both are British. Besides Paul Fry the Newport representation in a competitive field will also involve Mark Lemon and Jordan Frampton of the Wasps plus Grant Tregoning of the Newport Hornets.

The meeting will be held on the traditional World Championship formula for 20 heats with all riders neeting each once in five starts over at least all four gate positions.

The top four scorers will then contest a 'Winner takes all' Grand Final as the 21st heat.

RIDERS IN DRAW ORDER AND BY NATION:

1. Paul Fry (GB) 2. Jonas Andersson (Sweden) 3. Mark Lemon (Australia) 4. Emil Kramer (Sweden) 5. Leigh Lanham (GB) 6. Krzysztof Stojanowski (Poland) 7. Andreas Westlund (Sweden) 8. Jordan Frampton (GB) 9. Grant Tregoning (New Zealand) 10. Ricky Ashworth (GB) 11. Kevin Doolan (Australia) 12. Ty Proctor (Australia) 13. Ryan Fisher (USA) 14. David Howe (GB) 15. Chris Schramm (GB) 16. Lubos Tomicek (Czech Republic).

Admission:

Adults £15 Concessions £12 Children aged 5 to 16 - £5 Children under five go free.

With a large crowd expected Newport fans are advised to arrive early to retain their favourite viewing position in the stadium. The turnstiles will open at 11.30am

Further club details on: www.newportwasps.co.uk plus further updates on the club hotline:

09068 664676(calls charged at 60p per minute). Raceday office number is 01633 278998.

well one and all have a great weekend . Off soon to Cardiff , then back to Newport for the NL clash Hornets v Saints at 7pm and back to Cardiff for a Magners or two!! :wink:

See you Sunday if you're not at Newport tonight --remember 1pm start for the Welsh Open

£15 adults, children 5-16 £5 Under 5 Free, Concessions £12. --just a reminder 1pm start.

Thanks for that, should be a good meeting with a decent line-up :)

Thanks for that, should be a good meeting with a decent line-up :)

Pretty good line-up in the stands for this one too - best get there early!! :lol::lol:

Beautiful weather this morning for a nice relaxing Sunday in the sun at Newport watching some good speedway action, a great way to end the Grand Prix weekend. And I hear a signing to be announced :rolleyes:

I hear a signing to be announced :rolleyes:

Yes, I've been appointed Official Interpreter for the upcoming TravelPlus Tour of Oztralia in January. :lol:

Seriously, this will be a cracker of a meeting, and going by Friday night's little post-meeting practice session a couple of young Swedes may be in the mix. B)

Does any one know if there are any updates from this meeting anywhere?

Doesn't look there are any updates - pretty sure this is normally always the case.

Good luck to Flyin' Ryan today, will also be interesting to see how Tomicek does - he really should walk it!

ashworth wont be at his best for this meeting after his injuries but i think he still has a chance.

good luck to all the riders n hope theres no injuries :D

Paul Fry ill - so replaced by Shelby Rutherford - who has since been replaced by Sam Hurst due to Rutherford having engine problems!

Edited by The Abbott

Paul Fry ill - so replaced by Shelby Rutherford.

woo hoo ... go cobra !!

- who has since been replaced by Sam Hurst due to Rutherford having engine problems!

ahhh pooo !!!

Edited by raddog