British Speedway Forum

I'm looking forward to catching up with you shortly, Blazeaway, you Pommy B. :angry:;)

PS If Nicki was going in a straight line he would have gone straight into the airfence. :approve:

I reckon Emil should be praised for taking out Nicki's back wheel thus saving him from further injury. :rolleyes:

Not doing Cardiff now mate, you'll have to let me know your tour details so we can meet up.

Not doing Cardiff now mate, you'll have to let me know your tour details so we can meet up.

Almost everything is finalised, all will be revealed short & fatly. :lol:

Almost everything is finalised, all will be revealed short & fatly. :lol:

:approve:

It was absolutley heartbreaking to see Scott crouching in the corner with his head in his hands. Let's hope a few more meetings for Coventry will help and that his next GP will be a better one. Scott is a far better rider than he has shown in the GP's so far and once he gets his head sorted, the real Scott Nicholls will reappear.

Must agree with you there,it was heartbreaking to see him,it brought a lump to my throat.he rode so well at coventry on bank holiday monday.and was hoping that his confidence for the gps was back,he is such a fantastic rider,and i hope he sorts out whatever problems hes got.bless him.

Actually ... and this is the point..... Nicki P went from behind him to almost past him in a second or less....... but he didnt do it cleanly.... Emil didnt change direction..... and Nicki clearly decided to ride the man and shove Emil out (not for the first time this season) rather than make sure he went into the bend cleanly

Spot on !

Edited by zonkers

I would liked to have seen it!!

Bloody Sky put and advert on right across the screen so we couldnt see anything!!! CRAP!!!

What do you mean? We recorded it on Sky and it was fine...... :unsure::blink:

Nicki was going in a straight line and Emil turned into Nicki's back wheel. A tough descision for the ref IMO, and an incident where no single rider was at fault. But if push came to shove and I had to exclude someone, I would have excluded Crump. :P

http://svtplay.se/v/1576932/finalen_fick_brytas_efter_krasch

In my eyes Nicki was on his line going from the inside to the outside and as he started to turn he took the russian out. There's the SVT footage of it. Wait for it until it shows it from the camera on the up instead of front.

http://svtplay.se/v/1576932/finalen_fick_brytas_efter_krasch

In my eyes Nicki was on his line going from the inside to the outside and as he started to turn he took the russian out. There's the SVT footage of it. Wait for it until it shows it from the camera on the up instead of front.

Watched it again and still think Crump should have been excluded. :wink:

Nicki's line did not change the Ruski was looking for him all along the straight.

Nicki's line did not change the Ruski was looking for him all along the straight.

I think I'd be looking if I had Nicki Pedersen powering up inside me going into the bend and probably thinking, bloody hell what do I do now, where do I turn, the fence is looming up arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ................ wouldn't you Blazeaway?

I think I'd be looking if I had Nicki Pedersen powering up inside me going into the bend and probably thinking, bloody hell what do I do now, where do I turn, the fence is looming up arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ................ wouldn't you Blazeaway?

the answer is simple. release the throttle a bit let Nicki pass and then try to go on Nickis inside.

NO ONE forced Emil to stay on Nickis outside. Emil should have backed off earlier and realized that Nicki had passed him.

I think referee decisions like this might take away riders intrest in trying to make a pass since if there is contact they will get excluded. Sure Nicki was only 95% ahead of Emi but the last 20-30 centimeters should not matter. A rider should realize that he is passed and should act accordingly to that. It would be different if they both were side by side but that was not he case here.

Nicki was first into the corner and should be allowed to choose which line he want.

the answer is simple. release the throttle a bit let Nicki pass and then try to go on Nickis inside.

NO ONE forced Emil to stay on Nickis outside. Emil should have backed off earlier and realized that Nicki had passed him.

I think referee decisions like this might take away riders intrest in trying to make a pass since if there is contact they will get excluded. Sure Nicki was only 95% ahead of Emi but the last 20-30 centimeters should not matter. A rider should realize that he is passed and should act accordingly to that. It would be different if they both were side by side but that was not he case here.

Nicki was first into the corner and should be allowed to choose which line he want.

:approve::approve::approve:

IMHO the referee was correct, since I cannot for the life of me, and with over 40 years watching our fabulous sport, see how Nicki Peeeeeedersen was the cause of the race being stopped

Yes, it was sad to see Scott Nicholls struggle so much, it is beyond belief that he is so far off the pace

As far as Chris Harris is concerned, a terrific win in heat 1, and track conditions probably caused him to drop two or even three points later on - certainly he was not out of his depth, although like others on that "track", when at the back there was very little hope except for errors from those in front

At last someone else can see what I have been saying for years, the reason he rears and centre punches so many riders in the corners is because he rides with a straight right leg. This makes it difficult to shift body weight to steer the bike correctly. Have a look at some older photos of previous top class and world class riders, all have bent right knee, that enables you to push down on the footpeg and give you leverage to shift weight back and forth on the bike and turn it quickly. Nicki is very fast, but sorry thats all I can say about him, as far as a good speedway rider, nah, think back to some of the greats, PC, Ivan, Ole, Phil Crump, Ove Fundin, Michael Lee, Dave Jessup, Bruce Penhall, Erik Gundersen, Hans and many many others, how often did you see them come off their bikes, it was a rareity. This bloke is off nearly every GP at some stage or another, either himself or causing a fall from being out of control.

For those on here old enough to have seen some of those names as mentioned above you will know what I mean. For just pure control and smoothness, I have to say Ivan and Ole were poetry in motion. He may have won 3 titles, but to mention Nicki in the same context as probably all the names above as far as being a speedway rider in the total sense, is insulting to say the least.

I know exactly what you are saying and to some extent I agree .......... but the issue here is also that with the exception of Hans Nielsen none of them rode a laydown engine.............. imo the laydown can make the most green novice look like an expert ... whereas the upright seemed to create a large gap between the expert/proficient and the rest who quite frankly just wobbled............. I remember PL 2nd strings who still hadnt mastered the bike............. so those guys listed above I guess had a far harder task in mastering the bike anyway

Ive always been fascinated by Nicki's style and have found it interesting that we are now seeing the odd youngster come through with a similar style......... notably Ed Kennett...... although I dont feel that he skates across in the same way that Nicki does...........I vaguely remember his uncle having a not too disimilar style as well

I said recently in the context of Olsen's track prep that the history books will lie ....... I wouldnt go as far as to say that NickiP shouldnt have been world champion because his win in 2003 was thoroughly deserved........ and he is a modern 'great' ....... but sadly recent years have been a world gating championship and speedway without dirt is an entirely different sport

I would have excluded Crump. :P

LOL :lol:

he certainly got a nice slice of 'world champion luck' the other night...... but it also has to be said that he rode a very clever and mature meeting

Must agree with you there,it was heartbreaking to see him,it brought a lump to my throat.he rode so well at coventry on bank holiday monday.and was hoping that his confidence for the gps was back,he is such a fantastic rider,and i hope he sorts out whatever problems hes got.bless him.

I agree also. I felt so sorry for Scott and it was hard to see him so down. I really hope he can find his form again soon.

Nicki flicking his wheel out again...