British Speedway Forum

Harris, well he rode well buut I feel most in the stadium were a bit disappointed it went to him. He has failed at so many levels and has reached as far as he is going to go. Well done to him but it would have been nice for the title to have gone to someone else. It is also very clear that Coventry have been manipulating the averages, as he hasn't shown this form for his club all season. yet on an individual level, when not being tied to what the management demand, he rides like this. I rest my case on that one.

Have to disagree there Steve, I was sat by Colin Pratt and we chatted quite a bit during the evening (as we do :wink: ) and when I said that Chris was going well tonight his reply was "Yeah, better than for us lately!" with a rather dispondent look. Not the sort of comment or look that told me it was anything else and I have known Colin for many, many years!

Huge congratulations to Bomber on his win tonight and a MASSIVE CONGRATULATIONS to Edward on coming second and securing the Wild Card for Cardiff again! Team Kennett are preparing for the weekend already! :lol:

Very good meeting. Excellent production from Sky.

Track was set up nicely with plenty of water on so it lasted the full 22 heats.

God knows where Harris got that gate from in the final. Kennett was excellent and looked the quickest on display. Came from behind when he had to as well. He needs to transform this form to the international stage now and he can go on to better things. He'll learn from Cardiff last year that he can't be so timid again and will have to ride the ruts and holes.

What the hell has Lyon done already appointing Nicholls captain. He looks shot and shouldn't be in the team let alone named as captain. Cock up from Lyon.

Good to see some passion about the meeting again.

Well done to Bomber, Kennett and Tai. Fantastic to see two former Rockets in the top 3 :D

Edited by Searley

Nicholls has no confidence at the moment and that is a real shame.

He wasn't helped by gate 4 and 3 in his opening rides.

Just got in so I have not waded through the 10 new pages added since I last read the thread.

Congratulations to Chris on abrilliant win tonight, He looked so much sharper than he has done all season for us. Long may it continue.

And mega congrats to Ed. Bloody brilliant.

It was a fantastic evening and I am really pleased we went rather than stayed home wathing TV.

Im sure someone has mentioned this but why NO National Anthem. Its our British Final for goodness sake - Either at the beginning or the end but not a glimmer of a beat!! Disgraceful - whether that be the fault of Sky with the presentation or Poole's error - im not sure. But terrible form

But that aside - brilliant night

Goodnight!!! :lol:

If you genuinely thought that was atrocious and unprofessional well I think the problem lies with you not them.

Just what do you expect? They're working for Sky who expect a certain style of commentary. You have the right not to like the style but to accuse them of being unprofessional is absolutely out of order.

Rob McCaffery.

Well said that man

OK Ladies & Gents, first post on here after lurking for a while. Excellent performance tonight from Chris H & Eddie K. Good boost for Coventry Fans no doubt. I think the riders made the best of a track that was ok for a time and made it look better than it was with their committment. They all seemed to be having to ride wider & wider to find grip after a while. Perhaps the Poole track man should look at the Scunthorpe v Sheffield meeting the other week for a few tips :unsure: Perhaps the BSPA should consider running the meet at a better track next year, there are several out there.

It would be nice to see Bomber kick on now, he is a joy to watch in full flight and if he could only learn to gate would be up there with the best. Obviously Eddie K's move to Coventry has done him a power of good after his unsuccesful stint at Poole a couple of years back. The lad looks like he is ready to take the next step onto the world stage and I look forward to his appearance at Cardiff.

As I said above both riders are a credit to their team & it just shows what a motivated promotion can do to a riders confidence. Richardson looked good until crunch time & where was Joe Screen? was he injured in anyway? He was certainly very poor tonight. As for Scott. Looked like the trouble of the world was on his shoulders.

On current form you would have to say the following have first dibs (in no order):

Rico

Harris

Woffinden

Kennett

Bridger

I agree. In fact I'd say that team almost picks itself. The question is - will Rob Lyons pick it or go with Scotty? It seems the right time for a change after last night.

Good enjoyable meeting to watch. Crowds wasn't great but £20 on a Wednesday night and the meeting live on Sky, with a free meeting at the stadium tomorrow, well what did they expect? Would have been good to let people in for a tenner to pack it out.

Racing was good as usual at Poole. The track is one of the best in the country and we are lucky that we witness this type of stuff every week.

Big well done to Eddie Kennett who rode sensibly and maturely to get that wild card. Commiserations to Tai, who told me afterwards he was thrilled with third. Bad luck to Richardson who blew it in the final.

Harris, well he rode well buut I feel most in the stadium were a bit disappointed it went to him. He has failed at so many levels and has reached as far as he is going to go. Well done to him but it would have been nice for the title to have gone to someone else. It is also very clear that Coventry have been manipulating the averages, as he hasn't shown this form for his club all season. yet on an individual level, when not being tied to what the management demand, he rides like this. I rest my case on that one.

Still, the fans that did turn up were entertained and by the sound of things it went down well with the majority of the armchair brigade.

Continual rubbish and the constant sniping is rather pathetic Bomber himself said he had been struggling and where is the significant average drop. A poor attempt to deflect criticism of your own team I am afraid although I do not blame them with the rules as such. Secondly broken bones is not a manipulation and if we are manipulating where is our signing ?

PS Well done on a Coventry 1 2 some silverware in the bag as usual.

No National Anthem !!?? Perhaps Poole haven't a need for it with their rider base over the lst few years !! :lol:

'Embarrassment to the forum' ?? Only one of those on here SS ! :lol:

SS - 'Racing like that every week' Lisa-Colette - 'easily the best race seen all season' so which is it guys n'gals .....

SS - 'Terrible Cov Track' - ask the riders SS and see what they say about Cov track !

Cheers

Well done Teddy on securing the Wild Card; I'm gutted that it's not Rico but them's the breaks. I was a little surprised that he went for red to be honest? :unsure:

As for the tv presentation, I'm firmly with the other Sky critics. Yet again it was the greatest meeting of all time and as for Cardiff, I counted more plugs than my local B&Q. Talk about insulting our intelligence. :rolleyes:

FWIW I totally agree with frigbo's proposed GB team. Pickles looks a pale shadow of a speedway rider at the moment. How long til he end up at Foxhall, I wonder?

My highlight of the night - Ricky Ashworth beating Bridger and keeping him out of the Top 6. BWAHAHAHAHA! :D

I couldn't give a stuff about the commentators or interviewers ..... I'm glad to have the opportunity to see Britain's best live on TV ..... Some people aren't happy unless they have something to moan about. :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree more some people are never happy.

nicholls vs king vs ashworth vs bunyan

and the GP star struggled :lol:

I did laugh......why do people constantly big him up to be something he's not.....? :rolleyes:

If you genuinely thought that was atrocious and unprofessional well I think the problem lies with you not them.

Just what do you expect? They're working for Sky who expect a certain style of commentary. You have the right not to like the style but to accuse them of being unprofessional is absolutely out of order.

Rob McCaffery.

what? is shouting professional then???

Edited by gary moore

This guy is an embaressment. Will someone from Coventry pop around and give him his medication. :D

Are you ever going to learn to spell?

Thicko!