British Speedway Forum

On current form you would have to say the following have first dibs (in no order):

Rico

Harris

Woffinden

Kennett

Bridger

That would be the way foward,but you can bet your last penny that Nicholls will be in there somewhere.On current form he shouldn't be anyware near the team.The bloke needs to take a long hard look at himself.

Are you ever going to learn to spell?

Thicko!

The day you make a comment that won't send the rest of us to sleep.

Harris, well he rode well buut I feel most in the stadium were a bit disappointed it went to him. He has failed at so many levels and has reached as far as he is going to go. Well done to him but it would have been nice for the title to have gone to someone else.

You spoke to most in the stadium to come to this conclusion?

What are ALL these other levels he has failed on?

He won it fair and square, on the track.

The day you make a comment that won't send the rest of us to sleep.

You always respond to my comments Mr thicko so I obviously don't send you to sleep!

That would be the way foward,but you can bet your last penny that Nicholls will be in there somewhere.On current form he shouldn't be anyware near the team.The bloke needs to take a long hard look at himself.

Unforunately agree. That bloke Lyons is out of his depth and has already made a howler in making Nicholls captain. An idiotic error. Will he have the courage to backtrack and take the captaincy from Nicholls, or continue with it to not lose face? I have a feeling it will be the latter.

Oh well hopefully he will fall on his sword after the SWC.

You always respond to my comments Mr thicko so I obviously don't send you to sleep!

You really are a miserable creature.

Well, I have to say that was an excellent meeting and all credit to Harris for winning the final.

I do feel a bit sorry for Richardson, as he looked good all evening.

Brilliant meeting though.

No he didn't - where was he in Heat 22?

Alot of people got the result they really wanted, seem just as pleased that Scott struggled than for Bomber who won the meeting. I am sure Scott can and will turn his form around, he hasnt become a bad rider overnight and people on here have there own opinions but i am sure that the only 1`s that matter to scott are of them close to him.

You spoke to most in the stadium to come to this conclusion?

What are ALL these other levels he has failed on?

He won it fair and square, on the track.

To be fair to Shovlar he probably was able to speak to most of the crowd.

It was easily the smallest crowd for any British Final. Didn't look to be much more than 1000.

Obviously the fans have started to boycott Poole already.

"Harris, well he rode well buut I feel most in the stadium were a bit disappointed it went to him"

Tongue in cheek? Not sure. If I not I do know you are wrong.

What excited me after the meeting was thinking about the poor meetings I have been to and seen on Sky this season and to realise that my best evening of speedway so far this season was provided solely by British riders. I know some people will down that by saying the "best riders in the world" are not involved, but to be honest I just want exciting, passionate, exillerating racing (which the Elite League by and large does not provide anymore IMO) and the Brits went and provided it. Whether they went round Wimborne quicker or slower than Crumpy, Adams, Pedersen etc matters not a jot to me - I just need it to be exciting!

Decent meeting last night. Kennett move on Harris was sublime and worthy of receiving the wildcard for that race alone.

Richardson looked good until he came up against a very determined Nicholls in his last qualifying heat, Nicholls took him out wide and he appeared to go in a sulk, just as he did when Eddie beat him on Monday, and appeared to still be affected by it in the final.

Enough has been said on Nicholls by myself on various different threads, but last night in his first 3 rides he was very upright, and looked more like himself when beating Richardson.

Bridger was very poor to not get a point in his last heat to get into the semi's, and looked a bit clueless when he missed the gate.

and onto Harris. Congratulations. Deserved winner. But he owes the bees some big performances now. Rarely this season has he looked so pumped up after winning races as he did last night. And whilst it was good to see, it did kind of reaffirm my opinion that he has become very self indulgent lately

"Harris, well he rode well buut I feel most in the stadium were a bit disappointed it went to him"

What excited me after the meeting was thinking about the poor meetings I have been to and seen on Sky this season and to realise that my best evening of speedway so far this season was provided solely by British riders. I know some people will down that by saying the "best riders in the world" are not involved, but to be honest I just want exciting, passionate, exillerating racing (which the Elite League by and large does not provide anymore IMO) and the Brits went and provided it. Whether they went round Wimborne quicker or slower than Crumpy, Adams, Pedersen etc matters not a jot to me - I just need it to be exciting!

Thats what its all about, entertainment, far too many Elite League snobs on the forum.

The reason I came to the conclusion that Harris wasn't the most popular winner was before the final the announcer said who is cheering for .... and both Kennett and Woffinden got a much better reception than Richardson and Harris. Most seemed to be rooting for Woffinden, due to being a youngster not affiliated with Coventry, and then Kennett. Harris was warmly applauded on his win but it certainly wasn't the people's choice of who they would have wanted to lift the title.

A very good meeting overall though.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I felt a bit sorry for Rico too, as he was the best rider of the night, right up till the race that mattered most.

Was really disappointed for Danny King though when he went through the tapes, although he was on gate 4 in that one it was one of his easier heats. Was a shame he didn't get to the semi finals as I felt he was one of the best 6 riders on the night.

A great nights speedway, well done to Poole, Sky and all the riders for a great nights entertainment.

Edited by London Witch