British Speedway Forum

Great Meeting. Now for next year how about the BSPA give us Northern fans the chance to attend. Hold the meeting at Sheffield (Pretty Central location,Neutral Track-for most) and lets have it on a Fri/ Sat Night to give people the chance to travel.

Isnt there an issue over airfences etc, plus some tracks dont put themselves forward as they lose out financially on such meetings, Poole isnt a bad venue although the fact it was a Wednesday did not help, it should be held on a weekend and as they are brits there should be no issue with them missing a foriegn league fixture.

Hmm, interesting! 2010 maybe.......... :wink:

It will cost you 80 k safrican american

Now for next year how about the BSPA give us Northern fans the chance to attend.

To be fair they have been moving around a bit. It was at Monmore a couple of years ago which is a doddle to get to, though I take your point about making it a weekend to give people time to travel without taking time off work.

*edit* typo

Edited by 21st century heathen

As I said to Sandie on the way out last night (nice to see you guys again btw :D), the lack of the anthem had passed me by. No excuses as I do agree that one should have been played. However...Nij our usual announcer was sick and so Clive came down to stand in for the night. It might have just been one of those things that went unnoticed out of that change of routine.

Danny King comes to mind and he should be given a chance even ahead of Scotty. New blood needed at this level with a view to the future so Danny ought to be in with a shout.

Good shout Laser.Danny would be worth a punt at the Showground horses for courses and all that.Looked very quick last night.

Strange the lack of an anthem.Especially when they play the Danish and German anthems before almost every meeting in those countries.Not only national championships.That is maybe a bit too much.But for the national title..... :unsure:

To be fair they have been moving around a bit. It was at Monmore a couple of years ago which is a doddle to get to, though I take your point about making it a weekend to give people time to travel without taking time off work.

*edit* typo

How about not having practice at Cardiff and holding the British Final the night before, top brits in elite and premier league based on say last two months of 2009 season and cut off date of mid june 2010. This would give them all the chance to ride at Cardiff and what a great weekend that would be? Well I can dream can't I :rolleyes:

I think it's quite obvious that Lewis needs some former world champion/world class rider in his pits as if you look at the youngsters such as Eddie who had John Davis (his future father-in-law) who was helping Rico as well plus Tai had Michael Lee a former world champion. Lewis needs a character like thgat e.g. Mark Loram possibly.

Well done Bomber and Eddie, at least I can where my Kennett jacket to Cardiff again :wink:

Thoroughly enjoyed the meeting.... Must say I thought it was bit strange not playing the National

Anthem at all.

Well Done to Bomber..boy did he enjoy that.

Good Luck to Eddie at Cardiff, he obviously knows he made some mistakes last time, he admitted

himself he had, so go get 'em Eddie.

Tai's time will come...probably next year if he keeps the progress going.

From a Witches perspective, Danny King did himself and the club proud...oh how he must be

rueing that tapes exclusion today.... nevermind Dumps... all part of the learning curve.

Oh...and I agree, selection for the WTC at Peterborough for Danny.... looked fast and smooth.

Felt for Scotty, obviously suffering from a complete lack of confidence, but he'll come back

strong again.

I have a feeling he may just do that next season. I think this season was a last ditch effort. Could be wrong though.

Scotty should quit the gp and come back to the elite league,a man has to know his limitations!

He's been 8th & 9th in the world for the last 2 seasons. That is his level but its still a high standard to achieve

Why cant the GB supporters get behind our riders and stop slagging them off. Maybe its part of his current problem. He is out of form but only 2 GP's have gone from 11. Nikki P is behind where he was last year too.

what impressed me tonight was the passion by the riders.Bomber was really up for it you could see what it meant to him. I have only seen him a few times

on tv but i liked watching jason bunyan. he seems to have a rather unusual style of riding.Anyway i really enjoyed the meeting best on sky for a while.Again thanks to all the riders for a fully enjoyable meeting

He's been 8th & 9th in the world for the last 2 seasons. That is his level but its still a high standard to achieve

Why cant the GB supporters get behind our riders and stop slagging them off. Maybe its part of his current problem. He is out of form but only 2 GP's have gone from 11. Nikki P is behind where he was last year too.

Currently he's 16th out of 15 but as you say he's got 9 to go :rolleyes:

Its not a shame at all,nicholls gave english speedway a miss for his pipe dream of the grand prix,how many has he ridden in without winning one 70 is it?hes the modern day andy smith,obsessed with the gp but no chance of winning it,he must have plenty of money to do what hes doing thats all i can say!

Your a nice chap aren't you ! You seem glad one of our GB riders is suffering a lack of confidence, upset that he alledgedly has enough money to miss the Elite league.

Supporters like you should support another sport.

I am also of the opinion that this was his last season to give it a real go, ok it hasnt worked out so far. I would like to see him stop them after this season, the time, effort and expence for what in return. The top boys are set in stone and cant see any change in that. He can ride over here then, do poland or where he likes and sit back and enjoy his speedway again.