British Speedway Forum
manchesterpaul

Cardiff - Latest Press Articles And Online Media

A cheeky sod too, he was clearly searching for a bargain in Primark too or he would have noticed the diversity of the fans!

On the rare occasions the Times has an article on speedway it is usually taking a swipe at the sport.

I'm very disappointed at a level of journalism normally associated with a teen magazine or the music press. I refer to the bizzarre attack on the people who attend - or more precisely the valuation of their wardrobe.

A similar report in a welsh newspaper's write up last year caused a storm (has there been a journo transfer?, must check the writers name )

Thankfully, for football's sake, reporters don't make a point of using up a fair part of their annual piece on describing the fans. Do you really want to hear a sterotypical description of a football fan?

The article refers to there being no mention of the event by the BBC and queries as to how many knew of it even taking place. Well, i'm pretty sure that sports readers of the Times never knew in advance.

Edited by manchesterpaul

On the rare occasions the Times has an article on speedway it is usually taking a swipe at the sport.

The article refers to there being no mention of the event by the BBC and queries as to how many knew of it even taking place. Well, i'm pretty sure that sports readers of the Times never knew in advance.

BBC teletext carried a report on the SGP.

Better late than never.

A similar report in a welsh newspaper's write up last year caused a storm (has there been a journo transfer?, must check the writers name )

Wouldn't have been Steve Tucker by any chance would it? The same idiot who has written a totally prejudiced report about Saturday?

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnatio...91466-17171495/

I wasn't even at Cardiff this year and I'm offended - so much so that I've emailed the editor. His address is alan.edmunds@mediawales.co.uk if anyone cares to do the same... Oh that poor Mr Tucker and his poor ears, having to suffer the bike engines a whole once a year... :rolleyes:

Wouldn't have been Steve Tucker by any chance would it? The same idiot who has written a totally prejudiced report about Saturday?

I wasn't even at Cardiff this year and I'm offended - so much so that I've emailed the editor. His address is alan.edmunds@mediawales.co.uk if anyone cares to do the same... Oh that poor Mr Tucker and his poor ears, having to suffer the bike engines a whole once a year... :rolleyes:

His column is called "FootballNation" which might give you a hint that his article is somewhat tongue in cheek.

Sadly, yes. Lee is a good writer and in a way that makes it worse!

His report says the pre meeting entertainment was 'bike acrobatics' - surely that was last year ?

Yep that's the rascal.

I've searched the site and can't find the latest article you refer to, i've even Googled for it, do you have a link to it?. I could do with contacting the editor and journalist (used in the loosest sense of the word) myself, but need to see the article.

Incidentally, apart from the editor, how about contacting Steve Tucker himself (please politely, don't fuel his wrongful misconceptions about speedway fans). On his 'authors page' he INVITES you to 'send him an email'

Authors page Steve Tucker - Email

His author profile on the site describes him and his remit as 'Steve Tucker is a writer who covers all aspects of Welsh football at both club and international level for online and all Media Wales products.'

Just did a very quick Google of his name and he seems to dislike most sports other than footie going by his articles - American Football being a particular target.

Edited by manchesterpaul

His author profile on the site describes him and his remit as 'Steve Tucker is a writer who covers all aspects of Welsh football at both club and international level for online and all Media Wales products.'

Just did a very quick Google of his name and he seems to dislike most sports other than footie going by his articles - American Football being a particular target.

Seems like a pretty decent guy then,who has obviously got a bum deal being Welsh and having to cover their football scene.No wonder he comes across as slightly bitter :P

I've searched the site and can't find the latest article you refer to, i've even Googled for it, do you have a link to it?. I could do with contacting the editor and journalist (used in the loosest sense of the word) myself, but need to see the article.

The link to the story was in my original post :wink:

Incidentally, apart from the editor, how about contacting Steve Tucker himself (please politely, don't fuel his wrongful misconceptions about speedway fans). On his 'authors page' he INVITES you to 'send him an email'

I actually tried that first but kept getting an error message each time I hit 'send', hence I moved on to the editor. Let me know if you get the email to send to ST himself (and make it vicious if you do :wink:).

Perhaps we could suggest that he rewrites that as the much more concise "Steve Tucker hates every sport except football"... :lol:

His report says the pre meeting entertainment was 'bike acrobatics' - surely that was last year ?

Am I missing something here - the actual article linked is dated 2006??!!!!! :unsure:

Am I missing something here - the actual article linked is dated 2006??!!!!! :unsure:

hmmm! indeed....which is why i asked for a link to the 'new' article