British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
paulboy

Parking At The Millennium Stadium

Can anyone help?

Last year used a Park & Ride which worked fine although a hell of a Q afterwards and I believe some people waited hours for a bus that never arrived.

This year I'm thinking of using the secure parking facility just the other side of the railway line. Has anyone ever used this before and, if so, whats it like getting out of Cardiff afterwards?

Any other parking suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :lol:

We parked in the NCP opposite the main pit entrance. The roads are closed for 1 hour after the meeting ends to allow pedestrians to leave the stadium safely. Its quicker to go park and ride unless you leave immediatly after the final and run to the car.

I just turned up last year and the service was very good, although I went all round the North of Cardiff on the M4 before heading back towards the centre (following directions).

We always park on North Road (A470), there is a long narrow car park about a 20-30 minute walk from the Stadium, on the right hand side as you enter Cardiff. It's adjacent to Bute Park. Usually arrive about 11.30 and there are plenty of spaces, it's also easy to get away afterwards, although we leave immediately after the last race to beat the worst of the traffic.

This year because of the earlier start time we are going by train (from Swindon), so that will be one more space up for grabs!

I just turned up last year and the service was very good, although I went all round the North of Cardiff on the M4 before heading back towards the centre (following directions).

We had to do that going home! Is there a quicker way out of the city?

There are many ways out, I have a little local knowledge (being form Newport and having worked in Cardiff) but to try and give direction would be nearly impossible. Basically, try and get to rover Way, then onto the B4239 and that'll get you to Newport and you should avoid the worst of the traffic.

I went East out of the city, rather than all the way round, and found my way out fairly easily despite having no local knowledge and just a road atlas for help. I think just follow the signs for Newport.