British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
fatface

Jason Crump 2004 World Champion

OK - I'll be the first to say it and I'll be the first to be shot down in flames if I'm wrong. But despite all the talk of problems in his head, problems with his team and this incident with the idiot who sent him the letter, Crumpy will win the title next year IMO.

Why? Because deep down, he knows he should have won it this year cos he is the best in the world. Nicki deserved it, but Crumpie lost it. If Tony R would have won it again, I think that would have affected him more, and he wouldn't be able to believe he was the best.

But I think Crump has the beating of Nicki and in 2004, the pressure will be all Nicki's with all the riders gunning for the World Champ. Crumpie is the man for me next year. :!:

what kind of an example to young children and to new fans would that be though?

a ginger world champ :!:

that would be a sad day indeed :-(

I'm in two minds over it Falcace.....I can almost see the runners up spot for him again next year with TR getting that ellusive crown.

Who knows though with any luck we will both be wrong and Scott Nicholls will win it! :lol:

a ginger world champ :!:  

lmao :lol: JJ a classic there from you m8 (sorry sick sense of humour, him indoors is a ginger and we call him the ginger sap!) :lol:

For me Tony is still the best rider in the world and will win the title back next year.

I also think that as much as I dislike the man Jason deserved the title this year, but will never win the title now.

As for Pedersen, the mans a cheat and simply holds onto the bike for his life. He has no control and will never win the title again. At least you can say Crump is a talented rider.

For me the likes of Crump, Sullivan and Adams are on the way down and will be replaced by Scotty, Andreas and Lukas Dryml. Tony's got another couple of top class years in him yet but the youngsters are on his heels.

For me Tony is still the best rider in the world and will win the title back next year.

I also think that as much as I dislike the man Jason deserved the title this year, but will never win the title now.

As for Pedersen, the mans a cheat and simply holds onto the bike for his life. He has no control and will never win the title again. At least you can say Crump is a talented rider.

For me the likes of Crump, Sullivan and Adams are on the way down and will be replaced by Scotty, Andreas and Lukas Dryml. Tony's got another couple of top class years in him yet but the youngsters are on his heels.

I totally agree. :)

I totally agree. :)

I don't.

How can Nicki Pedersen be a cheat who holds on to the bike for his life yet win the World title over a whole season. I feel a bit of team bias going on here, but fair enough. I'd use it too if I could, but I don't think Jason Crump is more on the wane than Tony Rickardsson. If anything he's (slightly) on the up and Tony is on the wane, having dropped to 3rd, though I do think there's at least one more title in TR.

On Falcace's comments it's certainly a valid point about Nicki winning rather than Tony. I predicted Jason Crump would be World Champ within two years. That was 2 years ago. He wasn't. I could say 'oh well, I actually meant 3 years', but I won't. Oh, sod it, yes I will.

Jason Crump - World Champion 2004, as I predicted.

Who knows though with any luck we will both be wrong and Scott Nicholls will win it! :lol:

not a chance Nicholls is useless - he can't even beat the mediocre Berwick PL riders!

not a chance Nicholls is useless - he can't even beat the mediocre Berwick PL riders!

Should I be daring and react to this the way I want to, or should I be nice,sit on the fence and not cause any ripples....oh what the hell, lets show near to my true colours for once and stop being the nicey nicey one.....JJ, how many Berwick riders are in the GP series? Riders are people, and we all have off nights, rather than slating your fellow countrymen, how about getting behind them (not literally!) and supporting them. Scott has done very well this season, he's improved his standing in the GP'S and also been a one man team at Ipswich, so lay off.....and no, Scotty is not my favourite rider but he is in my top 5.

OK, maybe not upto my usual tirade that I can do, but not bad for someone who is usually one the more reserved forum members, believe me, I can shout and scream with the best of them.....you just have to push the right buttons. :lol:

Yeah but in fairness JJ, the Berwick track is the most processional track I've ever been to. The only passing last night was from Chris Harris. If the likes of Leigh Adams & Scotty can't make ground, I think it says something about the track...if you can't gate, theres no point in trying around Shielfield. (unless you're name is Chris Harris) :P

no no no read this

speedway is about tracks like berwick,sheffield,workington,ashfield,swindon,somerset and kings lynn where you have to use skill and speed to race not rely on others mistakes.

there is no way you can say berwick, workington, swindon etc are processional now can you :?: :lol::lol::lol:

would have been interesting to see these top guys at Brough Park, Bjerre has already beaten Nicholls around Ippo, and could whup fat joe around Belle Vue without a doubt, Adams would be a difficult prospect so there would be some competition there.

British Speedway is in a bad way though when Nicholls and Simon Stead are two of the most hopefulls that is for sure :-(

how many Berwick riders are in the GP series?

two, Josef Franc and Michal Makovsky are GP Stars 8)

how many Berwick riders are in the GP series?

two, Josef Franc and Michal Makovsky are GP Stars 8)

Josef Franc, 1 point from 1 wild card entry...hardly a GP star and Makovsky doesn't even feature in the stats for this years GP stats.

Scott is on a learning curve and is improving all the time, he is still young and can still do well, plus the fact, I have to support and defend him as he is the local lad.

Keep trying, you will eventually push the right buttons :D

Should I be daring and react to this the way I want to, or should I be nice,sit on the fence and not cause any ripples....oh what the hell, lets show near to my true colours for once and stop being the nicey nicey one.....JJ, how many Berwick riders are in the GP series? Riders are people, and we all have off nights, rather than slating your fellow countrymen, how about getting behind them (not literally!) and supporting them. Scott has done very well this season, he's improved his standing in the GP'S and also been a one man team at Ipswich, so lay off.....and no, Scotty is not my favourite rider but he is in my top 5.

OK, maybe not upto my usual tirade that I can do, but not bad for someone who is usually one the more reserved forum members, believe me, I can shout and scream with the best of them.....you just have to push the right buttons. :lol:

Well said Crazysue!!!!

Ok so Scott didnt have the good meeting at Berwick! Even the top riders have off meetings. Scott Nicholls could well be World Champ in 2004 IMO ;)

Scott Nicholls is currently the twice over British Champion, 4th in the EL averages, 7th in the GP series, a fantastic racer, and great with fans and media alike.... If more riders like Scott would mean British speedway is in a bad way, then let the bad times roll!!