British Speedway Forum

Our group were in the top tier 3rd bend, and we had to move in the end to avoid the family from hell. :mad: They were English, the father was almost comotose from the off, his wife was steaming spilling drink everywhere when trying to dance waving a flag. We had to move all our stuff to stay dry, and were constantly getting splashed. Also i assume it was the guys mother was just as bad, up, down, up, down carrying cardboard trays of 5 pints. They then proceeded to throw their rubbish down the terraces hitting an old lady on the head, they were laughing all the time, as were their kids. Eventually a female steward was summoned to try to calm them down, but by that stage they were just about asleep.

Moving seemed the only option to keep my daughter and friends safe. Still enjoyed the meeting tho, but we had to move away from some old friends from Cradley which was a shame. I agree that alcoholic drink should only be allowed in the bar areas, and leave the rest of us to enjoy the event in peace.

Ps, we were in the family ticket zone aswell. :angry:

We were in the middle tier on the 4th bend and sat in pools of beer the whole time from the drunk Poles behind us. Couldn't put anything on the floor as it was swimming dropped the programme in it, ruined £8 down the drain literally!

Its a shame that alcohol seems to ruin what should be a great day out and if speedway wants to pride itself as a familly sport then hopefully something will be done but I wont hold my breath.Im sure if you look back at the threads from last years Cardiff GP Id bet much the same kind of thing was posted then.

People enjoying a drink is no problem but unfortunately some people dont know when enough is enough.

Guest Ashie Smashy
The stewards are a loads of jumped up thugs.

Yep, we get them at the City Gground. Most of the stewards are nothing more than hired knuckle dragging thugs with no brains. As an example, they try and force you to remain seated at the CG which is fair enough, but when people in front of you stand up, you have to stand to see. So the moron stewards start telling people at the back to sit down, and when you point out you can't see anything unless they get those in front to sit down they threaten you.

BSI should hire this crew for the Cardiff GP next year :wink:

(picture from a league match in Bydg)

As for the drunk Poles at speedway... to be honest I think that Poles and Brits have an equally bad reputation when it comes to sport & alcohol consumption :rolleyes:

Edited by Mateusz

Just wondered what peoples thoughts are on banning the sale of Alcohol at the Stadium?

Each year there seems to be more and more trouble and yesterday there was a big ruck on the top tier with stewards wading in and trying to stop iot and eject some. it carried on throughout the meeting.

Now i like a drink and i know this will set off a few people whinging but is it right that others have to put up with this?

From where i sat there were a few drunken groups trying to wind up other drunken groups and at one point the kids who were around me were getting pretty scared.

I agree with the old adage of why should the rest of us suffer because of the few, but i have been through it at footballl and it really isnt an issue these days, everybody knows the rules and thats that.

lets be honest, there is enought time for a drink in Cardiff pre meeting,

You can buy beer at cricket matches, albeit at a price, and everyone is usually quite civilised. Does anyone really abuse the privilege at speedway GPs? And how do you know they weren't already drunk before they got in the stadium?

Didn`t go this year as I was not having my kids put up with pissed Poles urinating where they were sitting like last year.They act like animals.....and no,I`m not rascist in any way beforethe PC mob start.

You can buy beer at cricket matches, albeit at a price, and everyone is usually quite civilised. Does anyone really abuse the privilege at speedway GPs? And how do you know they weren't already drunk before they got in the stadium?

Andy, have you read all the other posts on this thread ?

I think you will find that yes, it is abused !

I went to Twickenham a few weeks ago for the Sevens. On the Sunday one end of the ground was for beer, fancy dress and partying. The other end was families only. Worked really well. Not forgetting England won the tournament!!

We was sitting 2nd bend at the front of middle tier and we had all our bags drenched. Me and my mum had to hold onto our bags from around heat 8. Some family next to us split their drink and didnt seem to care, so we spent time trying to make room for our bags then someone behind us split their beer and it was like a river. Our clothes stunk of beer as it came onto the back of our seats.

Andy, have you read all the other posts on this thread ?

I think you will find that yes, it is abused !

Yes, but I still saw no evidence to suggest the people concerned were not already well gone before they got in the stadium. Rather than banning alcohol in the stadium it would be much more effective to refuse entry to people who look drunk and potentially disruptive before they get to their seats.

Didn`t go this year as I was not having my kids put up with pissed Poles urinating where they were sitting like last year.They act like animals.....and no,I`m not rascist in any way beforethe PC mob start.

Oh, I guess they must have seen some British tourists who were urinating all around the old square in Krakow before that :P

I have seen a lot, both in Poland and in the UK, and won't change my mind - Poles and Brits are equally bad when drunk. Of course some of them, I do not mean everyone.

Edited by Mateusz

Yes, but I still saw no evidence to suggest the people concerned were not already well gone before they got in the stadium. Rather than banning alcohol in the stadium it would be much more effective to refuse entry to people who look drunk and potentially disruptive before they get to their seats.

Of course they should be refuesed entry but that doesnt happen. Granted some turn up pissed already but i dont think them being allowed to chuck more pints down their throats is going to help much is it?

Of course they should be refuesed entry but that doesnt happen. Granted some turn up pissed already but i dont think them being allowed to chuck more pints down their throats is going to help much is it?

No, but that prevents the decent well-behaved majority enjoying a drink because of the behaviour of a minority. If it were a well-publicise condition of entry that no alcohol could be brought into the stadium and that anyone giving the appearance of being drunk and/or disorderly would be refused access, people would moderate their behaviour.

The decent well behaved people who enjoyed a drink before the event wouldnt suffer through a policy of banning those drunk at the turnstiles as they would be sober and well behaved. Only those that go ott and cant hold their drink would suffer.