British Speedway Forum

I agree about the alcohol problems to a point, and I feel sorry for those who had to endure problems caused by it. However, the stewards have a job to do, and should refuse entry to those who are obviously drunk. We saw one guy, stripped to the waist with graffitti written all over his torso, doing acrobatics on the railings in the food concourse, and the stewards did nothing.It is intimidating, although personally, I couldn't give a toss, but for the very young and the senior fans, it isn't on at all. You can't blame all the Poles for the problems. We met loads, and they were all very friendly.

Did seem to be more drunks this year than previous...more Poles?? :shock: glad we didn't get the last train back to Swindon, unfortunate for the guy with the frightened kid...drove instead 3 hours there half that time back!! bloody motorway hold-ups. :mad:

There will always be a minority of drunken idiots spoiling people's fun but the many Poles round us were good-natured, chanting Leigh Adams name as I was wearing my Swindon shirt.

Both last year and this year I had Poles all around me and nothing major to report, all very jolly and enjoying the Speedway although a few sheets to the wind it has to be said, how do they afford it???

I did have a woman nearby who continued to pour red wine from a bottle in her bag!!! it was like she had that bag from Mary Poppins where you reach in and hey presto, more wine came out!! :lol:

Journey home was fine, already looking forward to next year!!

you paid for your seat and your view ,does'nt give you the right to block someone elses view .your the idiot you should be ashamed of yourself waving a Danish flag and booing British riders at the british GP . what a pillock you are

I wasnt blocking his view. He was unhappy at seeing Danish flags waved in support of Hans.

If i want to support a Dane i will, as for your "british" rider pish im a Scotsman. They were playing "come on England" what do you want me to do get up and sing? HA seems your the idiot. Its ok for the Union flag to be waved but not for any others.

I had a woman in front of me waving her Aussie flag eachtime Crump was out didnt bother me in the slightest as that was who she was there to see.

So as i say seems your the idiot that cant accept that i wasnt cheering on the English.

COME ON HANS.

Edited by Snyper1010

Never seen any trouble whatsover all day . Had a cracking couple of hours at the Prince of Wales with loads of wonderful people , followed by an enjoyable GP watched from the back straight .

I just love Cardiff .

The sooner Scotland becomes independent the better then we can keep arseholes like you the other side of the border , and all the money we save by not having to subsidise idiots like you can be invested in our own sportsmen . of course you would have to wave a Danish flag because thers no Scottish riders for you to support . What a digrace to Edinburgh speedway you are .

What does my club have to do with who i support in a GP?

As for all this subsidising pish dont start with the political lies.

You cant answer me properly so you insult me. The lass that i was waving the flags with and cheering with was infact English. Disgrace on her for daring to support anyone other than the "british" riders.

So are you going to stop acting like a big kid and tell me why i shouldnt be allowed to support a Dane?

Just for your info i will also be supporting the Danes over the English in the World Cup.

Never went to Cardiff htis year, but I've been in the past and found drunk and sweary people highly irritating and there in large numbers. Don't understand why they do it personally, and it does make it uncomfortable if you're there with small kids.

As for Snyper's comments - well I often find his anti-English stuff a bit grating, but have to say that if we're supposed to be TeamGM and the meeting is in Wales, then it's pretty obvious that some Welsh and Scottish people might be a bit narked at a "Come on England" mentality. For once I can actually see his point.

Grachan i have to correct you i aint anti English. Im anti british/union. I have absolutely nothing against the English i just dont supoort them.

I thought Cardiff was about speedway and a great atmosphere. If you need to have a drink to enjoy it then I suggest you have a problem that requires treatment

Would you like a biscuit with your cup of tea vicar... :rolleyes:

I am just completly shocked at all of the beer spillage, such a waste!

Never went to Cardiff htis year, but I've been in the past and found drunk and sweary people highly irritating and there in large numbers. Don't understand why they do it personally, and it does make it uncomfortable if you're there with small kids.

As for Snyper's comments - well I often find his anti-English stuff a bit grating, but have to say that if we're supposed to be TeamGM and the meeting is in Wales, then it's pretty obvious that some Welsh and Scottish people might be a bit narked at a "Come on England" mentality. For once I can actually see his point.

I've not got the Scottish chip on my shoulder in any way shape or form , but even i was getting increasingly irritated by the continual " Come on England " . It was , if i'm not mistaken , the British GP ( and i am proud to be British ) . I'm sure the Welsh people in the crowd must have felt the same as me .

Err I think you'll find the 5 "home" riders at Cardiff were all English & lets face it the only reason the GP is held in Wales is because of the size of the stadium, We all know that if BSI could get it the GP would be at Wembley

It was , if i'm not mistaken , the British GP

Indeed. It is the BRITISH GP. Very poor show if you ask me.

Err I think you'll find the 5 "home" riders at Cardiff were all English & lets face it the only reason the GP is held in Wales is because of the size of the stadium, We all know that if BSI could get it the GP would be at Wembley

We all know that do we? How are you so sure? Cardiff is the home of the British GP simple as that.

What does my club have to do with who i support in a GP?

As for all this subsidising pish dont start with the political lies.

You cant answer me properly so you insult me. The lass that i was waving the flags with and cheering with was infact English. Disgrace on her for daring to support anyone other than the "british" riders.

So are you going to stop acting like a big kid and tell me why i shouldnt be allowed to support a Dane?

Just for your info i will also be supporting the Danes over the English in the World Cup.

would it be possible for me to vote for the SNP as the sooner we get shut of you lot the better .There are of course a number of Edinburgh supporters this does not apply to. Not least Mike Hunter who is a credit to Scotland and Edinburgh speedway unlike you . If you wish to support a Dane that's fine by me but booing English riders and waving Danish flags at the british Gp with the intent of winding up the people who are there to support the home countries riders is not . And yes the English girl waving a Danish flag was a disgrace as well

I have to agree with those who were offended by 'come on England'. As they have all said, it was the British GP not the English GP, no matter who is riding in the team.

Don't know why Snyper hates British riders even more because of it though, they didnt play the songs!

One thing I also think is questionable is the need to sing the Welsh national anthem at the British GP. I've nothing against the Welsh and I know it's held in Cardiff, but Wales is part of Britain and it's the British GP, so surely just the British anthem is all thats necessary.

would it be possible for me to vote for the SNP as the sooner we get shut of you lot the better .There are of course a number of Edinburgh supporters this does not apply to. Not least Mike Hunter who is a credit to Scotland and Edinburgh speedway unlike you . If you wish to support a Dane that's fine by me but booing English riders and waving Danish flags at the british Gp with the intent of winding up the people who are there to support the home countries riders is not . And yes the English girl waving a Danish flag was a disgrace as well

I am English and support the Danes over the English every year. I support Nicki, Kenneth and Bjarne (when he was in the GP) as I was lucky enough to be able to watch and meet them many times when they rode for Newcastle. I was waving a Danish flag on Saturday and booing Scott Nicholls but never had a problem with anyone around me, got a few wry smiles from a number of people and evryone had a good laugh, that is how it is supposed to be. I cant ever remember watching Scott race other than in the GPs, has he ever been this far north?