British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NJT

Pre Gp Races

How did the Under 15's get on at Cardiff yesterday?

Race 1 500's Dingle won

Riders,

Howarth

Ritchings

I anson

Dingle

Ritchings made the gate off 4 and lead comfortably for a few laps till his motor expired.

250,s not sure but there were 3 tape touches and restarts then a faller required medical attention so Ollie Olsen pulled the plug and cancelled any further activity.

250,s not sure but there were 3 tape touches and restarts then a faller required medical attention so Ollie Olsen pulled the plug and cancelled any further activity.

First start in 250's back to tapes with Reece Downs excluded presumambly for touching the tapes, rerun Brandon Freemantle comfortably in the lead, on the 3rd lap (i think) looked like Nathan Stoneman ran into the back of Robert Lambert and high sided, from what we've heard at Newport, injured his hip/thigh and chipped a bone in his arm. Well done to Brandon and hope Nathan recovers from any/all injuries soon.

First start in 250's back to tapes with Reece Downs excluded presumambly for touching the tapes, rerun Brandon Freemantle comfortably in the lead, on the 3rd lap (i think) looked like Nathan Stoneman ran into the back of Robert Lambert and high sided, from what we've heard at Newport, injured his hip/thigh and chipped a bone in his arm. Well done to Brandon and hope Nathan recovers from any/all injuries soon.

I particularly wanted to se the sports future talent and was appaulled that the referee who I assume was the meeting ref excluded a ten year old lad who was effectively in a demonstration race.

How Reece felt after the travel, build up to the whole meeting I just don't know. Surely at the very least he could have been given a ride off 15 metres.

Whoever excluded the lad for a tape infringement that hardly any one saw shouldn't ever be allowed to ref a tiddly winks competition in future.

Does anyone know who the ref was? :cry:

i was disgusted at poor reece been excluded ,, he must have been gutted poor lad

i spoke to his dad earlier on in the day ,, they had mechanical gremlins at practise & reece didn't get time to have a practice ,, then for some jobs worth to exclude the kid ,,, well words fail me ,, i really felt for the kid

hope the kid who got hurt is ok

then for the powers that be to cancel the rest of the young ones having there next rides ,, so we could watch someone ponce about pretending to be Freddie mercury ,, not once but twice ,and the other rubbish we had to endure ,, well ...... i was spitting feathers ,, i payed to watch the speedway not the so called 'fill in ' entertainment ,, hope they sort it out for next year ,,, im a speedway fan & want to see speedway ...... rant over

Edited by pudding

then for the powers that be to cancel the rest of the young ones having there next rides ,, so we could watch someone ponce about pretending to be Freddie mercury ,, not once but twice ,and the other rubbish we had to endure ,, well ...... i was spitting feathers ,, i payed to watch the speedway not the so called 'fill in ' entertainment ,, hope they sort it out for next year ,,, im a speedway fan & want to see speedway ...... rant over

It wasn't you ponceing about like Freddie Mercury was it Jeff? :lol:

Speedy recovery to the lad who was injured, looked a nasty one.

What an experience it must be for the lads to have a spin at Cardiff, something for them to remember all their lives and tell their grandkids.

Thought the refereeing was a bit harsh, the poor lads must have been bursting with excitement and to be excluded for tape touching was too strict. Surely common sense should have prevailed and the lad could have had a warning and been allowed to continue in the race.

Like the other posters, I too would much rather have watched a few more heats of the youngsters than some frilly person tied to a balloon. Very unfair on the lads to cancel their races and we speedway fans missed out on seeing some talented youngsters.

Good luck to all the lads who took part, here's hoping we see them in the 'main event' in the future.

It wasn't you ponceing about like Freddie Mercury was it Jeff? :lol:

only after midnight m8 :lol:

i was disgusted at poor reece been excluded ,, he must have been gutted poor lad

i spoke to his dad earlier on in the day ,, they had mechanical gremlins at practise & reece didn't get time to have a practice ,, then for some jobs worth to exclude the kid ,,, well words fail me ,, i really felt for the kid

It makes it worse knowing he missed practice as well.

Hope the youngster that was hurt makes a speedy recovery as I believe he picked up a few injuries from his high siding.

I agree also that the pre meeting entertainment was poor, I like the idea of a group to build up the atmosphere but thought last years stunt moto x lads fitted the bill. I was quite bored with the heliosperes so was my wife and daughter. :unsure:

Last year there was a youngster touch tapes i think, or something happened at the start. And the Ref allowed him to go off 15m's. so hence he was aloud to have all his rides.

All depends on the ref i guess??!!!

Gotta agree with the Pud, the support races are the SGP Final to those lads. Rules is rules of course but surely a bit of leeway - young lads riding in the Millenium Stadium in front of 40,000, just before their heroes ride, nerves jangling, always possible make the odd blob they wouldn't otherwise. To be able to say "I rode at Cardiff in (just before) the SGP" would set them up for the year and they'd be able to "dine out" on it for life. Hope it don't happen but no-one could blame them if they became disillusioned, packed speedway in and took up motocross or something similar....

Gotta agree with the Pud, the support races are the SGP Final to those lads. Rules is rules of course but surely a bit of leeway - young lads riding in the Millenium Stadium in front of 40,000, just before their heroes ride, nerves jangling, always possible make the odd blob they wouldn't otherwise. To be able to say "I rode at Cardiff in (just before) the SGP" would set them up for the year and they'd be able to "dine out" on it for life. Hope it don't happen but no-one could blame them if they became disillusioned, packed speedway in and took up motocross or something similar....

Exactly...........nicely put.....disillusionment for our youngsters is the last thing we want.

And don't forget the other unsung heroes...........the parents...those dad's that do all those miles and the mums and sisters and other siblings also gathered in support.

As has been said they should never be denied the chance to ride Cardiff on such an occasion

:lol:

to be honest it was the fact kyle howarth & young reecie was riding at cardiff that tipped the scales on me going or not

i've become very good friends with kyle & his crew this last 11 months ,, and he only decided to started speedway after watching the under 15's at cardiff last year and look how far the kid had progressed ,, the damage pulling the plug on these young lads has untold consequences from current to future riders / fans been disillusioned with the set-up ,,

im pleased to say though that young kyle had an awesome few days in cardiff and loved the experience ,,, hob nobbing with the superstars ,, :wink:

I'm glad this thread is on here. Looked nasty and I have been wanting to know how the poor lad is ever since.

I too, was furious that the rest of the junior races had been cancelled - it was ridiculous. Freddie was good, but those ballon things went on a bit and surely could have been cut short...... :unsure:

Edited by zonkers