British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
NJT

Pre Gp Races

to be honest it was the fact kyle howarth & young reecie was riding at cardiff that tipped the scales on me going or not

i've become very good friends with kyle & his crew this last 11 months ,, and he only decided to started speedway after watching the under 15's at cardiff last year and look how far the kid had progressed ,, the damage pulling the plug on these young lads has untold consequences from current to future riders / fans been disillusioned with the set-up ,,

im pleased to say though that young kyle had an awesome few days in cardiff and loved the experience ,,, hob nobbing with the superstars ,, :wink:

hello my portly friend classing ones self as a superstar are we :rolleyes:

Totally agree with all angry comments on Pre GP Races.

Below are my general GP comments posted on the Birmingham Speedway Forum

1 - The track was probably too good - great for the riders,but the old ruts and bumps used to provide some real edge of seat moments for the fans

2 - General meeting presentation was poor with no obvious link betwen man on mic and the playing of music.

3 - Music TOO BLOODY LOUD!! Couldnt even talk between races.Comes to something when you are taking your ear defenders off for the racing and back on for the music.I was up on the third tier second bend - was it unbearable anywhere else??

4 - Worst Decision of the Day - No not Bomber or Pedersen....it was 12 year old(wasnt exactly sure of his age) Reece Downes being excluded for touching the tapes in the kids demonstration race.

5 - Shortchanged - Sorry folks - we arent going to run the final 2 kids demonstration races because we know all you motorcycle racing fans cant wait to see 2 ballons floating around with acrobats hanging from them!!!Give me strength

hello my portly friend classing ones self as a superstar are we :rolleyes:

now then my well rounded buddy :wink: yes i am classing myself as a superstar ......... you do it all the time :lol:

I particularly wanted to se the sports future talent and was appaulled that the referee who I assume was the meeting ref excluded a ten year old lad who was effectively in a demonstration race.

How Reece felt after the travel, build up to the whole meeting I just don't know. Surely at the very least he could have been given a ride off 15 metres.

Whoever excluded the lad for a tape infringement that hardly any one saw shouldn't ever be allowed to ref a tiddly winks competition in future.

Does anyone know who the ref was? :cry:

Yes, the referee was Frank Ziegler from Germany and to exclude 10 year old Reece Downes from what really was a demonstration race can almost be classified as "Child Abuse".

The poor little lad was in tears and I am sure I would have been too if it had happened to me.

It was a fantastic opportunity for the youngsters to perform in front of the biggest crowd of their young lives and the ref spoiled it for young Reece.

Hopefully, some of the lads will be back in 2020 as fully fledged Grand Prix riders and show us what they learned from being at the British Grand Prix in Cardiff.

Edited by Haggis

hi, just like to say a big sorry that after my crash the young lads racing day had to end SORRY LADS. nothing is broken but have to have more xrays on monday. as a bone chipped in my right elbow otherwise im good. thank you everyone for the phone calls and emails. im ok and be back on again soon. many thanks once again nathan stoneman.

hi, just like to say a big sorry that after my crash the young lads racing day had to end SORRY LADS. nothing is broken but have to have more xrays on monday. as a bone chipped in my right elbow otherwise im good. thank you everyone for the phone calls and emails. im ok and be back on again soon. many thanks once again nathan stoneman.

glad your ok m8 ,, hey it wasnt your fault the other young lads didnt get there 2nd ride ,, you have nothing to be sorry about ,, it was the organisers fault for putting a crap tribute band on instead of speedway ( we'd all payed to see speedway , not some ponce pretending to be queen :wink: )

hope your back on track soon

Am very relieved to hear you are okay (well, relatively so). :)

And I agree with Pudding - they should have cut short the other entertainment - not the junior races ! :rolleyes:

Edited by zonkers

Please remember that this event is held under the duristiction of the FIM and not the SCB or ACU. Had Ziegler refused to ref the demo races then there would be none. The races are held under the FIM rules and maybe he felt thats how it should be run. Yes hard on the kids (my kid rode in 07 and 08) but he did as the rule book states. Maybe he wasn't taken aside by our uk representative and told how to run the demo races. Olie Olsen is the worst candidate here and every year he hates having the hassle of kids out before a GP. The main reason is exactly what happened here, the use of medical services which could delay the main event. However the meeting started on Friday at 2pm and ends sat eve so we cannot put a uk ref in for the demo races on sat at 3.15.

There is no way round it and the experience of the pits and track prep, free tickets etc for the event is worth the invite so lets look forward to next year. I saw a rider in the 05 demo race who now rides for sheffield fall on the 1st corner and the race was stopped and all 4 back for restart.

Dont knock the event, people in high places do read this forum.

Nathan there is no need to applogise its the most dangerous two wheeled motor sport there is and thus accidents do happen frequently and do not allow any guilt to lay on your shoulders. At this moment in your life and for the rest of your carreer no one is perfect although many think they are. I hope you father gets through the next month OK and it obviously will be on your mind and effect your concentration/abilities at this moment in time.

Edited by morganbike

Has anyone else tried e-mailing speedwaygp using the contact link on their website ? I tried to comment on the cancelling of the junior races but their website would not accept my e-mail.